Hacking What do I need to stream PS3 games to a Vita from a PS3?

coolcono

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am intrigued by playing some PS3 RPGS on the Vita through remote play. I would imagine I need a 3.55 CFW.
Does streaming do anything bad to the Vita? IE. ban it because it was streaming with a custom firmware.

Reactions: Darksabre72

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Uh, I don't know how PS3/Vita remote play works, but at least for PS4 remote play on Vita there's not even a need for an internet connection, so long as both devices are already affiliated to the same PSN account they connect just fine.
I'm not sure I see what you are afraid of, can you specify ?

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
To my knowledge yes you would need a 3.55 cfw ps3. There is a cache file that is created when the 2 first connect but I'm unsure what info this file contains outside of account information so there two consoles can link.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, i was wondering why remote play doesn't support like I dunno %95 OF THE PS3 GAMES LIBRARY! Is more confusing of how some games also had support for playing music from the HDD instead of in game. Why the heck do people start something then just forget about it. :glare:

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, i was wondering why remote play doesn't support like I dunno %95 OF THE PS3 GAMES LIBRARY!
Remote Play requires some memory/CPU usage from the game-side (on the PS3 anyways), and no dev wanted to give up that small amount of CPU/memory to make their games remote play compatible, especially when we're talking about a console with 256MB of system RAM. Plus, when remote play was initially launched, it was only for PS1 games since the PSP (which was the only handheld at the time) didn't have the necessary controls for proper play for most games before 2011 when the Vita launched. By then, there was only 2 years until the PS4 released so it wasn't really that big a deal and was mostly forgotten

As to the OP, you need a PS3 on CFW and that's about it. You have to register your Vita to the system, and once that's done you just connect and launch the game with Multiman and it should work as normal. I think there's a guide somewhere on Wololo you can look for. But keep in mind, remote play does require a little bit of CPU and RAM which can cause some games to freeze and stutter a ton. Remote play on the PS3 for PS3 games is nowhere near as stable and nice as it is on the PS4.

Reactions: SonsofOcelot

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remote Play requires some memory/CPU usage from the game-side (on the PS3 anyways), and no dev wanted to give up that small amount of CPU/memory to make their games remote play compatible, especially when we're talking about a console with 256MB of system RAM. Plus, when remote play was initially launched, it was only for PS1 games since the PSP (which was the only handheld at the time) didn't have the necessary controls for proper play for most games before 2011 when the Vita launched. By then, there was only 2 years until the PS4 released so it wasn't really that big a deal and was mostly forgotten

So i mean the ps4 clearly is a better console, but then if remote play is functional on all titles on ps4, then does it mean the devs aren't using all the potential on purpose in favor of remote play compatible games?:unsure:

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
So i mean the ps4 clearly is a better console, but then if remote play is functional on all titles on ps4, then does it mean the devs aren't using all the potential on purpose in favor of remote play compatible games?:unsure:
The PS4's remote play is built more into the OS this time, so it works differently. The PS4 has 1 core and 2-3GB of RAM set aside for it's OS, which should be more than enough for remote play functionality. The PS3 had nowhere near that much extra power for something optional like Remote play.

Not to mention the PS4's hardware is so much more powerful that, even if it didn't have hardware set aside, the performance lost would be completely unnoticeable at best.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la