Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kiafazool said:
whats the difference with rpg and ak2i?
other than rpg has internal memory
Take a look at the PCB images, the Acekard 2 is very different from the RPG.

I don't see people keep going on and on about getting Wood to work on the Acekard 2i, there's nothing wrong with AKAIO. From what i've read on here, certain information/ code has been entrusted to Normmatt on the Acekard 2 which enables him to code AKAIO. YWG isn't privelleged to that, especially after porting their OSMenu to the R4,

If you also open up your R4 Ultra, you'll find it looks almost identical to the Acekard 2 and it's they have the same HW ID's.

Random11

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so i have the r4i ultra, and ur saying it cant run akaio, and it cant run any other kernal/firmware then what was given on the r4ultra.com website?
So does that mean were screwed for newer game combatibility?....

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Random11 said:
so i have the r4i ultra, and ur saying it cant run akaio, and it cant run any other kernal/firmware then what was given on the r4ultra.com website?
Yes and its your own fault for not doing any research before buying an r4 branded product.

Random11

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Normmatt said:
Random11 said:
Yes and its your own fault for not doing any research before buying an r4 branded product.

i did some research. And i was only going to get the R4 DS, i went to their site and they lead me to ctrlgames.com which had the proper 6 doller r4 however last minute i desided to go with the r4i just incase i upgrade to a dsi later... i just assumed it was the newer model. I guess i was wrong.

Is there a way to patch the roms so they work with what i have??

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Random11 said:
Normmatt said:
Random11 said:

i did some research. And i was only going to get the R4 DS, i went to their site and they lead me to ctrlgames.com which had the proper 6 doller r4 however last minute i desided to go with the r4i just incase i upgrade to a dsi later... i just assumed it was the newer model. I guess i was wrong.

You just admitted you didn't do much if any research, R4's are useless these days and all clones get one maybe two updates and that's all.
so your choice of R4 over Acekard2i/DSTTi/SCDS1i/SCDS2/EDGEi/EZVi effectively made you waste your money.

Random11

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Normmatt said:
Random11 said:
Normmatt said:
Random11 said:

You just admitted you didn't do much if any research, R4's are useless these days and all clones get one maybe two updates and that's all.
so your choice of R4 over Acekard2i/DSTTi/SCDS1i/SCDS2/EDGEi/EZVi effectively made you waste your money.

if u dont have anything constructive to solve my problem dont say it. it wastes space. if people can make other kernels and firmware for acekard then they can do it for what i have... the question is what needs to be done to make it work. for example how do they add suport for those files.

i dont care if u think i wasted my money or didnt do enough reseach or w.e the &@*% you think justifies your waste of space on the server, but unless it has to do with fixing the problem (asside from buying a new card) shut up

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Random11 said:
if people can make other kernels and firmware for acekard then they can do it for what i have
Can they really, that sounds like a demand. Why exactly would they want to? It's a little late to complain that your card has no support, you should have researched it before you brought it.

QUOTE(Random11 @ Jul 25 2010, 09:03 PM) i dont care if u think i wasted my money or didnt do enough reseach or w.e the &@*% you think justifies your waste of space on the server, but unless it has to do with fixing the problem (asside from buying a new card) shut up
No one is really going to care.

kiafazool

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
tk_saturn said:
Random11 said:
if people can make other kernels and firmware for acekard then they can do it for what i have
Can they really, that sounds like a demand. Why exactly would they want to? It's a little late to complain that your card has no support, you should have researched it before you brought it.

QUOTE(Random11 @ Jul 25 2010, 09:03 PM) i dont care if u think i wasted my money or didnt do enough reseach or w.e the &@*% you think justifies your waste of space on the server, but unless it has to do with fixing the problem (asside from buying a new card) shut up
No one is really going to care.
.....................backup for normmatt.................................... (i second that)

anyways
do what pharoah said
but a ak2i
thats what i did
i was wrong to buy a r4ultra

Random11

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes i have already bought an acekard 2i earlier today... i just want to see if this is saveable or if it is stuck playing older games. I dont see it being too hard to add combatibility to it.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Random11 said:
if u dont have anything constructive to solve my problem dont say it. it wastes space. if people can make other kernels and firmware for acekard then they can do it for what i have...

Then surely this thread about R4Ultra is a waste of space...

No one is going to bother making a new kernel for this card... You buy a cheap card, and expect others to waste their time keeping it alive for you... Perhaps you expect a bit too much...

Outrager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Random11 said:
yes i have already bought an acekard 2i earlier today... i just want to see if this is saveable or if it is stuck playing older games. I dont see it being too hard to add combatibility to it.
"if u dont have anything constructive to solve my problem dont say it. it wastes space."
Do you have enough experience writing flashcard firmwares to say if it's easy or not? Do you have some sort of proof? How is just saying something isn't hard constructive?

kiafazool

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Schizoanalysis said:
Random11 said:
if u dont have anything constructive to solve my problem dont say it. it wastes space. if people can make other kernels and firmware for acekard then they can do it for what i have...

Then surely this thread about R4Ultra is a waste of space...

No one is going to bother making a new kernel for this card... You buy a cheap card, and expect others to waste their time keeping it alive for you... Perhaps you expect a bit too much...
thats soo true

and i found a crack of akaio that is able to run all loaders including the latest 1.7.1 and the loaders
it boots my r4ultra straight into ysmenu and then when loading a game it uses akaio's loaders to load the game
im not giving this crack to anyone
my r4ultra can run the latest games and cheats with ease but i have an acekard2i
so im gonna let my r4ultra rust to death as revenge for idiots who created stupid clones instead of just combining their knowledge with other flash cart teams to help them with software and hardware problems and kick nintendo's a** for making the games so damn expensive no one can afford....................................

(dont flame me)

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Well damn. Do the research. XD

I know I didn't do much research, since I was wanted a cheap product, and I was set on getting an R4..... But at least I did enough research to know not to get anything like R4i or R4 Ultra or whatever.

mellow.gif
This makes me glad and relieved that it turned out my R4 is either an original or a 1:1 clone that can run Wood R4.

Also, how can it use AKAIO loaders if it boots YSmenu?! That's fucking impossible unless you've literally hacked AKAIO to work on R4 clones and hacked YSmenu to use AKAIO as the loader! And I don't think either of those are open source!

Random11

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:

if others havent made a kernel thats fine, i dont need a whole new kernel. I just wanna know how to add suport for new games, I dont know how the kernel for acekard is made but i asume they dont redisign the whole kernel just for some game compatibity. Again i dont knwo but i would assume they just have to tell the kernel how to get around the securety... basically patching it. So in that respect i dont think that would be to hard.

I would do it but i dont know how the thing works. I am in a software engineering course so i know programming and stuff but i just wanna know if my previous assumtionsa are right and its basically patching the roms.

kiafazool said:
my r4ultra can run the latest games and cheats with ease

ok so you say it is is possible... if youve done it then surly i or someone else could.

Do you have enough experience writing flashcard firmwares to say if it's easy or not? Do you have some sort of proof? How is just saying something isn't hard constructive?

this doesnt need firm ware updates as far as i can tell its just kerel updates that add suport for new games. I never said writing firmware was easy either, please read carfully. I said adding suport for new games cant be that hard. I could be wrong, it would depend on how they do it.

but i see no one seems to want to help fix this. w.e. like i said i baught a new card, this was just a pet project to see if i could make it work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/zzu0VHzy7tU?si=V2sI-JSptJg0SWmC