What are you reading/have read lately?

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'm reading Tales of the Otori, an awesome book about a boy who lives in a hidden village in the mountains, when suddenly, a rival clan attacks and kills everyone, except him who manages to escape. He is saved by a noble from the Otori clan. After that, he decides to give his life to the Otori, and to kill the one who orchestered the attack of his village.

A story of vengeance, loyalty, love and NINJAS POWERS !!!
ph34r.gif

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Summer reading for school:

Mandatory
They Poured Fire on Us from the Sky by Benson and Alepho Deng and Benjamin Ajak (actually kinda liked it but it was so confusing with all the names of family and cities etc)
No Exit by Jean Paul Sarthe (play, don't like herp derp I'm dead herp derp how could you have made him suicide)

Own choice (I still had to read a book, just that I could pick whatever book was a bestseller in 2009 or 2010)
American on Purpose by Craig Ferguson (liked it a lot, he has a very interesting life)

I don't think that I have actually read a novel just for fun since the last A Series of Unfortunate Events came out in like 6th grade (I'm in 10th now)

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i've barely touched my hardcover 1000+ page copy of Under the Dome coz of my AK2i, but before that, i finished Different Seasons, Dark Tower 6, The Mist, etc (in case you don't follow, i worship Stephen King's novels, lolz)

DunkrWunkah

GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KidIce said:
The 1000 Nights and 1 Night

3/4 of the way through volume 3 of 4. Translated by Mardus & Mathers or something... They swear it's the most accurate English traslation you'll find, I haven't a clue if there is any truth to their claims. If someone (preferably that's read it in Arabic and English and thus actually has a clue) has a better translation I'd probably be willing to give it a shot.

Below the Root

Just started about half way through. I'd probably finish it in a night after work if I'd stop reading/posting on GBAtemp and playing video games.
smile.gif

Edit: Oh yeah, and Maureen Birnbaum, Barbarian Swordsperson is sitting on my toilet's tank... I read that once or twice a day depending on how much fiber I've had.
biggrin.gif

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!

There's a book of below the root? OH MY GOD!! Where did you get it? Is it based or inspired by the old pc game?

Shinigami357

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just added Just After Sunset, The Dead Zone (Stephen King) Timeline, Disclosure, Pirate Latitudes (Michael Crichton) and Horns (Joe Hill) to my massive sci-fi/horror collection. whew. gonna be a lot of reading for days to come. it kinda distracts me from my DSi sometimes.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Mark Z Danielewski - House of Leaves
Steven Hall - Raw Shark Texts
Tad Williams - Otherland (4 books)

enough said.
smile.gif
Best books ever

Shinigami357

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finished:

Let The Right One In
the whole Saga of Darren Shan
Bleachers (John Grisham)
Trapped (Jack Kilborn)
Pirate Latitudes
Disclosure

etc.
Keep reading guys!

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
KingdomBlade said:
30084pm said:
I'm gonna start reading Stephen King's It soon...

I recommend It also. It's an excellent book, and very creepy. Have you read The Shining and Carrie yet? They are probably the essential Stephen King novels.

Both are on my wishlist... I have just started to get into his books

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Read:
Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx
Confessions of an Economic Hit Man by John Perkins

Reading:
The Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein
The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins
The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking

Reading more of the informative kind now, or whatever you call them, I'm gonna read more novels after this though.

Y05h1

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
sinharvest24 said:
All i read is manga.
would recommend Fairy Tail/Naruto/Bleach

W-What!!!
These are obviously big-shot manga's you are leaving. BUT YOU LEFT OUT ONE PIECE
ohnoes.png

Really. If it's any of the big ones, then One Piece is, without a question, the best of the bunch. Best story, best characters, best artwork, best everything (seriously, something like Naruto? I wouldn't call it good art. And Bleach is damn slow. And Fairy Tail is a wannabe, plus the 'morals' in it make me cringe...)
As a rare exception, I would say the Naruto anime is better than the Manga. Mainly because the art in the Anime is cleaner + better. But of course it suffers from the usual issues, such as a preposterous number of filler episodes...
/Rant end.

(Try reading Berserk if you want a great Manga. Warning: Mature)

I haven't read any books in a while, truth be told. I'm thinking of getting the next revision of the iPad though, and getting back into reading.

Recently I re-read the comic book series 'Bone'. One of my favourites, I highly recommend it to anyone (gender, age, whatever, this is something that everyone should be able to appreciate/enjoy). Mmm, and some months back, I read the Scott Pilgrim comics. I haven't seen the recently released movie, so I can't give a comparison, but I loved the comic.

That'll be all for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later