Hacking What are the chances for current fw exploits?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I guess this is the golden time of ps4 hacking. What keeps me from swapping my latest fw pro to a 4.55 unit is that I won't be able to play new titles. What do you think, will we get a fully exploited system? Like jtag 360 back then, just update the kernel and you're good to go. Personally I don't have much use for 4.55 and below because I already played all the games I was interested in. Thanks!

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There are current fw exploits, they are just not public. So, at least we know it is possible... the rest is up to the people capable of making something out of it and willing to release it.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i would also be interested but I'm holding out on my 5.05 pro because well I'm not that fond of the hax we currently have for the ps4.

with that webkit kexploit, for many it takes many many tries to get it running and to have to re-run that kexploit on every boot sounds hassly.

but i might just not update my 5.05 console anymore, that is if i can hold out not playing overwatch..

mgrev

Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hijacking a thread kinda here, sorry. Do you think it's a good idea to buy a brand new phat ps4 (which will have an acceptable firmware)? Or should i go hunting for a slim, or pro especially, to get "the most" out of a modded system. I was planning to get a phat one at some point, but i'm not entirely sure

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
For the 5.05 ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶5̶.̶5̶0̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶a̶ (not sure about 5.50):
-Webkit exploit works and has been released;
-At least one kernel exploit exists in private. The guys holding it will release it once it gets patched by Sony (soon!).

So hopefully the PS4 will be fully hackable to the 5.05 FW. Maybe later firmwares will correct all those bugs so it will be very difficult to find new exploits.

Last edited by depaul,

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by depaul,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a backlog of games on my ps4, so I'll be playing those. When I catch up, I'll see where the scene is then and decide to update or not.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Personal opinion but Overwatch and other FPS should be played on a PC :P
thing is not everyone has a good 'pc' :/
my laptop wont handle ow locked at 60fp..
and my laptop is not a 4k tv either so.. yeah.

i wish i did have a good hd laptop at least that could handle ow at 60fp, then i would gladly keep my ps4 never updated Q-q

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle