Hardware Weird 3DS Aqua Blue front coating?

lawlcake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys... just wondering if anyone else is having this kind of weird coating on their Aqua Blue 3DS'. Check it out...

edit: click picture to enlarge

Is this normal? Anyone else havin' this too? Much appreciated!

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about a coating, but fuck yeah Cheetos (which is a word according to spell-check).

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
_Chaz_ said:
I don't know about a coating, but fuck yeah Cheetos (which is a word according to spell-check).
rofl.gif

_Chaz_, you never cease to amuse me.

lawlcake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
TwinRetro said:
I think he means the uneven/warped mirror finish, and in that case, yes. You will almost never see a perfect mirror finish on anything made of plastic.
Yes, this man has it correct. I was trying to think of the correct wording for it, but my vocabulary doesn't span a wide range of words, so "weird" was all I could think of. "warped" is the best way to put it. glad to know that it's at least normal to have it.

QUOTE(_Chaz_ @ Mar 29 2011, 01:11 AM) I don't know about a coating, but fuck yeah Cheetos (which is a word according to spell-check).
flamin' hot cheetos man! the fucken' SHIT

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
I think he means the uneven/warped mirror finish, and in that case, yes. You will almost never see a perfect mirror finish on anything made of plastic.
Mine doesn't have any warps.
smile.gif

I don't think it is supposed to have any.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
how_do_i_do_that said:
The top shell casing is clear, it is color coated on the inside not the outside. It is the same way with the black 3DS.

It is mostly noticable when you try and shine a light through the shell casing or the edges.
Yeah, it's almost as if the 3DS already came inside a crystal case.

ThriLL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R2DJ said:
how_do_i_do_that said:
The top shell casing is clear, it is color coated on the inside not the outside. It is the same way with the black 3DS.

It is mostly noticable when you try and shine a light through the shell casing or the edges.
Yeah, it's almost as if the 3DS already came inside a crystal case.

Which is bad since crystal cases tend to scratch up easily.
closedeyes.gif

For those interested, Bestskinsever and Zagg are finally selling the 3DS protective skins. Their products are great. Have been using it for my Touch, iPhone and other electronics. You keep the look of your system while protecting it at the same time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on