what are the system i can emulate on switch without overclocking and using only original os

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like retroarch and prefer standalone emulators. Here are some emulators I use and can definitely recommend:
  • pNES: NES emulator, perfect
  • pSNES: SNES emulator, perfect
  • mGBA: GB/GBC/GBA emulator, perfect
  • melonDS: DS emulator, should run at full speed for most games even without overclocking
  • duckstation: PS1 emulator, HOS port has some issues and iirc it's no longer developed
  • PPSSPP: PSP emulator, OK for most games but struggles with hard to emulate ones (like god of war and midnight club)
  • pFBN: Final burn neo port, may struggle with some games without overclocking
  • pGEN: Genesis emulator, perfect
  • flycast: Dreamcast emulator, perfect
Also if have android/linux you can also try:
  • Dolphin: Gamecube/Wii emulator, runs at full speed for simple games
  • PPSSPP: android port runs much better than HOS port imo
  • duckstation: PS1 emulator, much better than HOS port
  • AetherSX2: PS2 emulator, don't expect much from switch hardware but there are actually some games will run at playable speed
  • uoYabause: Saturn emulator, should run ok for most games. Also has a switch port but iirc it's linux based not HOS.
  • yuzu: Switch emulator. Well if you are crazy you can emulate switch on switch

Reactions: mikefor20

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
They specifically said they don't want to do that. It would be best to actually try and answer their question instead of telling them to do something they have no interest in.
There's no reason not to, most of us have been overclocking for the last 4ish years with no issues

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no reason not to, most of us have been overclocking for the last 4ish years with no issues
I understand that, but It is always best to listen to what the original question was. In fact you didn't answer their question at all.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that, but It is always best to listen to what the original question was. In fact you didn't answer their question at all.
Lol. Good luck with that,lol. The Temp only likes conforming non-conformists. The masses here hate free thinking and think that they can dictate what everyone does with their console. WATCH OUT! They will lie, troll and get the thread closed

Randy's answer was pretty complete 👍

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Lol. Good luck with that,lol. The Temp only likes conforming non-conformists. The masses here hate free thinking and think that they can dictate what everyone does with their console. WATCH OUT! They will lie, troll and get the thread closed
Oh I remember you! You go on unhinged rants for no reason, how is this helping? You're gonna get the thread closed, just put down the bong

And to keep it on topic, Ryab you had already answered their question so I added my own thoughts

Reactions: SylverReZ

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I remember you! You go on unhinged rants for no reason, how is this helping? You're gonna get the thread closed, just put down the bong

And to keep it on topic, Ryab you had already answered their question so I added my own thoughts
Rants for no reason? You claim your opinions as fact and disrupt threads! 👏👏 I remember you too. You're not helpful but feel superior none the less. When it comes to juggalos less is more. Let's get less opinion and more actual answers to questions!

I used some Lakka emulators. It's been a while. PS2 emulation was pretty good. You can use Switchroot as well. Sometimes, for certain games Lakka was actually better. Blast Corps IIRC played 99% perfect and that was before the gigaleak gave us better N64 emulation.

I'd recommend all 4, L4T, Lakka, switchroot and Retroarch. Some stand-alone too. I use Lakka unless there's issues then i try, switchroot, L4T and Retroarch. In that order.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only ganes that still have issues on mupen are Goldeneye, Quake 2 and Killer Instinct Gold but we now have 2 of those playable officially now
Nice, lots of progress. Been a while since I tried it. Blast Corps was a game I never got to finish and was unplayable until fairly recently.. i will boot up some emulators tonight maybe. Between DBD,Strayz and TOTK i been quite occupied.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
  • duckstation: PS1 emulator, HOS port has some issues and iirc it's no longer developed
FWIW I don't think DuckStation (for Horizon) is no longer developed, it's just not worked on very regularly. I was browsing the retronx discord and the dev said quite recently that he's made more fixes to it but hasn't made a release with them yet.

Reactions: ber71

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not overclocking is like tying both a leg and arm behind your back. Overclocking is mostly harmless unless you do some crazy stuff. Which I should mention if you don't know how to do, then you can't access.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto