What are you reading/have read lately?

spruced

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished the Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson, and am now reading Tom Sawyer and It's Kind of a Funny Story, by Ned Vizzini. Seems like it'll be a good book.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm rereading A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Twain. Really amusing if you want to imagine Camelot would have been like with dynamite.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the graphic novel end of things i've been rereading Watchmen (because it's just damned good), the first two Preacher trades (because i can't afford any more of them.... want Want WANT) and the first trade of The Boys (same as last reason... and also the "want..." thing
tongue.gif
)

(ok, these are audio books. I'm a graphic designer with a busy life outside of work. I listen at work. It's fantastic
biggrin.gif
)
On the Book end:
American Gods (stunning)
Ender's Game
Ender's Shadow (i loves me the Bean)
Snow Crash
Haunted
Fight Club

To Read:
Hitchhiker's Guide
Good Omens
And just shy of a metric fuck-ton of David Sedaris (i got his pack for cheap on Audible a bit back)

Audible is wonderful for my life
grog.gif

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently re-reading the Red Dwarf Novels :

Infinity welcomes careful drivers
Better than life
Last Human
Backwards

Now the first two books are utter classics sadly the last 2 seem to be lacking in different ways as they were written after doug and rob desolved their writing partnership and went their ways.

Last Human for me always seemed to be very dark and lack the humor, while Backwards lacked seriousness and focus

still a agreat series to read tho. Also check out colony by rob grant ... classic .

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I've just downloaded an ebook reader app on my HTC Legend and startrd reading some stuff. Namely Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species and Karl Marx's Manifesto of the Communist Party.

Also reading on paper, just started on Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood

Not much time though, exam week.

Paka

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pakasdollmaker.com
XP
Country
United States
The Tudor Housewife by Alison Sim. Recently finished up Price of Honor by Jan Goodwin. I love non-fiction, particularly history and science, so I'm in heaven with the library privileges at the university I work for.
biggrin.gif

Daizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been reading Death Note The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases. It's very interesting, in my opinion. There are tons better out there, but I personally really enjoy it. After that I might read the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo or something.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i havent been reading much lately. the last book i read was the last exit to brooklyn, but i cant count the times ive even read that book anyways.

hopefully when the fall semester comes and im out of the house ill start reading again (i have to anyways i have a lit class, a lit class with good books too!) hah

Frost>>&gt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
I've been reading Myth & Knowing, and whatever the title of my Western Civilization textbook is. Yeah. T_T...

I don't usually read for fun, though. When I'm not in school, I will read something in foreign languages (right now I'm reading Romans et conts by Voltaire), just to keep up with it

Isn't knowing by robin parrish? I swear I've read that book, I just can't remember....
unsure.gif

mk123a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finished reading crimson labyrinth -- reminds me of battle royale. Going to read Brave Story by Miyuki Miyabe

Overman1977

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The Neverending Story by Michael Ende.............FANTASTIC!

If read carefully, plenty of theories on logic and philosophy...1 more chapter till I'm done.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
At present I am reading Mass Effect:Ascension, a Tom Holt omnibus, and I'll be visiting the library tomorrow to get something else.

I'm also writing about a dozen projects, the fans are bombarding me with emails for a new chapter 'cause I kinda left them on a cliffhanger with the last upload
tongue.gif

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 1000 Nights and 1 Night

3/4 of the way through volume 3 of 4. Translated by Mardus & Mathers or something... They swear it's the most accurate English traslation you'll find, I haven't a clue if there is any truth to their claims. If someone (preferably that's read it in Arabic and English and thus actually has a clue) has a better translation I'd probably be willing to give it a shot.

Below the Root

Just started about half way through. I'd probably finish it in a night after work if I'd stop reading/posting on GBAtemp and playing video games.
smile.gif

Edit: Oh yeah, and Maureen Birnbaum, Barbarian Swordsperson is sitting on my toilet's tank... I read that once or twice a day depending on how much fiber I've had.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT