Weird question on Walmart return policy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have a question but because i'm new at this i was wondering if i could get some of your ideas in the web.
I want to rob a bank.
What's the best way for me to do this?

Your ideas are appreciated.
Thanks.
I don't see how is that related to this. Stealing a bank and returning a broken console are two different things.

imranh101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you are describing is a factory defective unit. That is why stores have 14-day return policies. You could call yours that if it had broken in the first two weeks. But it happened 11 months in.

You paid for your first device, yes. I am very proud of you for not outright stealing it. However, you broke it, and you have to pay for the consequences. The second device would be the free device to an undeserving person, ie. you, for breaking your first device.

You stated you have a job. Why not just do the honest thing and pay for the repair?
A PS Vita should not break from being in my pocket. That would indicate there was something awry in the manufacturing process. It was factory defective but took use to actually show the wear. You dont think this is possible? A delayed reaction to a factory defect is MORE than possible, if you don't believe it, you're a fucking retard.
Why not pay for the repair? As stated it was something wrong with the device. Nothing "smashed in to my pocket" while I had it, nor did I bend it or anything. IT was loosely in my pocket and somehow cracked. Not even the glass, you couldn't see a break, there were just streaks of color and shit so you could only see 1/4th of the screen. Something inside was probably weak ever since I bought it. I shouldn't have to pay for that to be fixed.

Engert

I love me
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how is that related to this. Stealing a bank and returning a broken console are two different things.

This question would fall under the category "Stupid Criminals get caught". That's where the relation is.
And boy, there are quite of few of them. Amazing actually. Google a few for a good laugh.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe the screen of his PSVita was faulty and the console doesn't break for itself unless it got a light push on his pocket, in which I doubt about it,

Also this ''my facetious remarks about stealing from old ladies?'' I wasn't quoting you on ''stealing old ladies'' I was quoting you on stealing rich companies, read better next time.

Anyways, if you like being pushed around by other people and you like paying almost the full price of a console to send the console to repair in which it still HAS GOT WARRANTY and it broke on a ACCIDENT then go ahead and give him 130$ so he can pay Sony to repair his console, if that gives you peace on mind.

BTW, he's returning it either you like it or not so your attempts to defend yourself using those ''stealing'' remarks are of no use.

I never said stealing from companies was okay. Please quote where you think I did that.

And accidental damage is exactly what isn't covered by the warranty. Warranty covers manufacturer defects, not a smashed screen. It would be like crashing a car and complaining when the car manufacturer doesn't give you a new car. You make a mistake, you have to pay for it. Life isn't about getting handouts.

PSP Vitas cost $250 with tax. $130 is just over half the cost of a new one. That is hardly full price, and I think it is a fair offer. Look at it this way. Sony isn't saying "Fuck you, you have to buy a new one", they're letting you get yours fixed for $120 less. Looks like $120 savings to me.

Reactions: chavosaur

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This question would fall under the category "Stupid Criminals get caught". That's where the relation is.
And boy, there are quite of few of them. Amazing actually. Google a few for a good laugh.
Oh I see, you probably never did something like that on your life, instead you are a saint and you are perfect.

Again, don't be a hypocrite please.

imranh101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If "stupid criminals got caught" there wouldnt be people returning RROD'd Xboxes, waterdamaged iPhones/iPods, and other broken shit every day because they'd see that people were getting caught and wouldn't do it.
How often have you heard of someone getting caught for returning defective merchandise? Oh that's right, never.
"Not possible to return waterdamaged iPhones/pods" you say? Think again, it's easy to get the orange off that paper.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's literally as simple as "Take better care of your shit". Literally. You fucked up and you plan to rip off Walmart to "fix" it because Sony charges too much for repairs? I hope you never have car trouble. Hate to see what kind of fraud you commit when you get that bill...

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Science is obviously just trolling so im gonna stop feeding him shit to troll, no one is that stupid, right....? i hope so. Anyway dude do what you gotta do Sony charged $600 for a PS3 when it came out and 50% of them failed same thing with the 360 even more so. Did they reimburse people? replace or fix? the systems for free? NO. You wanna be a sheep be a sheep.

imranh101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never said stealing from companies was okay. Please quote where you think I did that.

And accidental damage is exactly what isn't covered by the warranty. Warranty covers manufacturer defects, not a smashed screen. It would be like crashing a car and complaining when the car manufacturer doesn't give you a new car. You make a mistake, you have to pay for it. Life isn't about getting handouts.

PSP Vitas cost $250 with tax. $130 is just over half the cost of a new one. That is hardly full price, and I think it is a fair offer. Look at it this way. Sony isn't saying "Fuck you, you have to buy a new one", they're letting you get yours fixed for $120 less. Looks like $120 savings to me.
Soooo the Vita's manufacturing defect that caused the screen to break due to the force of gravity pulling it in my pocket is my fault? It was never dropped, thrown, or hit, nothing, it broke from BEING IN MY POCKET. If a car was sitting in your driveway and you were walking towards and all of a sudden the ENGINE FELL OUT AND THE WINDOWS SHATTERED you wouldn't be expected to pay for it, that's a manufacturing fault. Doesn't matter if it was a year after it was purchased, if it happened, it's not your fault. Same applies here. Anyways, it's about time for me to go to work, so no more time to argue with your dumb ass about something I already did. Unless you've got a time machine handy I'd say all your finger-energy was wasted.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A PS Vita should not break from being in my pocket. That would indicate there was something awry in the manufacturing process. It was factory defective but took use to actually show the wear. You dont think this is possible? A delayed reaction to a factory defect is MORE than possible, if you don't believe it, you're a fucking retard.
Why not pay for the repair? As stated it was something wrong with the device. Nothing "smashed in to my pocket" while I had it, nor did I bend it or anything. IT was loosely in my pocket and somehow cracked. Not even the glass, you couldn't see a break, there were just streaks of color and shit so you could only see 1/4th of the screen. Something inside was probably weak ever since I bought it. I shouldn't have to pay for that to be fixed.

How can you guarantee that Sony is at fault here? If it was a manufacturing defect, it would have shown up before. I had a Nintendo DS with a dead pixel out of the box. I returned it right away. Things don't just spontaneously break. It comes from user wear.

Anyways, there is no point in arguing with me. If you want to return it, go ahead and return it. I'm just here to play the moral good guy. You posted here because you were unsure about if it was the right thing to do. I am arguing that it isn't, while also defending myself against the others posting in here saying that "it is okay for us to steal from Sony, but not okay for them to steal from us" (despite the fact that Sony never stole from anyone in this thread). But you have the ultimate say. So do what you feel is right. I've said what I've needed to say.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Science is obviously just trolling so im gonna stop feeding him shit to troll, no one is that stupid, right....? i hope so. Anyway dude do what you gotta do Sony charged $600 for a PS3 when it came out and 50% of them failed same thing with the 360 even more so. Did they reimburse people? replace or fix? the systems for free? NO. You wanna be a sheep be a sheep.

Microsoft replaced systems for free. I had my original 360 RROD and got it fixed for free. When something major comes up, companies do recalls all the time.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-extending-360-warranty-to-three-years-6173633

Where is your source for 50% of PS3s failing? I highly doubt that number is accurate.

Also, do you expect things to last forever? Things break after time.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Anyways, there is no point in arguing with me. If you want to return it, go ahead and return it. I'm just here to play the moral good guy. You posted here because you were unsure about if it was the right thing to do. I am arguing that it isn't, while also defending myself against the others posting in here saying that "it is okay for us to steal from Sony, but not okay for them to steal from us" (despite the fact that Sony never stole from anyone in this thread). But you have the ultimate say. So do what you feel is right. I've said what I've needed to say.[/quote]

''I'm just here to play the moral good guy'' Yeah because you are perfect and you never EVER stole anything from anyone, not even a nickel.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Microsoft replaced systems for free. I had my original 360 RROD and got it fixed for free. When something major comes up, companies do recalls all the time.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-extending-360-warranty-to-three-years-6173633

Where is your source for 50% of PS3s failing? I highly doubt that number is accurate.

Also, do you expect things to last forever? Things break after time.
I know people who still have their NES and SNES systems after years and years, did it broke after time? No.

Just look for an AD online like craigslist or KIJIJI that fixes PS vita screens. Better then scamming.

And send the console so the person who is going to ''repair'' it never sends the console back?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL
Are you fucking KIDDING me?
He fucking broke in to someones house and stole shit.
Jesus you are fucking STUPID...
Getting more than a little defensive here, bud. Calling people "fucking retards" telling them they're "fucking STUPID"... The fact of the matter is...you've have the goddamned thing for 11 months. Who knows what you've done to it in that time. It's more likely the accumulated bouncing around in your pocket broke the screen than it is that there was some manufacturing defect that finally, after nearly a year, has shown itself... Justifying fraud by stating that other people get away with it is nearly as childish as namecalling on the internet.

Engert

I love me
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe i should ask my cousin Vinny about this but i was wondering what you guys think.
What if i crash my car intentionally with someone that i know so we can split the insurance money?
What do you guys think about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: