Gaming What ambassador 3DS games haven't been released to the general public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
For the people who buy games legit and don't resort to piracy, the Ambassador Games are fine.

It's foolish to bitch about something you were given for free. Nintendo didn't have to give you anything, companies do price-drops all the time.
It's no so much that people were given something "for free", it's more so the fact that it's an unnecessary exclusive, plus I maintain that a Points equivalent would've been better - not everyone "wants" to play GBA/NES games on their 3DS. ;)

Trolol. But that's how this site works, no? One person expresses there opinion, then one person disagrees.
Anybody notice that this simple Question turned into another argument on this site?
It's called a discussion, guys. We're not exactly at each other's throats - we're discussing pro's and con's of the program. ;)

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's a fair thing. If I were one of the people who bought a 250$ one and they dropped the price, I would be mad. I think they did this to satisfy the ambassadors.
EDIT: Sorry guys. I caused a lot of disagreeing here.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Depends on who you are. Some of the games are ones people have grown up with, and they'd love to have them portable on a system like the 3DS.

EDIT: This was aimed at potato3334.

Or there is people like me, who never owned a gba before and would appreciate the chance of playing some gba games on the 3ds.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think it's a fair thing. If I were one of the people who bought a 250$ one and they dropped the price, I would be mad. I think they did this to satisfy the ambassadors.
More like:

"Okay, so the first batch of 3DS's has suicidal screens, very low battery life, the features we previously advertised to be out-of-the-box are actually cut from the final product 'cause we weren't ready to implement them... man, those people are gonna eat us alive, let's give'em some stuff to shut them up! How about some old-ass GBA and NES games? That doesn't cost us anything, but they think it does! Hurr hurr hurr! If we do that, we can easily sell the system cheaper to newer audiences! HA! Chumps!"

But yeah, it was a kindness on their part - they didn't have to do that, it was merely a way to avoid bad press, which at the time was bad.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm seeing a bunch of;

Ambassadors should only be the ones to have the Ambassador games.
Everyone should get to the Ambassador games by getting the chance to buy them.
I can play X on X so they have no meaning to me.
^^^^Nagging.

Nintendo has no obligation, to the Ambassadors or the non-early adopters to make the games exclusive or to put them up for sale. But lets think a bit on other terms. Nintendo could make a somewhat nice profit by selling the Ambassador games to non-Ambassadors, but the key is not to piss off the Ambassadors. Let them settle in with the games, make it feel like they got a nice little treat and then later on sell the Ambassador games to non-Ambassadors. BO2 did this with the "Nuketown 2025" DLC. It's included with every preorder of BO2, but it's been announced that in a few months you'll be able to buy it separate for those who couldn't/didn't preorder it. Gave the preorder people time to get use to the DLC, until they really wouldn't care who has it. I can play N64/GBA/GBC games on my phone. Awesome, touch screen controls suck and it's laggy. I can play them on my PSP, controls are okay but emulation is laggy/glitchy. We can go on, and on. I would rather prefer, you know. Nintendo to handle that stuff, rather than a awesome coder that knows what they're doing but can't code a better emulator than Nintendo. Sure you can name a ton of games that work just fine to an extent, and of course like Rydian said. To the normal non-hacking/modding/pirate being a ambassador is somewhat of a big deal.

Was feeling bored, and decided to post.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I have a question.
Have you sent in a letter to Sony demanding free games because the PS3 has dropped in price since it's inception?
'Cause you seem self-centered enough to do it, so I'm just curious.

Of course, substitute the PS3 for any and all game systems that you have that have ever dropped in price...

No I haven't because I pay 50 bucks a year for free games :)

Nintendo has no obligation, to the Ambassadors
The only obligation they have is their word, they said they wouldn't, or well, "have no plans".
BO2 did this with the "Nuketown 2025" DLC. It's included with every preorder of BO2, but it's been announced that in a few months you'll be able to buy it separate for those who couldn't/didn't preorder it.

This is actually weird. I bought the game, didn't pre-order it at all, and the game came with Nuketown 2025 code in the case. Maybe it's just my EB but they always give away the exclusive pre-order codes when you buy the game, even if it's a used game. But what's even weirder to me is how on BO: 2, Nuketown 2025 is not a map that you can play in Team Deathmatch, it's disappointing.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hold on there buddy. You pay $50 a year to rent the games. I do too, but there's a fine line between renting and buying.

True, but I never let the subscription run out, so it feels like I've bought them. Weird way of thinking about it, but who cares right?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
No I haven't because I pay 50 bucks a year for free games :)
... so?

Sony had the audacity to lower a system's price after you bought it, and according to you, that means that you're owed stuff that should also be withheld from other customers that bought thew system later, right?

What's the difference between the PS3 and the 3DS there? Why does Nintendo have to do it and Sony not?

Or is the only thing you care about how many games YOU get? If so, why do you care if the games are put up for sale to others? You got them way earlier, and for free. To demand more is just being a selfish little bitch.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Weird way of thinking about it, but who cares right?
"But who cares" about which games you do or do not have?

Funny thing to ask, seeing as you care so much about the games other people have available, specifically not wanting other people to be able to buy the ambassador games...

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
... so?

Sony had the audacity to lower a system's price after you bought it, and according to you, that means that you're owed stuff that should also be withheld from other customers that bought thew system later, right?

What's the difference between the PS3 and the 3DS there? Why does Nintendo have to do it and Sony not?

Or is the only thing you care about how many games YOU get? If so, why do you care if the games are put up for sale to others? You got them way earlier, and for free. To demand more is just being a selfish little bitch.

Whoah there buddy, might want to go scrub the sand out of your vagina, getting a little pissed off there aren't ya?

And no, I don't feel as if Sony owes me anything. Mainly because the console price wasn't lowered since I bought it (at least not at the stores in my town), and secondly, they didn't say they would give out free games where as Nintendo did.
"But who cares" about which games you do or do not have?

Funny thing to ask, seeing as you care so much about the games other people have available, specifically not wanting other people to be able to buy the ambassador games...

Again, back off the turbo there, when I said "who cares" I meant as "who cares how I think of it". You really need to get off this site a little bit or something Rydian, I've noticed in the last couple months you've been pretty much being a bit of a dick to everybody who doesn't think the way you do.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm doing my best to get you to realize how selfish you are. You bitch about the THQ bundle needing $1 to get the games (even ping called you out on that one), and you say that you don't want other people to have the ability to buy ambassador games you got for free?

Those aren't the thoughts of an adult.

These are the thoughts of a whiny little kid on the playground that wants all the toys to himself with the least cost.

And that's not a healthy way of thinking, man. That's childish and immature. It's fine to enjoy getting stuff cheaply and for free, but you're bitching about $1 for 5 games, and complaining about the idea of other people getting to play the games you already have... that's not right.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Now that PlayStation Plus has been mentioned, I do have a gripe with it as well. Practically, the earlier you enter the program the better - certain games are added to the games list, certain games are removed on a monthly basis. Now, this is all fine and dandy, but if you begin your subscription after the games are shifted, you have no way of getting the ones that were available earlier, unlike the users who had the subscription at the time. If you downloaded them once, you can re-download them anytime you want, if you haven't, they're gone for good for you. What's up with that?

I understand that the publishers get a certain amount of money from the deal, depending on how many subscribers downloaded which game, but it would be so much more convenient for the End-User if Sony only added games to the list, not removed them each cycle - that way, regardless of when you begin your subscription, you'd have access to the same games as everybody else. It's a minor complaint, of course... but still.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm doing my best to get you to realize how selfish you are. You bitch about the THQ bundle needing $1 to get the games (even ping called you out on that one), and you say that you don't want other people to have the ability to buy ambassador games you got for free?

Those aren't the thoughts of an adult.

These are the thoughts of a whiny little kid on the playground that wants all the toys to himself with the least cost.

And that's not a healthy way of thinking, man. That's childish and immature. It's fine to enjoy getting stuff cheaply and for free, but you're bitching about $1 for 5 games, and complaining about the idea of other people getting to play the games you already have... that's not right.

No I wasn't. I said that when they say pay what you want, you're not really getting the games is what some people might think. I have no problem paying for the games, but the slogan "pay what you want" is a bit misleading. That's all I was saying. Also, please, keep the "whiny little kid" thing out of here, like I said, you're getting pissed off and upset about me, so really, we're both being childish and immature.

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Ahah true. Btw, how much would an ambassador system be worth now.

Looking at completed eBay listings, they're going for around $160+ for just the 3DS(plus whatever came with it).

Although, good deals do pop up every now and then. Back in October I got a black ambassador 3DS with MK7, Pilotwings, Driver, Starfox, that downloadable Zelda 4-swords anniversary thing, and ~$20 in eShop purchases for $160 shipped.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I understand that the publishers get a certain amount of money from the deal, depending on how many subscribers downloaded which game, but it would be so much more convenient for the End-User if Sony only added games to the list, not removed them each cycle - that way, regardless of when you begin your subscription, you'd have access to the same games as everybody else. It's a minor complaint, of course... but still.
Sony's the final publisher, but it's not like they totally own all the games. They can only put up stuff there when the company behind the game says they can, and the time limit is likely to get more companies in on it, since they'll think of it as a sale, and not something like setting themselves to the level of the bargain bin movies at walmart.

EDIT: Damn post speed. Fixed I think.

No I wasn't. I said that when they say pay what you want, you're not really getting the games is what some people might think.
Yeah, it's obvious you didn't read any of the responses to you (you DID post drunk though), because it was pointed out multiple times that it's always been $1 for steam keys, and they stated quite clearly that the games were steam-only this time.

Also, as I pointed out, they included the soundtracks so that people who paid less would still get something, since the $1 appears to be a Steam limitation.

ALs inb4 "well then it's not 'pay what you want for everything'", there's always been bonus games for people who pay at least a certain amount. :P

Also, please, keep the "whiny little kid" thing out of here, like I said, you're getting pissed off and upset about me, so really, we're both being childish and immature.
Let's say one of the kids in school starts walking around and yelling during naptime, and the teacher has to get up and stop the kid.

Both people are up during naptime, but who's at fault?
The kid that has not yet learned how to behave.

Do you see me reprimanding other people in this thread and others?
No, you just have people everywhere pointing out how childish you are because you're childish.

(Seriously, you need to read some of those responses you got some time, it's not just me by far.)

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sony's the final publisher, but it's not like they totally own all the games. They can only put up stuff there when the company behind the game says they can, and the time limit is likely to get more companies in on it, since they'll think of it as a sale, and not something like setting themselves to the level of the bargain bin movies at walmart.

EDIT: Damn post speed. Fixed I think.

Yeah, it's obvious you didn't read any of the responses to you (you DID post drunk though), because it was pointed out multiple times that it's always been $1 for steam keys, and they stated quite clearly that the games were steam-only this time.

Also, as I pointed out, they included the soundtracks so that people who paid less would still get something, since the $1 appears to be a Steam limitation.

ALs inb4 "well then it's not 'pay what you want for everything'", there's always been bonus games for people who pay at least a certain amount. :P

Let's say one of the kids in school starts walking around and yelling during naptime, and the teacher has to get up and stop the kid.

Both people are up during naptime, but who's at fault?
The kid that has not yet learned how to behave.

Do you see me reprimanding other people in this thread and others?
No, you just have people everywhere pointing out how childish you are because you're childish.

(Seriously, you need to read some of those responses you got some time, it's not just me by far.)

tl;dr: I missed the part that said it was Steam only. If I did see that, then I wouldn't have posted. So fault on my behalf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1