Gaming What Features Would You Like To See On The New Mario Kart?

Javier78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Javier78 said:
-Bring snaking back.
-Bring back the blue shell glitch from MKDS.

-Allow some sort of online lobby for joining different kinds of races (50cc, 100cc, balloon battle, etc...)
-Moar retro courses.
-Only 8 racers, not 12. Mario Kart Wii was way too hectic. Hell, maybe even letting us choose how many racers per race would be nice.

That's all. I know some are highly unlikely to be implemented, but god damn it, I really hated MKWii. MKDS is the best out of all of them.
I had to look up what you was talking , and wow! I didn't know that was possible O.o

Just clarifying, I'm talking about dodging blue shells. Only works in 150cc though. Best glitch ever.

D

Deleted User

3eb50c748f6da0c982abd7c3d0401f2c.jpg

Sonic Crossover. V
crossover_nintendo_princess_peach_sonic_team_sonic_the_hedgehog_super_mario.jpg

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Most of my ones have already been mentioned but:

Build your own tracks would be really cool like on GRID
The ability to turn specific item usage on and off
option to turn position based items off
WAY more track based obstacles (the wii version seriously lacked it)
Unlockable costumes for characters

New weapons iv had some ideas for:

mirrormissile - a single fire missile that doesnt lock on to enemies but if it hits then it switches the control method around for a few seconds (left is right and right is left)

fludd - spawns mario's fludd and when activated leaves a trail of water behind you and if anyone is following you like trying to get a speed boost they slide out

Hiz_95

Trophies
XP
Country
Online battle mode that is FFA, no teams.

Also I would like them to remove blue shells and give us voice chat with randoms we meet, even though both are extremely unlikely to happen.

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
jimwhat said:
Alex221 said:
I would like to be able to know how many miles per hour im going,and also when you play on wifi in mario kart ds you race with random people that you'll probably never see again,it would be cool if you could add the people that you race with as friends and also it would be cool to add new tracks,characters,ect. So What Would You Guys Like To See In The New Mario Kart?

I want to be able to make my own map and have my friend race on it. Also greater customization setting would be great.

I actually wish that it would be similar to ModNation
http://ps3.ign.com/objects/143/14354797.html

That'd be epic
biggrin.gif

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Javier78 said:
-Bring snaking back.
-Bring back the blue shell glitch from MKDS.
-Allow some sort of online lobby for joining different kinds of races (50cc, 100cc, balloon battle, etc...)
-Moar retro courses.
-Only 8 racers, not 12. Mario Kart Wii was way too hectic. Hell, maybe even letting us choose how many racers per race would be nice.

That's all. I know some are highly unlikely to be implemented, but god damn it, I really hated MKWii. MKDS is the best out of all of them.
I liked having 12 racers, it didn't seem hectic to me.

Also, although I would like the blue shell gone all together, its probably never going to happen, so instead I would like a way to dodge it, but not a really easy way, make it harder to do, but give us a chance.

I think it would also be nice to make your own tracks, but only if it is a good track editor, like the one in modnation racers

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to see this for a roster:

Light
Starters:
-Baby Mario
-Baby Peach
-Baby Wario
-Koopa Troopa / Koopa Paratroopa (with the ability to freely switch between them at the starting screen. Both Green and Red)
-Toad (At least 4 Palette Swaps)
-Noki (At least 3 Palette Swaps)
-Kamek/Magikoopa (At least 4 Palette Swaps)

Unlockable:
-Baby Luigi (ul Baby Mario)
-Baby Daisy (ul Baby Peach)
-Baby Donkey Kong (ul Baby Wario)
-Boo (2 Color Swaps) (Ul Koopa Troopa)
-Toadette (At least 2 Palette Swaps) (ul toad)
-Dry Bones (ul Bowser Jr)
-Boom Boom (ul Kamek/Magikoopa)

Medium
Starter:
-Mario
-Peach
-Yoshi (6 Color Palettes)
-Diddy Kong
-Bowser Jr.
-Hammer Bro (3 Color Palettes)
-Tiny Kong

Unlockables:
-Luigi (ul Mario)
-Daisy (ul Peach)
-Dixie Kong (ul Diddy Kong)
-Kritter (ul Tiny Kong)
-Monty Mole (ul Hammer Bro)
-Shy Guy ( 5 Color Palettes) (ul Wiggler )
-Birdo (ul Yoshi)

Heavy
Starter:
-Bowser/Dry Bowser Suit
-Wario/Wario Ware Suit
-Donkey Kong
-King Boo
-Wiggler
-Rosalina
-Funky Kong

Unlockable
- Petey Piranha (ul King Boo)
- R.O.B (ul Rosalina)
- Waluigi (ul Wario)
- King K. Rool (ul Funky Kong)
- Frank West Jimmy T. (ul Donkey Kong)
- Wart (ul Bowser)
- Pianta (3 Color Palettes) (ul Noki)

Other
-Mii (All)

I'd like to see more characters, but I think for a hand held iteration, that list would be fine. If the limit on the 3DS carts starts at 2GB, then they should have plenty of room for all of those characters. (As more were present in a smaller game, and each character in said smaller game had far more models and textures and information than they would in a racing game where you don't see their entire body.)

I'd also like the character limit lifted from 12 (which is a perfectly fine number) to 16. Hell, how many did F-Zero have? 30 something? I think 16 is perfect for a kart racer - especially for something like 8 on 8 team racing. Any more than that and I think that some of the races would simply drag on.

I also demand that there be a landmaster car.

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bring back diddy kong racing? but as far as MK, the only thing i would like is adjustable fair gameplay(turn on or off) where last place doesnt constantly get best items and drives way faster then first place, and make it more challenging at the same time, but then again thats prolly the fun part of mk, the fact that its nothing short of completely unfair, with the blue shells hitting you right before the end of 3rd lap right after a thunder strike

Bigmoose6442

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My favorite mario kart was overall the N64 version. I did also enjoy double dash but not as much. It would be really cool if they added more cups and more classic N64 and SNES race tracks. Maybe they should have a cup specifically designed for tracks from past Mario games. It would be really cool to have a speedometer that tells you how fast your going and it would be nice to get a few new weapons. New characters would be nice and also, implement the double dash feature. Online play would be a blast if you and somebody from Japan could race in the same vehicle! Also, they need to enhance the battle games. N64 battle games were a blast. It would be very nice to be able to make your own track but I dont think were that advanced yet.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Bigmoose6442 said:
Maybe they should have a cup specifically designed for tracks from past Mario games.

I think they do do this. In quite a few Mario kart games, actually. Maybe I'm not getting what you're saying...
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==