Weight loss - your thoughts?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
People like to make songs and dances about how eating veg and working out will get you thin - that's not necessarily true. If you want to drop some weight (and not necessarily "get buff" which is not the same thing), gradually cut carbs out of your diet - they're the primary energy source in an average diet and it's the excess unspent energy what leads your body to stock up on other nutrients, mainly fats. Don't go for a draconic diet - not only it won't work right, you'll also yoyo right back to where you were beforehand. You have to trick your body to switch from stockpiling fats to burning them and to do that, you need to lower your energy intake. Carbs aren't just sweets - it's also pastas, breads, sugars and a great number of vegetables, like potatos. Cut down on those and you'll cut down on your energy intake.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People like to make songs and dances about how eating veg and working out will get you thin - that's not necessarily true. If you want to drop some weight (and not necessarily "get buff" which is not the same thing), gradually cut carbs out of your diet - they're the primary energy source in an average diet and it's the excess unspent energy is what leads your body to stock up on other nutrients, mainly fats. Don't go for a draconic diet - not only it won't work right, you'll also yoyo right back to where you were beforehand. You have to trick your body to switch from stockpiling fats to burning them and to do that, you need to lower your energy intake. Carbs aren't just sweets - it's also pastas, breads, sugars and a great number of vegetables, like potatos. Cut down on those and you'll cut down on your energy intake.
This is very true. I've lost 30 lb over the past few months and I all I did was cut most of the carbs out of my diet.

Nanaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i started HIIT 23 days ago, also changed the way i eat drastically. lost 7kg so far. so i recommend it. i like how its easy to stick with and it doesn't make you feel like complete shit for hours after. i tried losing weight a year ago by just doing low intensity exercises for an hour a day, and that had pretty much no effect whatsoever.

What programm do you follow?
I'm going to start HIIT and I'm searching for a good one.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
...is it okay to laugh at people who want to lose weight, but have that mentality that weight loss is possible even if you start to eat more and move less? You know, like the kind of person with this kind of mindset: "I want to lose weight but eat twice my current portion size and move half as much as I currently do. My goal weight is [at least 100lbs less than current] and I want to meet my goal within five days."

Reactions: Deleted User

Hungry Friend

It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Foxi4 is right, I cut bread almost entirely out of my diet and it's helped a LOT. High protein+ eating one HUGE meal a day seems to be the only thing that works for me, but yeah veggies are mostly just fiber so they DO help, but if you try to only eat fibrous stuff without protein, you'll lose weight but you'll also lose a LOT of muscle and be hungry/miserable all the damn time. Eat lots of meat, namely white meat chicken and fish and drink lots of protein shakes, even if you're not trying to put on muscle. If you take in a lot of protein when dieting, you won't lose nearly as much muscle mass as you would just starving yourself. Protein also keep you full for a very long time compared to things like carbs, which is why high protein is so good for dieting.

You don't necessarily need to cut bread completely out, but seriously limit any kind of carbohydrates. For example I still eat gyros sometimes, including the pita bread.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes