Hacking What exactly is "files9"?

wiiu more like pee u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, so you just create it yourself? It also says back up the file is you have it, if i create it myself it won't have anything in it so there's no point in backing it up...?
If you don't have anything in there then you don't need to back it up but further into the guide there will be important files in there, and so you will need to back it up.

Reactions: MasterViper81

messerchadger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an interest in Decrypt9 and what the file9 folder is used for. I recently crashed my CFW using CVST and loading a PCSXE Final Fantasy VII .pbp title acquired from uTorrent.

Decrypt-9 can fix problems like this using file targeting. Without a decrypt tool, GM9 is less able to fix corrupt files.
Running Decrypt-9 from Godmode is exciting because that allows a recovery from just about every software related problem.
Blue Screen brick and you hardmod.
Fried processor chip and you... wait, I don't know yet!

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Yeah I'd assume wasn't sure if the announcement thread was good pretty sure theirs a bug board?
  • LinkmstrYT @ LinkmstrYT:
    I'm just happy that this new site layout works well on mobile. Ads don't annoy me as I scroll pages. Before, ads would pop up and change so often that it messes with me browsing through pages in the previous, old layout.
  • PeeJay Bonobo @ PeeJay Bonobo:
    I gotta check it out on mobile sometime.
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Yeah super nice additions added seems to catch more attention also so it isn't just me Veho and psi making fools of ourselves :yay:
    Very good to hear.
    So far, I'm liking the addition of a general chat so I can say Hi to my fellow Tempers.
    I wonder if that works on mobile?
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Seems to be working nice on mobile just a little clunky but like Costello said they got bugs to work out
    Of course.
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    Meh, I'd rather go back to v7.
    Though I do wonder what v9's gonna be like, eventually...
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    We hate change but we adapt
    ^ More like "forced to" adapt, honestly.
  • vincentx77 @ vincentx77:
    So we have chat now?
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    It's free service with knowledgeable people can't really complain if they try to improve their site
  • R @ rjwboys2:
    i rather they update then keep useing older software that could have security risks
  • MarioSilva @ MarioSilva:
    I like the new design
    Hopefully they fix the lag issues soon; that's the biggest issue with this update.
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Not much lag on my end
    Not on the home page, but in threads? Typing is painfully slow, and my fans start going.
    to be honest, I'm not experiencing any la
    g
    I think the design is okay. Honestly I don't think it's all that different. Just tweaked a little.
    not even in the threads
    I don't have any lag either
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Don't fix what's not broken
    kenenthk @ kenenthk: Don't fix what's not broken