funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a program I can use to flash nand.bin to my system so I can avoid updating to 10.3 and downgrading for a 3rd time. Im getting the silly update nag and it is driving me crazy.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only ways to flash a NAND.BIN is to be in a functional 9.2 (or lower) and use the Gateway menuto reflash it or use a Hardmod and inject it straight into the nand.

There is no magic program that flashes a NAND.BIN without a hassle, it would be way to easy for everybody don't you think? :D

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only ways to flash a NAND.BIN is to be in a functional 9.2 (or lower) and use the Gateway menuto reflash it or use a Hardmod and inject it straight into the nand.

There is no magic program that flashes a NAND.BIN without a hassle, it would be way to easy for everybody don't you think? :D

I have access to themehax so I can still load apps. I can inject my nand.bin into my emunand so I would like to imagine theres an app that can flash it in the same manner.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Last edited by The Catboy,

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Actually, EmuNAND9 doesn't let you flash NAND.bin to sysnand. I think the developer might've done that intentionally, but I can't say for sure.

There's always Gateway Menu, though.
Ah, I wasn't sure about that one since I only used it once, but I thought it was worth a shout out. 50% I was wrong, 50% I was right, turns out I was wrong and that's ok.

Reactions: CrispyYoshi

escherbach

Trophies
XP
Country
Just for clarity, if you downgrade to 9.2 via any of the current hack methods, then you can restore any previous sysnand backup file you made via the gateway menu (gateway card NOT required). You need to copy the sysnand backup file to the root of your sd card and make sure it is called NAND.BIN. Then launch the gateway menu from your 3ds browser via url go.gateway-3ds.com (edit: make sure you copy launcher.dat to the root of your sd card first, available from gateway downloads in the gateway ultra .zip file), select the "downgrade" icon (last icon on rhs) by holding down "up" on the d-pad while pressing A. You'll then have the option to press START to do the sysnand flash (or b to cancel). Takes a couple of minutes, make sure your battery is well charged.

For people who are not bricked and have a sysnand backup file - there is currently no need for a hardmod to restore your sysnand (until nintendo update beyond 10.3 firmware)

Last edited by escherbach,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol