Hacking What can I do on CECH-4205 device?

WooHyun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a PS3 super slim, no backwards compatibility, no exploitable firmware(as long as I know) and no downgrade. I heard that only thing I can do with this device is install cobra ode, but I'm not really sure what cobra ode can do for me.
I know that I cannot run PS2 discs/isos with cobra ode since my PS3 is not backwards compatible and I have to use custom PS2 classics, but I'm not sure about what that does and about PSX games.

1. Can I play custom PS2 classics on my super slim PS3?
2. Can I inject any(compatible) PS2 games by myself and play it as custom PS2 classic, regardless of region?(Can I get any "AMERICAN" PS2 iso, inject it to make PS2 classic, play it on my "KOREAN" PS3?)
3. Can I play PSX games on my PS3 without region lock?

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
The only way you can play backups on your PS3 is by using ODE.
No CFW has been released for 3k and 4k yet (and some 2k5).
And since there are no PS2 homebrew for ODE, you cannot play custom PS2 backup.
You can play PS1 backup on your PS3 by using ODE, but it's region locked (that Cobra ODE, i don't know about any other ODEs)
If you're on 4.80, you can use Cobra ODE 5.20c.

Or you can sell your PS3 and find a CFW enabled PS3.

Reactions: WooHyun

WooHyun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You can play PS1 backup on your PS3 by using ODE, but it's region locked (that Cobra ODE, i don't know about any other ODEs)

Or you can sell your PS3 and find a CFW enabled PS3.
Well, that equals to nothing, since there are no Korean PSX games:( Thanks for your reply. I guess I should get a PS2 to play PS2 games, since they are so cheap.

Reactions: hyprskllz

Pienkaito

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

What are the benefits of Cobra compared to CFW? I am getting my Cobra soon(tm) but I haven't researched, what kind of CFWs are out there.

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
What are the benefits of Cobra compared to CFW? I am getting my Cobra soon(tm) but I haven't researched, what kind of CFWs are out there.
No benefits to be honest, except those can enable some 2k5, 3k, and 4k PS3s to use backups.
CFW enabled PS3s can do much more than an ODE enabled PS3s, like some PSN games cannot be cracked by Cobra, but can be played by CFWs. Trust me you better off find a CFW PS3 if you can, unless you already have a PS3 that cannot install CFW.
I myself doesn't have CFW, but there are many out there, with Rebug is the best one. :)

Pienkaito

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
No benefits to be honest, except those can enable some 2k5, 3k, and 4k PS3s to use backups.
CFW enabled PS3s can do much more than an ODE enabled PS3s, like some PSN games cannot be cracked by Cobra, but can be played by CFWs. Trust me you better off find a CFW PS3 if you can, unless you already have a PS3 that cannot install CFW.
I myself doesn't have CFW, but there are many out there, with Rebug is the best one. :)

In that case, it's not possible to say put CFW on an ODE enabled PS3s? I should check which PSN games won't work on Cobra.
I hate honestly hate the Cobra ODE. I would rather have a PS3 with downgradeable FW, but they are hard to get here.
The documentation/instructions are totally unorganized and not user-friendly. I have the 5.20c and I can't seem to find any instructions for it on their website.
I had to search in Google for videos and forum posts to actually understand how to solder the QSB and even then they are very vague. There's even zero info about the included EMU-USB-QSB chip.

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
In that case, it's not possible to say put CFW on an ODE enabled PS3s? I should check which PSN games won't work on Cobra.
I hate honestly hate the Cobra ODE. I would rather have a PS3 with downgradeable FW, but they are hard to get here.
The documentation/instructions are totally unorganized and not user-friendly. I have the 5.20c and I can't seem to find any instructions for it on their website.
I had to search in Google for videos and forum posts to actually understand how to solder the QSB and even then they are very vague. There's even zero info about the included EMU-USB-QSB chip.
No, it's not possible, though you can put an ODE into a CFW PS3.
Yeah, the hackable PS3 are not in production anymore, so you're stuck in getting secondhand one if you want a CFW.
There's an installation manual on their downloads section which includes 5.20c.
Try asking on maxcon forum if you have question regarding installation. I can't help you about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I really need to dig out my USB Wii sensor bar and experiment with Wii emulation and synching...