Gaming What do you think about Halo 3DS?

What do you think about Halo on 3DS?

• Yes YES BEAST!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • dont think so

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
t377y000 said:
i think the only way really tho for a 1st party title like mario, zelda, ect. that company has to fall out like sega did.
remember last last gen? dreamcast, ps2, gamecube, & xbox?
the moment sega went out sonic adventure 1 & 2 went to gamecube that same gen.
Well there are crossovers...

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
t377y000 said:
things halo & conduit have in common,
online death matches,
online team death matches,
online voice chat,
& in conduit 2 split screen death matches,

Every FPS has that! It's the weapons and gameplay quirks that changes each one. Example, Halo Reach has Jetpacks.

theres pretty much identicle except for the storys. i forgot what other features they were adding to conduit 2 but, im sure theyll also be in 3ds version.

*see above*

& for those saying its like mario going to 360 its actually not.

They were using it as an example, and as a hint of sarcasm.

halo is by bungie. which recently went multi-platform i think?
unsure.gif

Bungie merged with Activision, but before they did this they sold Halo to Microsoft who then made 343 Studios, which are handling all future Halo games.

but um anyway 3rd partys have moved before. like concer use to be on n64 & now on xbox, & i thought monster hunter was playstation exclusive until it was released on wii.

Rare was bought by Microsoft, hence they took all their franchises with them. MH wasn't exclusive to PS, Capcom just wanted to be developed ONLY for PS, until MHT came out.

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
i actually think it's not impossible, it's not likely though

doesn't anyone remember Halo DS? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91qQ7R30nAw
I don't think the DS line is a competition or threat to microsoft unless microsoft come out with a handheld.

Another thing, Rareware is owned by microsoft right? and yet there were some Rareware games on the DS remember? (viva pinata, diddy kong racing, though granted they werent with microsoft). Rareware was even considering releasing a Banjo Kazooie on the 3DS

any of you correct me if i'm wrong though

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kenshin-dragon said:
A Gay Little Catboy said:
How about no, just no. Half Life 3D would be a better idea
yes, yes, 100x yes. Nintendo/Valve crossover, leaving Microsoft in the dirt.
nds.gif

It's not like most gaming computers that use Steam also use Windows 7... And no, no one cares about Mac OSX.

Also, The Conduit is a really obvious Halo rip off. The Wii was just lacking a sci-fi themed FPS game so they decided to clone Halo for it. Conduit 2 is looking a bit more promising and I though the first Conduit was actually a fun online experience (actually own the game), but it's still a Halo rip off.

FPS games should just not go portable. A common misconception is that any genre nowadays that works on a console can work on a handheld. Even if the power is there and even if the controls are there, it's just not true.

Die Antwoord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Hell there shouldn't even be FPS games on the 3DS. They just wouldn't work well with its control scheme.
Why?
The developer does't have to use the touch screen.
I'd like a FPS where circle-pad is the gun sight, and D-pad moves you.

They can throw in a touch inventory or something if they want.

since the circle pad is under the d-pad i think, it wouldn't work..

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ramonra said:
awssk8er said:
Rock Raiyu said:
awssk8er said:
If I remember correctly: They were working on a Halo for the DS, but Bungi themselves announced that they cancelled it.

But I'm pretty sure it won't happen. I would actually like that though. Halo is one of the only pretty good FPS's out there, and I know they would make the online good.
I thought that was a homebrew game?

Or maybe I'm thinking about something different.
No, there were several homebrew games and the Golden Eye hack which added Halo weapons.

Not either of those. I'm almost positive they said they were working on it.

Yes, they were
Oh yeah I remember that.

I honestly thought that was a homebrew game though. My mistake.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
dinofan01 said:
Law said:
Ramonra said:
YayMii said:
Alex221 said:
explain how it wouldnt work well. You could move with the analong stick and hold L to be in aiming mode and move the crosshair with the analong and shoot with R
WTF kind of control scheme is that?

Swap the "L" with the "R" and it's the control scheme for the upcoming Resident Evil games.

Resident Evil is not only a third person shooter (with optional first person aiming for the 3DS game?) it's also always made you stop to shoot. An idea that has never really worked in an FPS game (unless you're playing babies first FPS where you don't need to strafe to avoid getting shot).

Hell it's pretty annoying in Resident Evil as it is but at least they make the enemies slow (and mostly melee) to compensate.
you know the fps view is mandatory on 3ds and you can move while shooting right?

No I didn't because I haven't been keeping up with news about a resident evil game I'm probably not going to play.

So assuming what was posted earlier is the control scheme for the game, if the slide pad both moves and aims when a button is being held down, where have they delagated moving whilst in aim mode to? The d-pad?

or do you mean you can "run and gun" from the hip? I guess they would have to make the game easier for users of the 3DS to play it.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would love to see a FPS on 3DS, even though I`m not sure if it has to be Halo. Geist 3DS would be cool
biggrin.gif

I also think the 3DS will work great with FPSes, since the TS is like a mouse in the first-place and the circle-pad also will work great for movement. The only thing that will be missing is activating the ads, which is a little sloppy when done by double-tapping the screen so second shoulder-buttons would have been quite nice.

But I still think TS outdoes dual-analog any day and I`m very angry about RE using the circle-pad to aim!!!

Law said:
So assuming what was posted earlier is the control scheme for the game, if the slide pad both moves and aims when a button is being held down, where have they delagated moving whilst in aim mode to? The d-pad?

or do you mean you can "run and gun" from the hip? I guess they would have to make the game easier for users of the 3DS to play it.
I think to explain the ridiculous (subjectiv, I know...) controls-scheme of RE-games on 3DS I think is quite challenging.

As far as I know you move with the circle-pad tank-style. When you hold down the L-button you cannot move but aim with the circle-pad. Now when you are in aiming-mode by holding the L-button you can hold an additional button (don`t know which) to move but that way your vision is fixed! No aiming anymore... If I`m wrong please correct me.

Hmm, I think ridiculous explains this controls scheme best!

Imo throw away this whole control-scheme and give me the same one from RE4 (Wii) and RE5 (PC, Move). Oh, And when I`m at it: WTF is going on with the First-Person-view? Why no over the shoulder anymore???

Capcom...
rolleyes.gif

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
I doubt that will happen anytime soon...if it were to jump on any portable band wagon it'd most probably be the Playstation, as the Xbox and Playstation consoles are about on par with each other...but you never know, XBox/Microsoft might have a handheld of their own in development?

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Master Mo said:
Law said:

I think to explain the ridiculous (subjectiv, I know...) controls-scheme of RE-games on 3DS I think is quite challenging.

As far as I know you move with the circle-pad tank-style. When you hold down the L-button you cannot move but aim with the circle-pad. Now when you are in aiming-mode by holding the L-button you can hold an additional button (don`t know which) to move but that way your vision is fixed! No aiming anymore... If I`m wrong please correct me.

Nope. You're right, almost.

You go into aiming mode by holding 'R' and you can aim with the C-Pad. Then if you also hold 'L', you can move with a fixed aim.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ramonra said:
Nope. You're right, almost.

You go into aiming mode by holding 'R' and you can aim with the C-Pad. Then if you also hold 'L', you can move with a fixed aim.
And which button do you use to fire shots? Is it A, B, X or Y? Hmm, I thought the other shoulder-button would be for shooting...

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It will never happen, I'm glad it will never happen, and Halo never should hit a Nintendo console, Halo would ruin Nintendo, Halo leads to bad taste in gaming for kids.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hop2089 said:
It will never happen, I'm glad it will never happen, and Halo never should hit a Nintendo console, Halo would ruin Nintendo, Halo leads to bad taste in gaming for kids.
I think there's a lot of other factors too, but yeah halo is a bad game.
Especially when you think that only 13 and 14 year olds play it, yet it's not rated 13/14 is it?

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gta for 3ds is more than possible
but not halo
i would love a fable game on the 3ds, but it's not gonna happen and it shouldn't
halo should remain a microsoft franchisé
and yes, nintendo and microsoft type online community don't get along well

there will be fps games, the 3d and touch screen controlled shooting begs for it, but there will be no halo

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Die Antwoord said:
since the circle pad is under the d-pad i think, it wouldn't work..
Wrong. The D-Pad is under the Circle Pad.

On-topic: For people complaining about analog+touchscreen controls not working well, who knows, maybe one company will get crafty and make some sort of second thumbstick that worked by attaching to the touchscreen. But then again, that would take away from the pointer accuracy that you can get from a touchscreen normally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...