Hardware What do you still use Nintendo 3DS for now that the Switch exists?

Svinorin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Casually playing games I enjoy, plus playing games with my friends who can't afford/don't want a Switch. Don't use it nearly as much as my Switch, but it's not too far off from my Switch Lite in terms of being used. Still a lot of games I want to get around to playing, and my friends enjoy watching me play them occasionally when I stream my 3ds.

Rednorka

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rednorka.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Russia
Nowadays I sometimes play DS and older Nintendo system games on my New 2DS. In that aspect it has a HUGE upper hand over Switch with its better portability and ease of hacking. (as well as the fact that dual-screen games simply don't work on one screen for me)

At some point, I was also really into using Moonshell on it via my R4 clone flashcard to play music, but now I got a phone with lots of storage to do that lol.

Reactions: JLO64 and Takokeshi

JLO64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I recently managed to fix my switch and installed atmosphere with Retroarch on it so I’ve switched (no pun intended) to that device as my main portable gaming console. That being said, I still use my 3DS daily as a MP3 player (unlike the switch I can play Music while in sleep mode) and to play Wordle (DS).

Reactions: Takokeshi

SkepticalTomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS have a lot of very awesome games

Like the Persona Q games, the 3D N64 remakes, Monster Hunter, Link between worlds...

Also it is the only console with 3D

Also also it is easily portable since you can just put it in your pocket and go

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Aside from playing all the games you can with its native hardware (N3DS, 3DS, DSi, DS, and GBA), it's my secret compartment for data storage.

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
What games can't Citra play right now? I was under the impression it was fairly complete and could play practically anything.
It only plays popular games. The one i wanted to play is a stupid game, teddy together. It crashes on start game. Already reported a year ago.

Reactions: JLO64

CommanderCool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What games can't Citra play right now? I was under the impression it was fairly complete and could play practically anything.

Even among popular games, Citra struggles. It also lacks a lot of basic features that the 3DS has, as well as basic features that other emulators have. The devs of Citra are extremely lazy, and SleepingSnake has a deflection for every criticism you can throw at him.

Don't know why the Citra team even trusts that piece of shit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I was like is this the way out, oh probably there's a giant exit sign