What can i use my Xbox One for??

Akumara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
With Dev Mode im assuming i can run games up to ps1 (but no go for wii/gc/ or ps2) with retroarch
What else can I do with it? most games are going S or X only, so the catalog of XboxOne games are becoming slim.
Any other cool things can I do, before I decide to sell it?

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I presume this is the original Xbone and not the S?

Off the top of my head:
1) Multimedia player (Kodi, Plex, Netflix, CD/DVD/BD)
2) Kinect games (yes I know you said "cool", but it's still something the Series S/X consoles can't do)
3) Maybe keep for something 'throw away' e.g. young family members visiting
4) Watch TV via the OTA adapter (unless they removed support)

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With Dev Mode im assuming i can run games up to ps1 (but no go for wii/gc/ or ps2) with retroarch
What else can I do with it? most games are going S or X only, so the catalog of XboxOne games are becoming slim.
Any other cool things can I do, before I decide to sell it?
My Xbox one is a device smartifier

I use it to add media and easy game “suspending” to things like my Nintendo switch.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will you please explain this to me. I Am curious and i don't understand what you mean.
Of course! I had a feeling I explained it poorly ha

the Xbox one and Xbox one x(if you want UHD features) have an HDMI in port that can be accessed right from their built in tv tuner app. Despite the name it doesn’t need to be a cable box any HDMI device will display through it

So I have an hdmi splitter going into it, with my switch and PS3. This allows me to just open the tv tuner app on my Xbox (either with controller or even my smart home devices like Google home) to view whatever my HDMI switch is set too. While still having full access to my Xbox at the same time. I can pause my ps3 or switch game. Go to Spotify or even YouTube, and swap back to my game no problem.

Bonus points background audio still works too so I can even play Spotify while still getting audio from the HDMI in. While also still being able to “mix” the Spotify audio from the Xbox guide menu so you can adjust the audio however you want. Want more game audio and just slight background music ? Just adjust the slider!

Hopefully that makes a bit more sense I feel like it’s a bit of a ramble ha. But if it is feel free to ask me to elaborate further I don’t mind :)
Post automatically merged:

Of course! I had a feeling I explained it poorly ha

the Xbox one and Xbox one x(if you want UHD features) have an HDMI in port that can be accessed right from their built in tv tuner app. Despite the name it doesn’t need to be a cable box any HDMI device will display through it

So I have an hdmi splitter going into it, with my switch and PS3. This allows me to just open the tv tuner app on my Xbox (either with controller or even my smart home devices like Google home) to view whatever my HDMI switch is set too. While still having full access to my Xbox at the same time. I can pause my ps3 or switch game. Go to Spotify or even YouTube, and swap back to my game no problem.

Bonus points background audio still works too so I can even play Spotify while still getting audio from the HDMI in. While also still being able to “mix” the Spotify audio from the Xbox guide menu so you can adjust the audio however you want. Want more game audio and just slight background music ? Just adjust the slider!

Hopefully that makes a bit more sense I feel like it’s a bit of a ramble ha. But if it is feel free to ask me to elaborate further I don’t mind :)
Another use case example. Stuck in Metroid? Just hit the Xbox guide button real fast, swap to YouTube, and go right back to the tv tuner app(your switch) and finish that level like you never even left all while still being able to use your nice TV :)

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dragon Ball Z for Kinect was a fun game, but it got a lot of flack for being a Kinect game. If you're a fan, check it out.

JasonT2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget you have the entire backwards compatible library from the 360 and OG Xbox available. Won't get the enhancements of the series but its a convenient way to play the games nonetheless.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol