Hardware What do you dislike most about the 3DS?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trumpet-205 said:
* Lack of Nintendo headset support. (Now I have to blow in front of 3DS) So can't find a working 3rd party headset?
* Home/Start/Select/D-pad buttons placement. Really? Didn't think that was a issue.
* Rigid shoulder design. Didn't affect me.
* Downgraded touchscreen. (DSis are 3.25 inches yet they went back to 3 inches?) Had to fit other stuff.
* Weird sandwich design. (Nintendo claimed this helps people to open up 3DS, but I don't have problem opening up a DS Lite or DSi XL).
The black make it look aright. Blue some what alright. When you playing you only see one blue from what I seen.
(black around screen, blue controls)

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
trumpet-205 said:
* Lack of Nintendo headset support. (Now I have to blow in front of 3DS) So can't find a working 3rd party headset?
* Home/Start/Select/D-pad buttons placement. Really? Didn't think that was a issue.
* Rigid shoulder design. Didn't affect me.
* Downgraded touchscreen. (DSis are 3.25 inches yet they went back to 3 inches?) Had to fit other stuff.
* Weird sandwich design. (Nintendo claimed this helps people to open up 3DS, but I don't have problem opening up a DS Lite or DSi XL).
The black make it look aright. Blue some what alright. When you playing you only see one blue from what I seen.
(black around screen, blue controls)
When I mean headset, I mean external microphone, which 3DS removes.

http://www.amazon.com/Official-Nintendo-DS...t/dp/B000MXSP2K

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
trumpet-205 said:
When I mean headset, I mean external microphone, which 3DS removes.
I'm saying there no third party one that provide for regular plug?

Sure there be one made just for 3DS for the future.
Regular plug aren't capable of inputting voice, only outputting it. That tip you see on the DS headset is the proprietary port for microphone. Even third party DS headset with microphone had that proprietary port.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wish the 3D effect was better. I'm like the only person who wasn't wowed when I first saw it. But then again, I've never seen a 3D movie before so I don't know what to expect.

rikotan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
*smaller upper screen
(honestly when nintendo announced they're gonna make the screen wider i thought they'll make it literally wider and not smaller-but-a-tiny-bit-wider. WHY.)
*smaller bottom screen
*shiny fugly surface instead of pretty matte one
*camera above upper screen instead on {that thingie that connects upper and bottom, how the hell do you call it} and bigger screen like in DSi
*no white color
*home/start/select/d-pad buttons placement; like that guy above said
*fingerprints sticking all over the surface, i'm gonna spend more time cleaning it than actually playing
*not looking like DSi in general
*REGION LOCK FFS if it ever prevents me from playing a japan-only game i'm gonna rage.

if it wasn't for graphics my DSi would be perfect. 3DS can only become perfect if it's more like DSi. ;_;

Cyan said:
- Camera light sensitivity
- SD Card DRM Lock system !!!
oh and this.

nintendokim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I love my 3ds! Had it for 4 days now....

couple of minor complaints thou:

- battery life could have been a bit better
- also don't see the point with friends list without text chat (hopefully a update will fix it)

9/10

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There have been some worrying posts lately about the 3DS build quality with screens going black, consoles freezing and the buttons and sliders not quite feeling right or operating correctly. The 3DS has a few too many complaints and too higher price for the apparent lack of build quality.

I am usually a Nintendo fan but I think I will wait to see how this one plays out. The NGP is a much sleeker looking handheld. If the NGP has a better build quality and a decent line up it may be worth a change of allegiance.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rikotan said:
*smaller upper screen
(honestly when nintendo announced they're gonna make the screen wider i thought they'll make it literally wider and not smaller-but-a-tiny-bit-wider. WHY.)
*smaller bottom screen
*shiny fugly surface instead of pretty matte one
*camera above upper screen instead on {that thingie that connects upper and bottom, how the hell do you call it} and bigger screen like in DSi
*no white color
*home/start/select/d-pad buttons placement; like that guy above said
*fingerprints sticking all over the surface, i'm gonna spend more time cleaning it than actually playing
*not looking like DSi in general
*REGION LOCK FFS if it ever prevents me from playing a japan-only game i'm gonna rage.

if it wasn't for graphics my DSi would be perfect. 3DS can only become perfect if it's more like DSi. ;_;
So basely you want to look like a dsi, but at the same time be a new gen console underneath?
3DSI?
That a little too much.
laugh.gif

Smaller screen? Bigger screen? Nintendo can't win.
rofl.gif

QUOTE(Mantis41 @ Mar 27 2011, 01:08 PM) There have been some worrying posts lately about the 3DS build quality with screens going black, consoles freezing and the buttons and sliders not quite feeling right or operating correctly. The 3DS has a few too many complaints and too higher price for the apparent lack of build quality.

I am usually a Nintendo fan but I think I will wait to see how this one plays out. The NGP is a much sleeker looking handheld. If the NGP has a better build quality and a decent line up it may be worth a change of allegiance.
Hold on. There only a small few and it not like it Nintendo fault it wasn't made like it was design too.

And then some was actually the game not system.

Buttons? That the first.

Some are nitpicking and some are paranoid. (you)
glare.gif
laugh.gif

Just get it replace.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
KingVamp said:
Smaller screen? Bigger screen? Nintendo can't win.
rofl.gif

I want a bigger smaller screen which can do holographic projection 3D and the case will change colour depending on my mood/prevailing weather conditions, and i want it to play nes/snes/gb/gba cartridges.

Thanks
tongue.gif

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me, or is there no soft reset button? Like with the DSi, you could press the power button and it'd bring you to the DSi's menu. Where with the 3DS I'd launch a game, press Home, launch another game, confirm that I want to quit the other process, and then play it.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Devin said:
Is it just me, or is there no soft reset button? Like with the DSi, you could press the power button and it'd bring you to the DSi's menu. Where with the 3DS I'd launch a game, press Home, launch another game, confirm that I want to quit the other process, and then play it.
Pressing home button works like Soft reset?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually like the positioning of the stylus. The DS Lite's stylus would be constantly pulled out if I played my DS normally. This remedies the problem quite nicely.

I just hate the fact that I don't have any StreetPassers near me.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night