Hacking What CFW for 2ds.

ac3ds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting a 2ds and I heard it will be on firmware 6.0. But I don't know what CFW to use all I want to do is install cias on to emunand (obviously). But I am looking for whatever is the fastest and easiest to install.
Also is it a possible my 2ds will come on something above a cfw compatible firmware?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am getting a 2ds and I heard it will be on firmware 6.0. But I don't know what CFW to use all I want to do is install cias on to emunand (obviously). But I am looking for whatever is the fastest and easiest to install.
The obvious choice for old3DS/2DS is rxTools, there's no comparison between it and the competition.

Also is it a possible my 2ds will come on something above a cfw compatible firmware?
It's possible, but incredibly unlikely.

If it did come with 9.3+, you'd be the first person here to report it.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'll tell you the best thing you can do:
*Create a NAND Backup and copy it to your computet.
*Install emunand
*Install rxTools
*Inject FBI and install sysupdater
*Use sysupdater in DEV MODE to update system nand to 9.2
*Set up autoboot themehax + autoboot rxTools
*Update emunand to 10.1 using system settings update feature

With all these things you'll be able to launch rxTools into emunand from coldboot, just by powering up your 2DS.

Tutorial to set up rxTools: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

I have done all this, here is a little video that shows the end results:

Last edited by Tony_93, , Reason: Additional information added.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny