what can i do with a gateway card

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by fikatr, Apr 29, 2016.

1. fikatr
    OP

fikatr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2016
    Turkey
    next to smea
    i got a gateway from a stranger for really cheap what can i do with it

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    it's yours. you can do pretty much what you want. i will not care if you lick it, use it as a spoon to eat yogurt, or if you put a string on it and use as car air freshner
    but be carefull if you plan to build an atomic bomb with a gatewait and itunes, its illegal, dangerous and violates apple TOS..

well, do you have an exploit? what 3ds firmware and hax you got?
    gatewait only's use now is ability to launch .3ds roms on a micro sd card (if you for whatever reason would like to use a secondary micro sd card and .3ds files
    and it's cheat's plugin..
    nowadays we got cfw and can do pretty much almost anything without a getaway card

3. Phemeto

Phemeto GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2016
    United States
    Well if you don't have CFW installed, I believe you can use it to boot Cubic Ninja and start the process of downgrading your system and putting on CFW

4. Davidosky99

Davidosky99 Eevee :3

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    Throw it away. Now seriously, you should download a cubic ninja .3ds set up an emunand on the sd card(not gateway sd) and then follow the procedures to install a9lh+luma3ds by pailect's guide

5. fikatr
    OP

fikatr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2016
    Turkey
    next to smea
    i already have cfw and sky3ds+ but i cant said no to that price

6. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    What CFW are you running? If it's A9LH Just sit on it until Gateway releases support for it, granted you'll be sitting on it for a very long time.

7. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    You can use it to run .3DS Roms. If you prefer to use CIAs for games you play often, I would still recommend Gateway for playing ROM hacks. There's also the cheat feature, if that interests you. It works on .3DS Roms and CIAs (provided you booted into Gateway mode).

You're both thinking Sky 3DS. In order to use Gateway in the first place, you'll already have to have downgraded. To access the HB menu, there's Yellows8's Homebrew Launcher. Just install the cia. There's no point in using Gateway to run Cubic Ninja unless you actually want to play the game (and I've heard it's not that good of a game).

8. zhdarkstar

zhdarkstar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
  9. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    so sell it for a little more than you paid and you know . . . profit the old fashion way
    edit: . . . or set up the gateway and sell the sky for a bigger profit

Last edited by wormdood, Apr 29, 2016
  10. Jiro2

Jiro2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 28, 2011
    United States
    Two separate people suggested using the Gateway to boot Cubic Ninja. This is stupid. You can use a Sky3DS to boot Cubic Ninja. In order to use a Gateway to boot Cubic Ninja, you need to already have an exploit to run the Gateway, and if you already have an exploit you won't need the Cubic Ninja (and running it that way doesn't help anyway).

Downgrade to 9.2 (assuming you can), install Menuhax, and have the Menuhax boot the GW.3dsx. If you also want custom firmware, use a boot manager that chooses between GW.3dsx and the custom firmware's .3dsx.

wormdood likes this.