Gaming What ever happened to Maple Story DS?

jmac777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Um...It may be old news...but what ever happened to MapleStory DS? I thought it was supposed to come out in korea or somewhere else in Eastern Asia?

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. I wanted to check out this game in a timely fashion as well but i stopped following it when I ran into so many conflicting reports and could only 1 game play video reposted a million times...
I will probably be let down by it anywho!

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thebobevil said:
It's been out in Korea a while ... may, or may not, be coming out in the West ... depending on who you listen to.
It's not in the undumped DS game list, I think. Should it be added there?

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Probably not ... worthless having unless you can read Korean, and are happy to be trying to continually connect to servers that wont allow you access, as they block any IP not in Korea.

I can't recall exactly when it was released in Korea ... I seem to think it was about October or November of last year ... I may be wrong about when, but it was released.

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Out in Korea. Wifi is available but is IP blocked out of South korea. Its an O.K game. Not the best. Its 2D. Kinda like fight based RPG. i give it a 6.5/10. Demo came outa a year ago. Real game is yet to be released.

death123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.videogamelagoon.com
XP
Country
Canada
ok this is wat i heard..please dont get mad at me if u think im wrong
but this is wat i HEARD...maple story is not online meaning that its only single player mode..
is it true or a myth?

123noob321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
death123 said:
ok this is wat i heard..please dont get mad at me if u think im wrong
but this is wat i HEARD...maple story is not online meaning that its only single player mode..
is it true or a myth?
well anything can change since its not out yet but..right now it is supposed to be single player with wifi too..i dont think they went into detail on the wifi...so it could just be crappy stuff...either way, im buying it. lol
yaynds.gif
...and a ds...just wait for it to come out
lecture.gif

edit: He did however mention quite a few details about the upcoming Maple Story DS. Kang pointed out that they're aggressively developing the game and that it is currently in very good shape. He said that it will not be an MMORPG type game but a typical action RPG. In a nod to fans of the MMORPG, however, he also indicated that they do plan on including a few WiFi features in the game.

During the event it was also revealed that developers from the Nintendo Kyoto headquarters have been helping out Nexon in the development of Maple Story DS. Nexon has said that the people working on the project with them have been "very helpful" with the project.
On the other hand, Maple Story DS will be released internationally, though an exact date has yet to be announced.

its all in the link from before

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's been delayed to "TBA 08" in Korea.

And no, it's not MMO. It's single player. But apparently, it still has Wifi for something.

It's probably not worth my time if it ain't MMO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill