Hacking Weird AKAIO 1.5 issue

jmckutchin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been using AKAIO 1.5 just fine with a few weird hiccups. First, in the root of the SD there is a file called akload with a asian character after it (in OS X). In XP, it appears as AK2LO~1.

Today, I turned on my DS Lite to play Nostalgia, only to find my save was gone. My SD card had not left my DS since originally putting the game on there. When I checked my SD card, I noticed two odd things. First, Nostalgia.sav was named Nostalgia.savv. Second, there was an additional file called NOSTA~5.sav under XP. The file reads as 0 bytes.

Does anybody have a clue what's going on?

jmckutchin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's weird, because in OS X, it won't let me delete the files, but I can in XP. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Ran a chkdsk, no issues. Gonna reformat card and reload 1.5... I've already lost the save data for the game, though.

Black Sigil did the same thing. Except I loaded the SD card onto my computer first. Maybe it just really doesn't like OS X. Never had a problem until these two games (a few months apart), though.

jmckutchin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just checked my other games, and it looks like my save data for Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is also gone. The file is still there in the SD card, but when I start the game it acts as if my data is gone. I often see the "initializing data" screen when this happens, before the production title comes on.

Thoughts? Something defective? Has anyone ever had a similar problem?

PS: This problem has ocurred with other versions of AKAIO in the past. Not saying it's an AKAIO problem though. I just want to figure out what's going on.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
I would backup whatever saves/roms you want to keep, format the card with the panasonic formatter, redownload AKAIO, loaders, and whatever else and start all over.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Every time I have a problem (almost never, but the ones I have had are due to homebrew like Moonshell) or new firmware
smile.gif

jmckutchin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright then. I'll let you know how it goes.

One last question. In an AK2.1, what exactly does lastsave.ini do? I read the wiki for info, but it only had uses for the RPG. Thanks for your help.

Zeldo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do a chkdisk and make sure it is checking for bad sectors. Also, since you are saying it has ~1 appended to it, thats a DOS filename. Maybe the driver for your Mac is old and screwing up the files names... rename the kingdom hearts one to the full KH ROM name (-.nds+.sav) and see if your save comes back.

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
lastsave.ini
is a .ini file that save the AceKard option....
and, lastsave.ini has no problem with yours right now....
(i think
unsure.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end