Gaming What are some games worth buying on Steam Summer Sale?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you're into Harvest Moon or games like it (e.g. Story of Seasons, Rune Factory, etc. etc.), definitely pick up Stardew Valley, it's on sale for $11.99 USD, and it'll last you dozens of hours (maybe hundreds if you try to get all the achievements and collect every item).

Last edited by daxtsu,

Sniperlusti

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Thanks for reminding me about Stardew Valley, my cousin has it on his PS4. I was planning to buy it, but i forgot.
If you're into Harvest Moon or games like it, definitely pick up Stardew Valley, it's on sale for $11.99 USD, and it'll last you dozens of hours (maybe hundreds if you try to get all the achievements and collect every item).
Inside looks interesting, I'll get it.
Dude Inside is one of my all time favorites. you're going to with it never ended

Reactions: daxtsu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you’re into games like Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie, I 100% recommend A Hat in Time. It’s a really fun game, and some more levels are releasing this year as free DLC. Also, tons of mods.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Kind of obvious, but this thread sort of covers all bases. :P

I'd also suggest giving some suggestions as to what YOU like. With just about every game on the planet on sale, I can just flat out list my favorite steam games.

...which I (sort of) do, assuming they're at least 50% off:

-Cook, serve delicious: 'cooking simulator' doesn't quite cut it, as it's mostly about typing flawless to get all the ingredients together while not getting swamped by customers. Insanely addicting...and 2 bucks right now. (sequel is also top notch, but I'd start with this one)
-torchlight 2: a diablo clone. better than diablo 3, IMHO (-75%)
-one finger death punch: while it should really be called TWO finger death punch, it's fun in an almost retardedly satisfying way. Basically, enemy waves come at you; you have to press the mouse button when they're close enough, but not TOO close. what follows...well...stickman epicness. -80% as well!
-antichamber: if you like puzzle games and Escher paintings, then this is a must play. (-75%)
-stealth bastard and its sequel stealth inc 2: stealth done right. I tried this on many different platforms, and end up keeping playing every freaking time! (each -75%)
-hexcells: this is a variation on mine sweeper. It's a bit short, but if you enjoyed that game...this is even better. (-70%)
-world of goo: if I have to explain this game, then I envy you. Why? Because not knowing what this game is makes it even better. It's...perhaps "building a living pyramid" is the closest description. The game looks awesome and its music is even awesomer. (-70%)
-kalimba: I'm morally obligated to mention this, as it was mentioned to me as well. You basically control 2 totems at the same time, and you have to guide these through platforming levels. Amazing level design (-75%)

...I can go on, but I'll leave it at this for now. :)

I already have Terraria but I never heard of Inside.
It's from the same maker as limbo, and...while neither sequal or prequal, it is certainly equal in terms: a platformer with very grim atmosphere, no dialogue and cleverly designed puzzles. Especially the atmosphere is top notch, but the rest of the game is great as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.