Hacking What do you do with your modded 360?

chaisea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like it really doesn't have a lot of it after it's modded. I guess the native-ish backwards compatibility with Xbox is one thing and ofc the 360 library, but I don't know a lot of exclusives that make it worth it. Linux is fun, but not a lot of programs are ported to PowerPC anyways so it's not very useful. Emulators seem meh for the console. So what do you use your modded 360 for? Do you use it? Do you think there still is a use for it?

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Non backwards compatible retail/digital

If I decided to get a RGH I'd mostly only use it for unreleased/beta/promo and mainly Japanese titles. I'm not the normal person though, and if I wasn't big into MS wouldn't probably care. 360 is my third most played console this year behind Xbox One and PC, and I use it more or less with legit discs and occasionally stuff from my burned discs.

D

Deleted User

Non backwards compatible retail/digital

If I decided to get a RGH I'd mostly only use it for unreleased/beta/promo and mainly Japanese titles. I'm not the normal person though, and if I wasn't big into MS wouldn't probably care. 360 is my third most played console this year behind Xbox One and PC, and I use it more or less with legit discs and occasionally stuff from my burned discs.

Xbox classic games
Xbox 360 games
XBLA games
DLC
Emulators (Some Xbox classic emulators run)
Homebrew
Cheat online - Stealth etc

All in all the 360 RGH/JTAG is still awesome to this day

I still get them in to mod on a regular basis - Doing 3 right now

Last edited by ,

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xbox classic games
Xbox 360 games
XBLA games
DLC
Emulators (Some Xbox classic emulators run)
Cheat online - Stealth etc

All in all the 360 RGH/JTAG is still awesome to this day

I get them in to mod to this day on a regular basis
Emulation is a bit of a bummer, kind of want a new OG for the few games I really enjoy that are BC officially
Save for a handful of JPN locked titles, that's fine
I own hundreds
See above
Emulation on a Xbox/Xbox 360 is really a non starter if you own a Wii or better a Wii U
Why I kind of want every stealth server to quit so Xbox Live on the 360/BC is legit playable.

Last edited by lisreal2401,
D

Deleted User

Emulation is a bit of a bummer, kind of want a new OG for the few games I really enjoy that are BC officially
Save for a handful of JPN locked titles, that's fine
I own hundreds
See above
Emulation on a Xbox/Xbox 360 is really a non starter if you own a Wii or better a Wii U
Why I kind of want every stealth server to quit so Xbox Live on the 360/BC is legit playable.

Emulation is awesome on 360 compared to wii - Try 3rd strike on wii and see for yourself - excluding GC of course - Retroarch does suck on 360 but you can find stand alone versions

And real close to xbox classic if not better - N64 is the only difference and honestly its not that good on Xbox classic

Very good results here

Also, most my oG xbox classic titles run

Hope that answers your questions

As far as stealth I never was into that kinda stuff but I do setup for customers who rarely ask nowadays

Most common systems asked for from my clients:
nes
snes
gameboy
gameboy color
gameboy advanced
n64

sega game gear
sega master system
seg genesis
sega cd
32x
dreamcast - runs crappy

ps1

fba
mame

xbox classic

Last edited by ,

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emulation is awesome on 360 compared to wii - Try 3rd strike on wii and see for yourself - Retroarch does suck on 360 but you can find stand alone versions

And real close to xbox classic if not better - N64 is the only difference and honestly its not that good on Xbox classic

Very good results here

Also, most my oG xbox classic titles run

Hope that answers your questions
I'd rather have full hardware GameCube compatibility than like eight CPS-3 games that have Dreamcast ports I can play. That and, the Wii has better controller options out of the box.

And yes, OG Xbox titles "run" though very questionably. I can't play THPS4 without random framerate drops or THPS3 without literally turning the console to 480p and swapping when I'm done. It's good stuff on the "it's possible" kind of view but in terms of playing OG Xbox I'd put the 360 as a last resort with XBO or the OG being preferable.

D

Deleted User

I'd rather have full hardware GameCube compatibility than like eight CPS-3 games that have Dreamcast ports I can play. That and, the Wii has better controller options out of the box.

And yes, OG Xbox titles "run" though very questionably. I can't play THPS4 without random framerate drops or THPS3 without literally turning the console to 480p and swapping when I'm done. It's good stuff on the "it's possible" kind of view but in terms of playing OG Xbox I'd put the 360 as a last resort with XBO or the real thing being preferable.

Wii controller compared to 360 controller is a joke for emulation - So not sure what you mean there - You will need to buy extra hardware to emulate consoles with more than a few buttons

Also, wii res is so low even with adapters

Wii cant do xbox so that's the give n take between gamecube

All in all 360 is more powerful

The choice is there to make

Last edited by ,

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mostly just games and out of region games. Nice to have all the games on the hdd without needing discs as well. Could have just bought digital, but the digital prices were a joke compared to retail in the uk.

These days not much, my jtag falcon just sits there a collects dust and my rgh slim is still in it's box, never used except for me testing it.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mostly just games and out of region games. Nice to have all the games on the hdd without needing discs as well. Could have just bought digital, but the digital prices were a joke compared to retail in the uk.

These days not much, my jtag falcon just sits there a collects dust and my rgh slim is still in it's box, never used except for me testing it.

I hear ya, man. I don't play any of my 360s (2 jtags and 1 flashed). I don't think I ever really played them except for tales of vesperia and braid, which I beat. in fact, I never really played my ps3, vita, ps4, or 3ds. I was more interested in learning about how the system worked and testing than I was about the games. that's why I've decided to go legit with the switch. I figured that I wouldn't play any games if I were to hack it.

I still do some reading, but I never do any testing anymore. it just takes too much time.

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine has 1TB internal HDD, full of dance stage and rock band content. A modded console is always good for when content licenses expire and they’ve been removed from store fronts. Mine sits there for when the family come over. Has around 150 games original Xbox and Xbox 360 content. I own quite a lot of physicals and the fact I don’t have to put the disc in each time is great too.

My PS3 is the same too.

chaisea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm definitely planning on using mine as a Guitar Hero machine, too. Are there any games or anything y'all would suggest to play? Out of region or otherwise. I love games with interesting design, story too, arcade even, slice of life if that even exists on the X360 (Animal Crossing alike or other).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm definitely planning on using mine as a Guitar Hero machine, too. Are there any games or anything y'all would suggest to play? Out of region or otherwise. I love games with interesting design, story too, arcade even, slice of life if that even exists on the X360 (Animal Crossing alike or other).

if you like shmups, there are a lot of them that are JP only.

Reactions: chaisea

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
I use mine mainly for playing old games (offline), and libxenon/xell, sometimes I use stealth, most of the effort was put into online modding for profit instead of actually making homebrew, if only some of Wii and GameCube scene gave the 360 a spin....plus info on 360 programming is getting sparse and the people who do know enough about it rather profit from selling mods than to actually write Homebrew, there really isn't open source when it comes to 360 Homebrew imho, you really should buy a jtag/rgh really if you're serious about doing homebrew (libxenon) or actually know what you are doing, if you just want free games just flash your DVD drive or just get an ode, it's kinda pointless to get essentially what is a ghetto retail xdk (devkit) just to play games, as getting an ode or DVD drive cfw can let you do that, minus running homebrew.

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.