1. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    Descent I and II
    Deus Ex
    Final Fantasy VII, IX, X
    The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (play the Thieve's Guild quest line, without cheats or very special gear, you'll see)
    The Adventures of Lomax in Lemming Land
    Command and Conquer I
    Metroid II
    King of Fighters 96
    Ridge Racer

alexander1970 likes this.
  2. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    Persona 4 and little - is this the demo review :lol:

3. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Greece
    I did, just it's less than 1%:P

Racing games are mostly the same, so for a LOT of them if you play one you've played them all, so without something unique to set each other apart (eg: mechanics, car options, etc.), then it's not worth playing really unless you want a game that's just "good", but not "best". Examples of games that are unique or at least were at the time to differentiate themselves from other racing games are Gran Turismo 4 (TONS of content and all sorts of whacky scenarios like Ford cup with cars from 1908, among other things), Grid (just beautiful overall, really good mechanics/controls and was THE single realistic multi-terrain driving game back in the day), FIA WRC 2006 on PSP (because to this day it has some of the most accurate controls for off-road cars that very based on terrain, speed, gear, torque, etc.), Underground 2 (revived NFS as a series by being just a simple but deep and with lots of content racing game that also had good controls), MicroMachines on PS2 mainly (really unique twist by going back to top-down racing and making it with toys inside the house racing through kitchens and whatnot), etc., but despite all those being great games I'd never call them my favorite in general because they all get boring after a bit.

4. Nobody_Important4u

Nobody_Important4u Just Another Shitposter

Poland
    The world ends with you
    -Great story
    -artstyle is Great
    -gameplay is so good that even griding is fun
    -and that music is the best

alexander1970 and ThoD like this.
  5. Canseeyou

Canseeyou Newbie
    Newcomer

Ukraine
    Aion, Lineage

6. Scar557

Scar557 Newbie
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    NFS Most Wanted hands down is better than most non-racing games out there.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Replayability isn't that big of an issue to me, considering most games out there have the same path, they are just being longer usually.

As for the shorter games, it doesn't really matter to me, played Max Payne 3 for the 8th time ( Or more like Max Payne 3 hours to complete ) and i still enjoy this game, i would even say that's one of the best TPS game you can find on the market.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  7. ThoD

Greece
    Max Payne does have replayability, all 3 are amazing games (well, 3 not so much, being a baldie kinda ruined the feel of it lol), I've played 3 start to finish about 12 times and 2 almost 90 times (YES, 90, some normally, some fucking around with cheats like using "jump 20" to skip entire sections of levels or find glitches, even have a youtube video with that on my channel). My point isn't that you'll get bored after the same amount of time, it's that by the time you finish a racing game you want to move on to something else instead of doing it all over from the start, so I wouldn't say it's a "favorite", more like just something you enjoyed. With how many games there are out there, calling everything you liked a favorite goes against the definition of the word:P

8. Stwert

Stwert GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Jeez, another one that would be a massive list for me, I’ve been around so long there’s just too many games :D

But, pretty much any 1st party Nintendo games, particularly Mario, Zelda and Metroid. Gears of War, Uncharted, Agony (Amiga) and Infamous.

I’ll just stop there or I’ll be writing for hours :P

9. Scar557

Scar557 Newbie
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    Max Payne 3, multiplayer aside doesn't really have that much replayability, i mean, at least not more than any usual racing game out there.

10. ThoD

Greece
    If you've played it, you should know that it's impossible to 100% in one playthrough, the golden weapons alone need 2 playthroughs, plus to get all "hints" on all levels you do need to re-do the entire game at least once. Sure, it's not really mandatory or even important, but another thing is that "replayability" also means that the game remains fun to play in subsequent playthroughs, racing games do not, you finish one and don't want to do anything with it 5 minutes later, at least for the vast majority of them. MP games are still fun even after you play them 10 times, especially MP2 since after beating it like three times normally you can replay with dev controls and mess around to your heart's content, which almost never gets old:rofl2: It's like playing old Lucas Arts games like Outlaws and using all sorts of fun cheats like flight and whatnot to make the game more fun after you've already beaten it and trust me, it GREATLY extends replayability, whereas even with cheats/mods, racing games get boring because the core in itself is boring, so the moment you get over the novelty of what they offer, it gets tiresome.

11. Vallabro

Vallabro Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
  12. bobo0921

bobo0921 Member
    Newcomer

Korea, South
    Animal crossing and story of seasons because even though these games look pretty simple and child-like (thats what my friend said, I dont agree to this) it's got a lot of enjoyable contents :))

Mr. Looigi likes this.
  13. Dinoduck

Dinoduck Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Classic RPGs like Baldur's Gate. Though I don't have much time to replay these...

14. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Loved:

God of War sequels of all - Loved greek things and myth monsters.

Castlevania -- all of them - Loved vampires and werewolves.

Zelda - Monsters as well.

Rockman/Megaman - Huge fan since I was teenager!

Lost Planet sequels - Loved scary and monsters.

Uncharted sequels - Love Indiana jones style

Dead Space sequels - Love scary and monsters

Dark Souls sequels - Lots of monsters!

You could say that I love monsters. I like to fighting big monsters in front of me. Fun!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - favorite, games,