Hacking Well this is depressing

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will I still be able to update that 3DS to Emunand 9.5?

So I need cubic ninja and Gateway correct?

You cannot update emunand since 9.5 is no longer on the Nintendo servers. You can setup emunand still and play your 3ds roms....just don't update for right now.

You can buy Zelda OoT instead of cubic ninja but its a hell of a lot more expensive.

sacredshinobi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot update emunand since 9.5 is no longer on the Nintendo servers. You can setup emunand still and play your 3ds roms....just don't update for right now.

So since i'll be on 9.0 what will I not be able to do?

Will I be able to play online? Will I be able to install eshop titles?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So since i'll be on 9.0 what will I not be able to do?

Will I be able to play online? Will I be able to install eshop titles?

You can't do anything that requires you to have your system fully updated. You cannot enter eshop, system transfer, or play online.

eshop is kinda useless for gateway though. You can install everything it sells as a cia file which is something sky3ds cannot do.

sacredshinobi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't do anything that requires you to have your system fully updated. You cannot enter eshop, system transfer, or play online.

eshop is kinda useless for gateway though. You can install everything it sells as a cia file which is something sky3ds cannot do.

Wait, so I won't be able to do a system transfer?

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I have a New 3DS on 9.0.0

What do I have to do now to get gateway working? What will I have to buy besides Gateway itself?

After getting Gateway is there a way for me to get to Emunand 9.5? Will I still be able to do a system transfer from my current 3DS on 9.5?

What will I NOT be able to do and what will I be able to do?

TURN OFF SYSTEM UPDATES:

POWER OFF

hold LT+RT+A+d-pad up and power up

hit CANCEL

reboot

Sit on 9.0 till you get your GW.

You can use some features from GW without the cards. Go DL the Ultra 3.1 pack and slap loader.dat on your SD card and do a Firmware backup and rip ROMS.

Then when your GW cart arrives you're at least backed up.

You don't NEED Ninja. You WILL need some way of running Zelda OOT (buying game itself or using SKy3DS *easier* to run it)

DO NOT GO ABOVE 9.2!!!!!!!!!!!

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you tell me what the above steps do ? I am in the same boat. Am waiting for my Cubic Ninja to arrive.

It removes downloaded updates (better known as update nag) without having to format sysnand

Don't confuse it with installed updates. Once it is installed then it can't be removed (without a hardmod)

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to get GW onto your system FIRST. Then you can have fun.

Sky3DS>Gateway>9.6 update>system transfer

So yeah, might as well buy a Sky3DS as well. Unless you already have a Zelda OOT game cart.

By the time you have everything to install onto N3DS the 9.6 update should be out.

Um, why is he getting Ninja?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to get GW onto your system FIRST. Then you can have fun.

Sky3DS>Gateway>9.6 update>system transfer

So yeah, might as well buy a Sky3DS as well. Unless you already have a Zelda OOT game cart.

By the time you have everything to install onto N3DS the 9.6 update should be out.

I would prefer to buy CN for $20 then fork out $80 for sky

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HE NEEDS ZELDA OOT for N3DS

Get your facts straight before responding.

Untitled.png

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold on here. You do not not need to be on latest emunand for online play.

Good to know. Most people say you need to be on the latest firmware but that would be great if you just need the latest patch.
The game must have the latest patch, but those can be downloaded if you know where to look.
it's that website :P

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So they're -NOT- using OOT anymore??? wtf?

Well, yeah, then get Ninja. But that's $20 down the tube to just install GW. At least you could use Sky3DS to run CN and then have it to use for AFTER install... but hey. Cheap as possible. I get it. Don't care if you're not getting bang for your buck.

Heck, with Sky3DS he'd have the option to OOT or CN. But it IS more expensive...

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well, yeah, then get Ninja. But that's $20 down the tube to just install GW. At least you could use Sky3DS to run CN and then have it to use for AFTER install... but hey. Cheap as possible. I get it. Don't care if you're not getting bang for your buck.

Heck, with Sky3DS he'd have the option to OOT or CN. But it IS more expensive...

I see it as Gateway+CN = same price as sky3ds.

Gateway throws in a free ds flashcart (use flashcart time warp to get it working)

Reactions: Margen67

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to know. Most people say you need to be on the latest firmware but that would be great if you just need the latest patch.
it's that website :P
I have not heard of this happening yet but I suppose Nintindo could make the patch require a newer FW. Not sure if that is possible or not.

Just remember the patch must be the same region as the game.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not heard of this happening yet but I suppose Nintindo could make the patch require a newer FW. Not sure if that is possible or not.

Just remember the patch must be the same region as the game.

If it's true then could users that have 4.5 play online without updating emunand if they install the update files through cia? I'm very curious now.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

The use both games with latest version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte