What are the best Emulators for Android?

Discussion in 'Android' started by Centrix, Nov 1, 2012.

Nov 1, 2012
  1. Centrix
    OP

Member Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

United States
    Not sure if this has been asked but out of all the emulators which are the best and basically have the highest compatibility (refers to sound, gameplay and graphics) I just got the Galaxy S3 and wanted to get a few emulators for it also where does the Galaxy S3 install the apps you download?

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    I've found the *oid emulators to work just fine (and they claim high compatibility and such). I've tried others and they had some noticeable input lag, which was annoying coming from a PC, thus me switching to the *oid ones. However I rarely use the emulators on my device, so there might well be ones with better compatibility that others know of.

Any specific reason you want to know the install directory? In my experience with android, manually editing files is rarely needed, even emulators will read ROMs and such from whatever directory you pick when opening them up (and an uninstall is done just like other apps).

3. OneUp

Member OneUp GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm happy with using the *oid apps by Yongzh. You can get them free now from the SlideMe marketplace. (But the N64 one is 5$) For N64, the free Mupen64plus on android market seems to work well. I've been using FPSE for PSX emulation.

4. Just Another Gamer

Member Just Another Gamer 星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy

Australia
    The *oid apps are pretty good emulators but for GBA I found MyBoy to be pretty good cause I got a few compatibility issues with GameBoid but they work fine in MyBoy, I haven't tested the other GBA emulators but to me it seems the best also and .emu emulator apps are just plain shit in terms of features so don't bother with them.

mostwanted likes this.
  5. Nah3DS

Member Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Argentina
  6. urbanman2004

Member urbanman2004 GBAtemp Regular

United States