What are your favorite games?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Mr. Looigi, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Mr. Looigi
    OP

Mr. Looigi Yes and no

Aug 8, 2018
    United States
    Looigi's Mansion
    What are your favorite games/series from any time on any platform and why?

2. mathew77
    This message by mathew77 has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Mar 6, 2019, Reason: Not EoF.
    Mar 5, 2019
  3. Chary

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Senior Editor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Animal Crossing, (GameCube or 3DS specifically) because it’s so relaxing. You get to decorate your own house, explore your town, become friends with the cute animals. It’s great.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Sky. I just love the gameplay in this. There’s actually some decent tactical gameplay in regards to some of the later dungeons and bosses, and the story still gets me every time.

Danganronpa, (Probably 2, specifically) it’s just ace attorney but with anime kids murdering each other. Lol. It’s ridiculous, and over the top, but the characters are what make it worth playing. Plus dat music.

Persona (4) again, a very character driven game. You get an interesting cast and solid JRPG goodness, all tied up in a fun little bundle.

Sonic (3) because it’s Sonic 3, man. Top tier level design, multiple paths that can even vary on which character you’re playing as, tons of replayability, and it’s just pure fun. Absolutely fun.

4. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBAtemp allows me to be here

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Hello.:)

Tomb Raider (PC + PSX) - the first real 3D game for me, it costs me many hours of my life :wacko: the series have ups and downs but i´m a fan until today.

Resident Evil (PSX/PS2/Gamecube/Wii/PC) - costs me many,many of my nerves and hundreds of hours of my life.:wacko: this series have for me no weak part i like it all until today.

Baphomets Fluch - Broken Sword (PSX/PS2/XBOX/PC) - yeah,i love adventures and this series i can play every time,i think of the characters.:)

Zense likes this.
  5. Zense

Zense GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2008
    Italy
    Dragon Quest I Snes Remake (+the rest of the series) - This first proper Jrpg is so simple and short but still it is nice to see how revolutionary it was. Also its shortness and open-worldedness makes it very replayable. The music is really great too.

Final Fantasy 4 Heroes of Light - Great music, great gameplay. Such a misunderstood game. People don't realize the story is a parody on FF clichés and take it seriously.

Spyro Year of the Dragon - It thought me to be tidy and slightly OCD.

Alien Isolation - Scariest game I've ever played.

Abzû - Such an experience.

Last edited by Zense, Apr 18, 2019
    Vulpes Abnocto likes this.
  6. Glyptofane

Glyptofane Death Dealer

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    I thought it would at least gain some recognition after Bravely Default became a big hit. It's interesting to see some of the early ideas in 4HoL.

DaFixer and Zense like this.
  7. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    Okami.
    Nuff said.

DaFixer and x65943 like this.
  8. Zense

Zense GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2008
    Italy
    The only reason I've held off on playing Bravely Default is because there's a different composer and a lot of the tracks seem very rock/metal symphonic, compared to the soft waltzes of 4HoL. I'm sure the gameplay is awesome though. And the story seemingly takes a more serious tone. I'm just crossing my fingers for an HD remake for the switch with the multiplayer story coop intact.

I grew up with it too, however after experiencing Sonic 3 & Knuckles I got more fond of that and I consider it the real Sonic 3, especially whenever I beat the last Robotnik in Sonic 3 and the game feels like it abruptly ends. Still, Sonic 3 is by all means a great game without the added Knuckles.

Last edited by Zense, Apr 18, 2019
  9. ELY_M

ELY_M Developer

pip Developer
    Dec 6, 2007
    United States
    all of mario games from nintendo consoles. if I have to pick, I would pick Super Mario World or SMB3. I love all of them.

10. xalphax

xalphax Internet killed the Ponystar.

Nov 18, 2006
    Croatia
    here'n'there
    Culdcept Revolt on the 3DS, the game is so deep and well balanced, I hope for a Switch installment of the series.

11. PamelaBanks

PamelaBanks Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2019
    United States
    This is again my favorite topic to discuss, I like
    GTA 5
    CODWW2
    Has anybody played PUBG over here on the PC:gun:

12. x65943

x65943 Dr. Rabbi Prince X, Sr., Ed. D.

GBAtemp Patron
    x65943 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Midwest
    Harvest Moon. I like slowly doing more and more each day with a big goal in mind.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. First open world game that I played - there was so much to do it almost felt like it was never ending.

Professor Layton. The music and puzzles are so good. It's like the very core of what any video game should be.

Final Fantasy VI. My favorite RPG. It developed a wide range of characters in a way no other RPG has managed since.

Of course Zelda is my GOAT, but that's so mainstream that there's almost no reason to bring it up.

Chary likes this.
  13. PamelaBanks

PamelaBanks Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2019
    United States
    Though it is related to the game but I would like to take it as an inspiration to move ahead in my life.

x65943 likes this.
  14. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    bioshock games - if one which was rumoured to come out for the vita I'd buy a vita even if the machine was 200 quid - shocking how this series looks no more

Tomb raider games - lara croft should never die

15. mariopepper

mariopepper Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2018
    Ukraine
    My favorite games? Hm..
    What about games like dota2 or CS? I used to play for about 2 years. I am chasing to get expensice items there. I have even bet to get it, by the way it was succesfull. If someone interested in such games or items - welcome, i also got some usefull tips for this at https://www.bookmakeradvisor.com/uk/bonus/unibet/ (just helpful asvises, that's all) :D By the way i would be pleased if you want to play cs or dota together

Last edited by mariopepper, Mar 19, 2019
  16. SweetxRoll

SweetxRoll Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2018
    United States
    Skyrim, Dark Souls

17. Wolfling

Wolfling Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2019
    United States
    Animal crossing new leaf. It's so calming.

Last edited by Wolfling, Apr 2, 2019
  18. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    Probably either TLoZ Wind Waker or Mario Sunshine.

I really enjoyed the tropical locations and gradually collecting all the shines in sunshine.

As for Wind Waker I'm a sucker for big open space like the Ocean, and each island being it's own self-contained dungeon/area with quests makes it rewarding to visit all of them.

Zense likes this.
  19. Haymose

Haymose GBAtemp Fan

Mar 24, 2014
    United States
    The Windwaker
    Soma
    Portal
    Inside
    Cuphead
    RE2 Remake

Why? These games have stuck with me after completing them.

Last edited by Haymose, Mar 21, 2019
    Zense likes this.
  20. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Let's see...I might be missing a few, but it's probably like this:

Game boy: Zelda: link's awakening (the oracle games count as GBC). Reason: childhood nostalgia
    Gameboy advance: Mario versus donkey kong. Reason: I find myself coming back again and again.
    SNES: erm...probably Tetris attack or Lost vikings. I just like these sorts of puzzle games
    Arcade: Teenage mutant ninja turtles (konami...not the 'turtles in time' one). Beat 'em ups were a blast to play co-op with my friends, and this (alongside the Simpsons one) was just the best one. Runner-up in this category is a game called "vendetta", btw.
    PC: UT2004 with rocksmith 2014 remastered as follow-up (or even the inverse). They're both the pinnacles of their genre.
    Gamecube: F-zero GX
    Wii: this is a really tough one, as it was so versatile. I'll go with one of these three:
    -wii sports resort: ideal party game
    -sin & punishment 2: forget sword fighting, bowling and such...THIS is the game ever that made use of the wiimote & nunchuck.
    -wii fit plus: you can laugh all you want, but I really liked some of these balance games (I nominate this one over the wiiu version because even though that was about the same thing but more...it missed snowboarding :angry: ).
    Wiiu: Captain Toad. There is something incredibly charming about these puzzly levels. Also: a 3D platformer without jumping is something that there should be more of.
    Android (phone): patchwork. Digidiced makes a lot of great virtual board games, but this is their masterpiece.
    Android (tablet): race for the galaxy. While it's just a virtual version of a card laying game, I still find myself playing another round of the game well after a year after I first played it. Runner-up: 'a good snowman is hard to build'

Zense likes this.
  21. CallmeBerto

CallmeBerto The Lone Wanderer

GBAtemp Patron
    CallmeBerto is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 1, 2017
    United States
    USA
    Super Mario Bros. 3
    Mega Man X
    Pokemon Fire Red
    Plants VS Zombies

I've played each of these games for 100's of hours and never get bored.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted