Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Austria
Hey everyone.

So I've decided to walk down the golden path of flashcard and custom fw.
I've seen that most folks get their cards from nsd-card com which is fine for me.
But the "R4i GOLD RTS" is out of stock.
What would be the next best option? I'd love to use the flashcard for DS games once I've got my custom fw setup.
What does RTS stand for, anyway?
Should/could I get one of these R4i Gold 3DS Plus // R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS for New 3DS instead?
I'm on 11.6.0-39E on a New3DS XL

Thanks in advance :)

Reactions: THYPLEX

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really, a 10$ card is enough for all of that? CFW for 3ds games as well as being able to flash it back and use it for DS games?
Color me impressed...
its not often recommended as people claim it has a "timebomb" that will render the card useless in a 3ds if its calendar is beyond a cretin date (September 3, 2019) there are workarounds . . .
... here is what 3ds.guide has to say about it "Note that carts with a “Time Bomb” will no longer be able to launch .ndsfiles when they detect that the system clock has passed a date determined by the flashcart firmware. One method to bypass this is to set the system clock to an earlier date."

Reactions: THYPLEX

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The extra $10 for not having to mess with the system clock is worth it in my opinion, but it's the OP's money...
correct but how is he to flash ntrboot to the ak2i when the ak2i wont boot in vanilla 11.6 . . . the op would end up needing a dsi or a dslite ect to flash it

Reactions: VVLV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The R4i Gold 3DS RTS (by r4ids.cn) is no longer in production. The cart has been replaced with a successor model, the R4i Gold 3DS Plus, which does everything the old one does with the addition of a NTRBoot preinstalled on a secondary NAND.
https://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575
RTS stands for 'Real Time Save', which means the cart is capable of using the 3DS internal clock for 24-hr games like Pokemon Black & White.

VVLV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Austria
The R4i Gold 3DS RTS (by r4ids.cn) is no longer in production. The cart has been replaced with a successor model, the R4i Gold 3DS Plus, which does everything the old one does with the addition of a NTRBoot preinstalled on a secondary NAND.

RTS stands for 'Real Time Save', which means the cart is capable of using the 3DS internal clock for 24-hr games like Pokemon Black & White.

Went for that one. Thank you.

And thanks to everyone else for their input. Since this card is supposedly preflashed, I think it's a good choice.
This is exciting, last time I f'ed with flash cards was for the GBA ^^

Last edited by VVLV,

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia

real time save, actually means exactly that, that it will save your game exactly where it is, even without the games save feature, it will dump that games memory to a save file, and then you can load the memory to resume it

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
real time save, actually means exactly that, that it will save your game exactly where it is, even without the games save feature, it will dump that games memory to a save file, and then you can load the memory to resume it

Thank you for correcting me. Back in the GBA flashcart days, RTS was not a fancy form of save state but an actual capability of saving games based on real clock, night and day play. I didn't know these R4i cards had this feature, had to go look it up, and then test it out on a nds game. Seeing is believing.

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you for correcting me. Back in the GBA flashcart days, RTS was not a fancy form of save state but an actual capability of saving games based on real clock, night and day play. I didn't know these R4i cards had this feature, had to go look it up, and then test it out on a nds game.
the RTx you are thinking of, is the in the GBx and GBA era of RTC (Real Time Clock)

Mark2333

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone.

So I've decided to walk down the golden path of flashcard and custom fw.
I've seen that most folks get their cards from nsd-card com which is fine for me.
But the "R4i GOLD RTS" is out of stock.
What would be the next best option? I'd love to use the flashcard for DS games once I've got my custom fw setup.
What does RTS stand for, anyway?
Should/could I get one of these R4i Gold 3DS Plus // R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS for New 3DS instead?
I'm on 11.6.0-39E on a New3DS XL

Thanks in advance :)
If CFW is already made, then just buy the cheapest ds flashcard Ace3ds plus.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs