what destroyed hip hop?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Jpop > It doesn't matter what is in this side of the inequality, the expression makes no sense anyway (fixed)
Jpop better than hip hop??? For real?
Well, I listen to some Jpop so I may sound like a hypocrite... But that thing is not music, that is... bleh... addictive bleh!
Hell, I listen to many Vocaloid based songs, and I consider most of them near to the quality of ultra commercial Jpop. (note: this is not a compliment)

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think rap music went bad once gangsta rap hit the scene. I may have listened to a few rap songs back in the 80's but have an acquired hatred for any rap music now. I'm not racist though, I hate country music just the same.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did someone say K-pop thread?

For some reason I can only associate Kpop with arcades full of kids playing Pump it up (I don't know if that thing still exists anyway)

EDIT: Of course no Germans will appear in this thread because of Murphy's law, but I will leave this open question anyway... Are there arcades in Germany? I kind of miss them... Well, perhaps it is the boring small city I live in, or the fact I am a fucking hermit, but I haven't seen an arcade place.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a theory as to why it has fallen from grace, or rather, how the main stream and those indoctrinated by the main stream represent it. This video features Wise Intelligent from the rap group Poor Righteous Teachers.

Included with this are a few examples as to why Hip-Hop is truly not dead.

Oh and this, watch this, but never mind the end bit that makes Griff look proud and trustful of Obama.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In a lot of ways Hip Hop and Rap destroyed itself. It used to be a method of protest, a part of a civil rights movement against racism and unequal treatment, it spoke of crime, violence and poverty, the struggle of living in ghettos, a cry for change executed through art. Since the gross majority of the issues it touched upon are now resolved and non-existant, it should've adapted to the circumstances. It didn't, rappers are now multimillionaires singing about struggles that don't exist, they ran out of subjects to sing about. Rap is now about make-believe gangsters, struggles they've never experienced and know nothing about, jerking off and/or dissing eachother for no reason, drugs, grinding crotches against butts and discount love - it's crap. It's the pop of pretend gangsters.

Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1