Gaming What do you expect from Pokemon Black 2 and White 2?

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Little bit of a hope thread here, just thinking about Black and White 2 and what you think/hope the next Pokemon game will hold. Heres my hopes/predictions

- I don't think they'll lump you with the same starters maybe a little variation, I havent got a clue what starters we'll get, maybe they might introduce some new ones, or prehaps they'll give you a selection of one of the previous starters.

- I don't think they'll limit you to the same map again, well maybe they might, but a morphed version of the black and white map with differences, I say this for pure repitition, they can't make you play the same game again with a slightly different story, maybe they'll give you access to certain areas of different generation maps, like a track N down type of thing. This would allow catching of different generation pokemon without it getting confusing and contradicting itself.

- I don't think you'll be playing the same character as you did in the first game but like gold/silver I kinda guess you'll run into him/her at some point in the story, he/she might even play an intrigual part to it.

- Maybe you play from the side of N, ya know now hes not corrupt by Ghetis, but thinking about it might be a little unlikely as you would get access to the legendary pokemon from the get go, unless its some kind of prequel but that would cut out you meeting and catching the legendary pokemon from B&W unless it something along the lines of Kyurem splitting into 2 different pokemon. Tbh I havent got a clue what im on about with this one

- The stories obviously going to revolve around Kyurem with you prob getting access to a different morphs depending on which version you play, dont know how they're going to tie 2 different forms into the same game like they've done with every previous generation (minus red and blue)

So come on guys speculate

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since its black and white 2, I assume a direct sequel. Same player character, maybe different starters or a way to load your b/w save and start with everything you had from b/w1. (probably not but would be cool.) I also assume it'll be in the same region but with new areas. You'll be able to visit old areas, but to start you'll be in a whole new place. They'll probably regurgitate the same pokemon but either add more new or just mix in more from old gens.
Just my thoughts on it. I do wish it was for 3ds though. They're putting it out pretty quickly after b/w1, so I understand a totally new 3d one would take longer. It would be nice to see an actual game in 3d (no, rumble blast doesn't count imho.) after getting a taste of how cool they can look from pokedex 3d though.

Reactions: 1 person

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'd like more story, more pokemon, especially new evolutions and new areas to explore.. 8)

Jut like Vampire Lied I assume it's a direct sequel with the same player characters, and I'm so glad it's not for the 3DS, as I have none. ;>

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
My bet is you start by choosing a boy or a girl, then you get one Pokemon.

After that you get more Pokemon, and then you level grind and level grind and level grind and level grind and level grind and level grind and level grind and level grind and grind and level grind and level grind and level grind and level grind and level grind and level grind and level grind and grind and level grind and level grind and level grind and level grind and level grind and level grind and level grind and grind and level grind and level grind and level grind and level grind and level grind and level grind and level grind and level grind.

That's my guess, at least.

Reactions: 5 people

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm expecting that I'll have to make another choice on which game to play. And I'm also expecting an influx of Pokenoobs asking for r0mz when it's scene released.

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VS Seeker.

Pokemon following you.

More plot/more motivation to bother with the post-game.

And give Tynamo a higher encounter rate! :P

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I hope the game has something cool where the second game can, via IR or something, read the first game's data and change the game according to what you've done in the first game. Like, say, if you beat the entire league, then the Pokemon Master you fight is your character from the first game, with the team you had on the first game the last time you saved.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know. Hopefully a decent story, maybe a mention of the Sinnoh Region, or possibly (probably won't happen) being able to explore both Unova and Sinnoh.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly not much. Im kinda confused. The new games have new regions. So a sequel, i feel like, would be in the same region... Which is dumb but i dont know what to think.

Byronic Hero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like the trainers to have movement animations like in Platinum, they just give them so much more of a personality.

Also, whoever thought up Pokemon fusion (IE not just Pokesex in day care) has my full support. DO IT NINTENDO!

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHAT IF
It's actually a sequel
So like, put in one game card, boot it up, eject it while playing, insert B/W2, transfer all your Pokemon..
We know cardswapping leaves the save intact, so.. Why not?

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as it has an expected release date which is quite soon, and the regional release gap is also quite small (from what I have read), I have to assume that it will use quite a bit of material from B & W (Areas, Towns, blah blah blah), or has been in development for quite some time and the whole thing has just been kept really hushed.

If it is the first, expect a direct sequal based in the same area but has some changes that occured in the zone over time. Think of Kanto in G & S. If it is the latter, then we might get something with another region thrown in for good measure, again like Kanto in G & S, but the main/first part of the story would likely occur in the B & W region..

There seems to be quite a bit of expectation for some sort of save-date link between the 2. I am personally hoping that a previous save will bring in direct references to the character of B & W during conversations ("Oh yes, I remember when Pat came into town a few years ago and challenged our Gym Leader!") or might even be brought in as a final challenge trainer at the end of the game, like Red in G & S. That would be pretty neat, it would've helped with G & S since those who played Red and Blue could have actually fought there old Rival directly and there old character instead of fighting 'Red' and 'Blue'

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as it has an expected release date which is quite soon, and the regional release gap is also quite small (from what I have read), I have to assume that it will use quite a bit of material from B & W (Areas, Towns, blah blah blah), or has been in development for quite some time and the whole thing has just been kept really hushed.
Not necessarily, nobody liked B/W. Maybe they weren't done all the way because at the same time they'd been developing B/W2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom