What are some emulator recommendations?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by CrystalForce, Mar 28, 2015.

1. CrystalForce
    OP

CrystalForce I'm gonna "fix" that spaghetti.

Feb 10, 2015
    United States
    Mainly looking for SNES, Genesis, NES, and Game Boy. I've seen lots, but wanted to know which has better compatibility.

2. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai baja boner blast

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    For SNES I'd suggest SNEmulDS. That's the only one I've ever been able to use properly, really.
    The only game I've played on it was EarthBound. It has some issues with EarthBound's layers, but it still works pretty well for a DS emulator.

3. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    funny how this question is asked but there are just 1 or 2 emulators for each console and some of them are an upgrade version with a diferent name

gbc\gb gameyob (there is lameboy, which is diferent, but its outdated, gameyob is better)

the others, i didnt tried them much

i know the gba and snes ones only work under a DSTWO (there is a gba emulator for r4 cards but its bad..)

nesDS is pretty neat for NES games

Margen67 likes this.
  4. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    SNEmulDS works reasonably well on normal flashcarts too, although it has some pretty big issues with layers at times.

Margen67, Tomato Hentai and migles like this.
  5. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai baja boner blast

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    I thought it was just EarthBound that had layer issues, I guess that's good to know before I go and play any other SNES games using SNEmulDS.