What DS Lite accessories should I get?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by CSD, Aug 3, 2007.

Aug 3, 2007
  1. CSD
    OP

Member CSD GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Right now, I have a DSL and an R4. That's it. What are the must-haves for any DSL owner? I'm definitely going to need a screen protector, so please recommend a good one. (Although, Nintendo does advise not to use any non-Nintendo screen protectors...should I just ignore that?)

I'd appreciate CHEAP accessories, as I'm definitely not looking to spend a lot of money here. Plus, if they can be found at DX, that would be a plus as I'd like to buy from them.

2. Zombie_Mario

Member Zombie_Mario GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I just got a Onyx DSL and I'm gonna get it a DSL Guard Mask (http://www.kickgaming.com/nds-lite-c-31.html?filter_id=16). It's pretty cheap too almost $9 with shipping.

3. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Depends if you all really anal about protection.

I would recommend Capdase Taku protectors over the Hori ones. Both are of the same high quality, but the Taku ones cover the entire bottom screen (I actually use a Taku one for the bottom screen and a Hori one for the top).

You should get a case too. I have a Hori Compact Pouch which I've cut one of the seams so that the DS slots can hold the Hori cloth.

I was planning to get Bestskinsever protectors for the body, but I'll think about it longer. Does anybody know anything about these, or has anything to say? I've seen some pictures of the board, but they don't really convince me that they are "invisible". Can anybody comment on the "feel" of the skins when they are applied, and whether they are noticeable. I was thinking that they'd stick out like tape or contact just stuck onto the DS.

4. kellyan95

Banned kellyan95 Banned

United States
  5. PikaPika

Member PikaPika GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'd get the React charging dock (google it) instead of the one kellyan mentioned. The logo is alot less visible and it holds your DS better. I got mine
    at Best Buy for $10.

EDIT: Upon googling to get a link, I see it's not in the first couple pages of results. I'll get a good link in a minute.

EDIT 2:Linkage

6. CSD
    OP

Member CSD GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

7. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    I just purchased bestskinsever total body skin. Hopefully it goes well when I get it. I won't use my new DS till then [​IMG]

8. sipoon

Member sipoon GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    I got the same Taku ones as well from play asia, it was pretty easy to apply as it just sticks on to the touch screen pretty easily without any bubbles, im glad i made the right choice, i didnt kno hori ones did not cover the entire touch screen, the top screen one doesnt quite fit right tho.

9. Martytoof

Newcomer Martytoof Newbie

United States
    I have one of these on my Blackberry Pearl. It works amazingly well, though it doesn't protect the silver side plastic. Definitely thinking about this for my white DSL.

10. tipsy

Member tipsy GBAtemp Regular

China
    I don't really think any accessories are necessary ... the only thing I have is a HORI screen protector on my touch screen (the DS manual advises that you not place a screen protector on the top screen), and my DS still looks pretty new.