Hacking What firmware does the 3DS XL ship with at the moment?

Lirath15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not with the DSTwo, it has it's own update method that should be able to work, but it's a little risky so let's see if it's needed first.
I see. I just hope Kid Icarus doesn't force an update to 4.5, I assume it won't since it's an older game.

Keo-Spin1080

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The original color ones: RED, BLUE, SILVER ship with 4.2.0-9 E/U/K etc

The recent white SMB MK7 / yellow pikachu bundle I suspect come with 4.3 / 4.4. Maybe possibly 4.5 but I doubt it. 4.5 or higher will be on the JPN SMB/Animal Crossing Bundles.

Senbei Norimaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just got the Mario Kart 3dsxl bundle at Best Buy today filmware 4.3U. I got a 3dsxl and a free game at a great price as an extra bonus I can use my AceKard 2i with it! :yaynds: Winning! Does anybody know what steps I can do to prevent someone from accidentally updating my 3DS? Also what can I do to prevent Nintendo from updating it?

kikuo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tested my r4i gold 3ds,it can work perfectly on V4.5.0-10 after updated my 3ds,you dont need any updating,just use the latest firmware v1.54,after you power your 3ds and you will see the icon " deep labyrinth",that's to show your card can directly compatibility.

Senbei Norimaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Never connect it to the internet, and go through all the settings (spotpass included) to turn off all automatic updates and downloads.

Also there's no way to stop people from trying to go online and updating it. Don't hand it out to people that might update it.

Really? I know on the Wii you could prevent updates just by setting a parental lock on the shop channel. Will Streetpass still work if I turn off automatic updates and downloads?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
tested my r4i gold 3ds,it can work perfectly on V4.5.0-10 after updated my 3ds,you dont need any updating,just use the latest firmware v1.54,after you power your 3ds and you will see the icon " deep labyrinth",that's to show your card can directly compatibility.
This is wrong, as posted multiple times on the forum. That icon only comes on the latest hardware revision and the update for it is not available, also 1.54 is the version of Wood, which is NOT the firmware and does not relate to 3DS compatibility.

Really? I know on the Wii you could prevent updates just by setting a parental lock on the shop channel. Will Streetpass still work if I turn off automatic updates and downloads?
Idunno' about that stuff, don't have a 3DS myself.

gamer765

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought the Blue 3DSXL with the Mario Kart 7 pre-installed, it is 4.3.0-10U
Same, went to Target and bought the Blue 3DS XL with Mario Kart 7 for $139.99. 4.3.0-10U came loaded on it.
So for my 2 3DS Xl's:
1. Red 3DS XL: 4.2.0
2. Blue 3DS XL Mario Kart 7: 4.3.0
Both purchased at Target B&M

f0rCe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The original color ones: RED, BLUE, SILVER ship with 4.2.0-9 E/U/K etc

The recent white SMB MK7 / yellow pikachu bundle I suspect come with 4.3 / 4.4. Maybe possibly 4.5 but I doubt it. 4.5 or higher will be on the JPN SMB/Animal Crossing Bundles.

Is this statement still valid? :yaynds:

Has anyone bought the last time a new 3DS XL and can confirm that?

f0rCe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's been a bit over 7 months since that post. If you want something with an old firmware, go used.
Nope, just bought one in a local store called Media Markt. The package was a little bit dusty and there was written "(c) 2012" on the silver and the red ones. The black ones were "(c) 2013".

With the used ones you will never know if the user before you made a FW-Update or not.

Well, it's Version 4.2.0-9E :) I'm happy now. Thanks for reply.

hashcheck1

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a brand new White XL in Australia which i brand new stock and it was on 4.5 also purchased a Red XL which was on 4.4

bobachilles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Today I purchased a silver 3ds xl from an EBgames store (Australian equivalent of GameStop) and it came with firmware 4.4.
I specifically asked if he (the employee) could check if there were any xl consoles that have the 2012 copyright marked on the box and he happily checked for me no questions asked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (this is going to be horribly misinterpreted as me wanting to fuck DK or smth, isn't it?)