What can flash nand.bin to sysnand

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by funnystory, Jan 15, 2016.

1. funnystory
    OP

funnystory Banned

Banned
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    Is there a program I can use to flash nand.bin to my system so I can avoid updating to 10.3 and downgrading for a 3rd time. Im getting the silly update nag and it is driving me crazy.

2. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    The only ways to flash a NAND.BIN is to be in a functional 9.2 (or lower) and use the Gateway menuto reflash it or use a Hardmod and inject it straight into the nand.

There is no magic program that flashes a NAND.BIN without a hassle, it would be way to easy for everybody don't you think? :D

3. funnystory
    OP

funnystory Banned

Banned
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    I have access to themehax so I can still load apps. I can inject my nand.bin into my emunand so I would like to imagine theres an app that can flash it in the same manner.

4. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Use GW.3dsx to launch the Gateway menu and use that to reflash the nann.bin

5. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Jan 15, 2016
  6. kiwiis

kiwiis キウィイス

Sep 8, 2015
    If your issue is the update nag then use https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Recovery_Mode to delete it and put fake APs on your SysNAND or use Tubehax so you don't get them again. Also please use Google and stop making new threads for every question you have:P

7. CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
  8. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Ah, I wasn't sure about that one since I only used it once, but I thought it was worth a shout out. 50% I was wrong, 50% I was right, turns out I was wrong and that's ok.

CrispyYoshi likes this.
  9. escherbach

escherbach GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2013
    Just for clarity, if you downgrade to 9.2 via any of the current hack methods, then you can restore any previous sysnand backup file you made via the gateway menu (gateway card NOT required). You need to copy the sysnand backup file to the root of your sd card and make sure it is called NAND.BIN. Then launch the gateway menu from your 3ds browser via url go.gateway-3ds.com (edit: make sure you copy launcher.dat to the root of your sd card first, available from gateway downloads in the gateway ultra .zip file), select the "downgrade" icon (last icon on rhs) by holding down "up" on the d-pad while pressing A. You'll then have the option to press START to do the sysnand flash (or b to cancel). Takes a couple of minutes, make sure your battery is well charged.

For people who are not bricked and have a sysnand backup file - there is currently no need for a hardmod to restore your sysnand (until nintendo update beyond 10.3 firmware)

Last edited by escherbach, Jan 15, 2016