GBAtemp Exclusive Weekend Discussion: What "dream game" would you want to see get announced?

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Aug 24, 2018.

1. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Psycho!

May 5, 2013
    United States
    I have no idea what you are trying to express here.

2. leafeon34

leafeon34 Expecto Patronum!

Sep 30, 2014
    United Kingdom
    AzkaBANNED.
    Paper Mario 64 HD and Donkey Kong Country SNES Trilogy HD

CaptainSodaPop likes this.
  3. Metoroid0

Metoroid0 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 2, 2012
    Japan
    SR388
    Vectorman remakes, remaster, sequels, prequels...its the only game i never saw again after vectorman 2 (i dont count recent android port or other port)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

metroid, yes!!!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

youre not the only

4. Jacklack3

Jacklack3 ( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here

Oct 6, 2015
    Canada
    In your basement Dick Size: 5 meters.
    Will never happen but if Little Big Planet 3 or a sequel were announced I would fucking LOVE that. That would easily be my top game without even playing it. lol

5. Glyptofane

Glyptofane Death Dealer

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    I didn't think there were other fans. Rival Schools and Project Justice were the shit! We played it all the time back when I had friends.

DS1 likes this.
  6. Torina

Torina GBAtemp Regular

Aug 26, 2018
    France
    C&C on Switch
    C&C on Switch
    C&C on Switch
    C&C on Switch
    C&C on Switch

Or even Starcraft, I'm not too picky :P

7. Vorde

Vorde GBAtemp Fan

Jul 8, 2015
    Canada
    As long as they were meticulous about the physics in Donkey Kong Country 1-3 I would be okay with it, but if they changed it like what happened with the Crash Bandicoot HD Trilogy, then I would likely not purchase it since I enjoy the mechanics on a speedrunning level

leafeon34 likes this.
  8. TheAutisticGamer

TheAutisticGamer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2017
    United States
    Switch Animal Crossing that is not amiibo festival

JavaScribe likes this.
  9. SSG Vegeta

SSG Vegeta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 25, 2013
    United States
    I enjoyed the voices in uprising the only thing I didn't like was having to use the touch screen to change direction I would've perferred a second analog stick instead.

10. Vorde

Vorde GBAtemp Fan

Jul 8, 2015
    Canada
    You know they released a secondary joystick for the 3DS that works with this game?

11. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    Not sure rather turn-base or action, but a Smash Bros rpg.

12. SSG Vegeta

SSG Vegeta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 25, 2013
    United States
    I meant when I owned the original 3DS I don't need that accessory now because I have a 2DS XL :rofl2:

Vorde likes this.
  13. DS1

DS1 伝説の雀士

Feb 18, 2009
    United States
    Yes!
    Every time I see one of these "what game do you want Capcom to announce" things, Rival Schools is always the favorite. Sadly I don't think they're capable of making another one. They all started in the arcades and had a big player base, then they added really in-depth single player modes to the console releases. Capcom seems to have completely forgotten what it means to make a fighting game good single player.

14. aofelix

aofelix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 21, 2013
    I'd love a One piece themed RPG which the mechanics of the anime but you as your own unique character. Open world RPG.

Otherwise I'd LOVE Nintendo to do any form of VR title. I just know they'd absolutely nail it and their charm and attention to detail would be beautiful.

15. The0919

The0919 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2017
    United States
    Behind you
    I mean

Half life 3

I guess would be kinda cool

16. DragorianSword

DragorianSword GBAtemp's #1 Gunter

Oct 31, 2008
    Belgium
    Well since our hopes for the continuation of the C&C franchise is pretty much destroyed with the announcement of that mobile abomination I sincerely doubt this will happen.
    Also RTS games really don't play well on consoles IMO, so IF it happens, I would rather have it on PC even though I barely play any games on my PC anymore.
    I have to admit that it has been a while since I tried an RTS on console, so if you have any tips for any that are actually good I would love to hear it.

17. JavaScribe

JavaScribe Confused

Apr 14, 2017
    United States
    here idk
    A remake or sequel or something to Solatorobo.
    That game was a hidden gem. Even if you thought it was mediocre, you still can't deny that it's underrated- that's how few copies they sold.

It wasn't absolutely stunning in any area in particular, but for a small studio, on such weak hardware, you have to admit they balanced quality pretty well. I personally really liked the detail they put into worldbuilding.

If we're throwing out an entirely crazy, unique idea, Google Earth but (with at the very least, famous landmarks and tourist spots) made into a videogame world and refined manually, complete with generated vegetation, structures that take building material into account, etc.
    Basically Planet Earth: The Game. But for real. And probably without NPC's, because that would take too much focus to make not terrible.
    You'd have to crowdsource something like that if you really wanted an amazing product.
    Some day, I'd love to make that. Open for anyone to contribute to (with a plethora of moderation tools of course) and open to use data from. You couldn't commercialize something like that, but it would be an amazing feat of technology, and it would allow you to explore the physical world without ever leaving your own home.
    And of course you'd have VR support.

Last edited by JavaScribe, Aug 28, 2018
  18. CaptainSodaPop

CaptainSodaPop GBAtemp Regular

Aug 10, 2012
    Croatia
    I've listened to RR Type 4 Soundtrack today and it got me thinking... "Hey I'd like to see a HD remaster of this game.:O"

Anyone feel the same?

19. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Addict

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    a good 3d open world castlevania that is the vein of BOTW

similar to Simons quest but good ,maybe a 3d open world lose remake of Simons quest
    replace shines with mansions only have them much bigger and extensive , keep the castle , keep the horrible night for a curse/ blood moon day and night system

more towns than BOTW though