Weird ds save problems, and snes rom troubles..

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by juanramoz, Nov 9, 2009.

1. juanramoz
    OP

Newcomer juanramoz Member

United States
    Ok, sorry if this isn't the right place, but u am using acekard 2 (or maybe it's acekard RPG, since it says that on the menu) anyways, i've had my acekard for like 1 week, I originally had the official firmware but changed to akaio when I found i needed akaio for nesDS..

So, in a week I played new super Mario bros, scribblenauts and cooking mama..

2. geek_power

Newcomer geek_power Advanced Member

Canada
    Sorry double post.

3. geek_power

Canada
    Start / system options / advanced settings / save ext.

For a reason or another, this option was resetted. Just tell AKAIO which save extension you are using.

4. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    or u can change your sav extensions on your sav files

5. juanramoz
    OP

United States
    Omg! I freaked out for absolutely no reason!!! >:( also, I don't think it's physically possible that it was the defraggers fault.. It was probably me that changed the extension, last night before defraggin I was trying to get the r button to work, and I guess I changed some settings without knowing it!!

Okay, I forgot to add my other problem to my other post.. So I guess I'll just post it in this reply..

Im trying to play, donkey kong country 2 and yoshis island on snemulds, but both are giving me troubles! Dkc2 has a glitches up start, menu! And I think I changed some settings or something.. Okay, and the gameplay is somewhat glitchy, with items popping up (bananas) and I try to boot up yoshis island but it flashes white, then black screen with a smaller line at the bottom! Help! What do I have to do to get it working?

Or should I just make a different topic for this problem as not as many ppl will see it?

Also, sorry for writing a freaking essay in my first post.. But I wanted to be descriptive and get my problem fixed!

6. geek_power

Canada
    One thing is sure, though, never ask questions in a private message. Always ask them in the forum, so everyone can enjoy the answer.

For your second problem, just keep in mind that emulation can't be perfect, especially SNEmulDS which is far from perfection. For each game, just try to change any parameters until you get something playable.

Unfortunatly, I would be surprised if Yoshi's Island can work, because it is the only SNES game I was never able to play with SNES 9x on my PC, which is a very good emulator...

7. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    You can not and will not ever get Yoshi's Island working on SNemulDS as it uses the super fx chip.

8. juanramoz
    OP

United States
    Ok.. Sorry I just needed a quick reply because my sister is shutting down my Internet for the night >:( that's why I used the PM to contact you...

Anyways so the donkey kong 2 being glitchy is normal?

And the ds port of yoshis island will work?

9. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    This is why having 2 threads asking the same questions is a royal pain in the arse. I've answered one of your questions in the other thread. And read this thread about the DKC games. It's not about what you're asking but it does answer the question.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=189461

10. Sinistral89

Member Sinistral89 GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    BTW... you should never defrag... it hurts the card...