Not open for further replies.

Zelduck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well,I want one,but are there even any 3DS ROMs I can download? And also,can it load N64 ROMs or maybe even GBC/GBA without using an emulator?

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANK YOU FOR READING THE FORUMS SO PASSIONATELY.

It's really, really difficult to not notice the "NOTHING PLAYS 3DS ROMs" thread.

4706853733_6b06f9bff7_z.jpg

N64 is out of the question in DS mode.
You need an emulator for GBC/GBA on a DSTWO.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The mods should add, like, a HUGE banner that says NO 3DS FLASH CART EXISTS in like size 72 font, that shows up whenever you register on the Temp. and you have to click "I understand and agree not to ask for a 3DS flashcart" 3 separate times, on different areas on the screen, to ensure that you've seen and read and understood. *facepalm*

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The mods should add, like, a HUGE banner that says NO 3DS FLASH CART EXISTS in like size 72 font, that shows up whenever you register on the Temp. and you have to click "I understand and agree not to ask for a 3DS flashcart" 3 separate times, on different areas on the screen, to ensure that you've seen and read and understood. *doublefacepalm*

That wouldn't be enough. It needs to flash until the user has a seizure. And even then, people would STILL miss it. Also, Fix'd in bold.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You won't get N64 emulation on any DS model with any flashcart.
GBA works on the DSTwo with it's own special emulator, but it's not perfect. http://gbatemp.net/topic/232281-supercard-dstwo-review/
There is no way to run GBA stuff on the 3DS without an emulator because the 3DS lacks GBA hardware. Same with the DSi.

Zelduck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The mods should add, like, a HUGE banner that says NO 3DS FLASH CART EXISTS in like size 72 font, that shows up whenever you register on the Temp. and you have to click "I understand and agree not to ask for a 3DS flashcart" 3 separate times, on different areas on the screen, to ensure that you've seen and read and understood. *facepalm*

...I wasn't really asking for a 3DS flashkart...And I'm sorry,I wasn't wearing my glasses when I posted this,and my vision is 12/15,so I didn't see some things.

Just go easy on me,I'm new ._.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

...I wasn't really asking for a 3DS flashkart...And I'm sorry,I wasn't wearing my glasses when I posted this,and my vision is 12/15,so I didn't see some things.

alright understandable. We jut get pissed sometimes cuz so many people with 20/20 vision ignore reading the sticky on 3DS ROMs on a regular basis. Sorry about that

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

alright understandable. We jut get pissed sometimes cuz so many people with 20/20 vision ignore reading the sticky on 3DS ROMs on a regular basis. Sorry about that
just as i said in a few threads, i know it's fucking annoying that newbies keep asking these questions but we shouldn't attack any newbie just for hinting at it, i mean it's not his/her mistake

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now now, let's be a little bit more gentle to the newbie.

Your original question was "What exactly does DSTWO do?"

Well, it's simple. The Supercard DSTWO is the best DS flashcart out there.
Basically it plays DS ROMS which include dumped games and homebrew.
Homebrew gives any flashcard greater capabilities. Since the DSTWO has its own built-in RAM (if I'm not mistaken), there is homebrew specifically designed for the DSTWO which would not run properly on other flashcarts due to insufficient RAM.
This homebrew may include emulators (GBA, GBC, etc.); however, no matter what you try to do, the Supercard DSTWO will never be able to run an N64 emulator because the Supercard runs in DS mode.
What is DS mode? DS mode is a mode the 3DS boots into which reduces its functionality down to one of a DS. Basically, any improvements from the DS up until the 3DS are not present in DS mode. A 3DS in DS-mode is basically just a different-looking DS.
The DS isn't powerful enough to emulate N64, so the Supercard DSTWO on the 3DS (which would still be DS-mode) cannot emulate N64 games.

I hope this helps.

PS. I really hope not to see another thread like this. This place has put together many stickies designed for newcomers like yourself. I *highly* suggest you go check 'em out. They will help you get a better understanding of the whole thing.

Edit: Thought I'd be nice enough to provide you with a link to all the stickies. Here you go.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1