Hacking What DS Lite accessories should I get?

CSD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now, I have a DSL and an R4. That's it. What are the must-haves for any DSL owner? I'm definitely going to need a screen protector, so please recommend a good one. (Although, Nintendo does advise not to use any non-Nintendo screen protectors...should I just ignore that?)

I'd appreciate CHEAP accessories, as I'm definitely not looking to spend a lot of money here. Plus, if they can be found at DX, that would be a plus as I'd like to buy from them.

Zombie_Mario

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just got a Onyx DSL and I'm gonna get it a DSL Guard Mask (http://www.kickgaming.com/nds-lite-c-31.html?filter_id=16). It's pretty cheap too almost $9 with shipping.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Depends if you all really anal about protection.

I would recommend Capdase Taku protectors over the Hori ones. Both are of the same high quality, but the Taku ones cover the entire bottom screen (I actually use a Taku one for the bottom screen and a Hori one for the top).

You should get a case too. I have a Hori Compact Pouch which I've cut one of the seams so that the DS slots can hold the Hori cloth.

I was planning to get Bestskinsever protectors for the body, but I'll think about it longer. Does anybody know anything about these, or has anything to say? I've seen some pictures of the board, but they don't really convince me that they are "invisible". Can anybody comment on the "feel" of the skins when they are applied, and whether they are noticeable. I was thinking that they'd stick out like tape or contact just stuck onto the DS.

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd get the React charging dock (google it) instead of the one kellyan mentioned. The logo is alot less visible and it holds your DS better. I got mine
at Best Buy for $10.

EDIT: Upon googling to get a link, I see it's not in the first couple pages of results. I'll get a good link in a minute.

EDIT 2:Linkage

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just purchased bestskinsever total body skin. Hopefully it goes well when I get it. I won't use my new DS till then
smile.gif

sipoon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Depends if you all really anal about protection.

I would recommend Capdase Taku protectors over the Hori ones. Both are of the same high quality, but the Taku ones cover the entire bottom screen (I actually use a Taku one for the bottom screen and a Hori one for the top).

I got the same Taku ones as well from play asia, it was pretty easy to apply as it just sticks on to the touch screen pretty easily without any bubbles, im glad i made the right choice, i didnt kno hori ones did not cover the entire touch screen, the top screen one doesnt quite fit right tho.

tipsy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
I don't really think any accessories are necessary ... the only thing I have is a HORI screen protector on my touch screen (the DS manual advises that you not place a screen protector on the top screen), and my DS still looks pretty new.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlxH_Th3-LI