GBAtemp Exclusive Weekend Discussion: What "dream game" would you want to see get announced?

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Aug 24, 2018.

Front-page GBAtemp Exclusive
    review_banffner_base_new.

The gaming industry outputs hundreds upon thousands of games each year, with all sorts of different varieties of genres and concepts to choose from. Selections such as AAA major title entries, niche lesser-known games, independent games, and everything in between. With so many options, there's bound to be something that every person can wholeheartedly enjoy. This brings about the question of what game you love the most, and what remake, sequel, revival, or revolutionary creation you'd want to see in the future. In the past few years, we've seen quite the number of hard to believe reveals, ranging from the remake of the beloved Final Fantasy VII, a spiritual successor to Castlevania: SOTN, a sequel to Rockstar's Red Dead Redemption, a long-awaited revival of the Shenmue series, a tease for Elder Scrolls VI, a new title from The Witcher devs: Cyberpunk 2077, Kingdom Hearts III, the announcement of Metroid Prime 4, a new Smash Bros., and so many more.

Does this future lineup sate your desires, or is there something you long to see get announced at one of the many gaming trade shows, like E3, Gamescom, or Tokyo Game Show? Perhaps an ancient JRPG series that you want to finally get a western release? Or maybe something that could no longer be created, due to the developers having shut down, but still a game you'd still want to see happen one day, despite the odds? A franchise buried by years past, ignored by its IP owner? Even worse, a series that was once great, yet fell from grace, that you want to see returned to its former glory?

Even with so many games releasing per year, that doesn't mean the well of ideas is dry, either. There could be an idea for a game that you've had for ages, but has never come close to being a real game. What are your thoughts? Is there a specific idea or game that would make your dreams come true, if it were to be announced? Let us know in the comments below!

DarthDub, T-hug, KingVamp and 6 others like this.
    Discussion (258 replies)
  1. Mnecraft368

Mnecraft368 I hate my name.

Aug 8, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Animal Crossing for the Switch
    All I need. Even if its a new leaf port, I just want an Animal Crossing game on my Switch.

Pretty disappointed for this years lineup of games. Other than Pokemon, I cant think of much on the top of my head that I really want this year.

Last edited by Mnecraft368, Aug 25, 2018
  2. bi388

bi388 GBAtemp Maniac

May 29, 2015
    United States
    A new 2d metroid in the style of super metroid and zero mission

GuyInDogSuit, RobXcore and lytro like this.
  3. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. It's actually getting around that time, if previous trends continue.

4. Vieela

Vieela GBATemp's official thinker™

Jan 18, 2017
    Brazil
    There are many. The Sims 4 for the Switch i think (though it's confirmed they won't do it), Animal Crossing for the Switch, a new Rayman game, perhaps a new (not a port) New Super Mario Bros., a sequel for Elite Beat Agents, an Assassin's Creed for the Switch, a GTA game for the Switch (any GTA game, really), a sequel to Okami and definetly a new Dig Dug game. There are some more, but these are the main ones.

Chary and Mnecraft368 like this.
  5. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Senior Editor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Something that darn well better be coming: Animal Crossing: Switch

Something that will likely not happen due to developers being busy on other projects: A new Mario Strikers

Something personally cool: An WRPG (think, Fallout) set in Texas, or perhaps more specifically, Houston.

Pipe dream: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game as good as Sky, Rune Factory 5, an Obsidian/Black Isle Fallout game, Budokai Tenkaichi 4

6. Frederica Bernkastel

Frederica Bernkastel GBAtemp Psycho!

GBAtemp Patron
    Frederica Bernkastel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 31, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Hinamizawa
    • Deus Ex: Denton Dance Party
    • Untitled Advance Wars Sequel
    • Ghost Trick 2: The Italian Plumber
    • Metroid Dread
    • The World Ends With You 2: Let's Take The JR Outside Of Shibuya Deluxe Edition
    • Portal 3: Black Mesa

7. Lazyboss

Lazyboss GBAtemp Fan

Sep 26, 2017
    United Arab Emirates
    Final Fantasy VII Remake, I guess my grandchildren may have a chance.

kikongokiller and WhiteMaze like this.
  8. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ definitely not Lilith

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    This^
    We need another Pokemon MD game because they are amazing

GamingAori, KingBlank and evandixon like this.
  9. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    A brand new 3rd party game for Nintendo Switch is all I want. No more ported over at all!

Vieela likes this.
  10. Vieela

Vieela GBATemp's official thinker™

Jan 18, 2017
    Brazil
    There some more too: A new Cooking Mama game with perhaps some more depth to it? Like a restaurant management or something. A new Luigi's Mansion, DEFINETLY a new Ace Attorney game (i can't wait for a Switch one, and i don't even have a Switch, yet...) a new Wario Land, a new Wario Ware, a new Donkey Kong Country (again, not a port, an actual new game) and a new Mario Kart (9).

Mnecraft368 likes this.
  11. CrazyMaxx

CrazyMaxx GAMER

Nov 13, 2015
    Germany
    A sequel to Mario Sunshine
    and
    Tenkaichi 4 or a Tenkaichi hd Remake for switch

12. Paiuand

Paiuand GBAtemp Fan

Aug 24, 2015
    Iraq
    A new Mario and Luigi RPG.

13. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Missy

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Glasgow
    I know I will be the only person to say this but I would love to see a new Super Princess Peach game come out for the switch.

Metoroid0 and DarkDengar like this.
  14. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    An actual Emerald remake.

15. RattletraPM

RattletraPM GBATemp's official 蒸気イーブイ

pip Reporter
    Jan 18, 2017
    Italy
    Shinjuku Station
    Easy choices for me:
    • A new Earthbound/Mother game
    • An actually good Amnesia sequel (but I have to admit: even if it was more like a spiritual successor, SOMA was great)
    • Fallout New Vegas 2
    • Half-Life 3 (yeah, I'll keep dreaming)

Metoroid0, ClickCLK and Stephano like this.
  16. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    A VR battle royale? Would really be entertaining to watch, not so much for me personally to play.

17. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    Could ARMS Battle Royale work?

18. AlanJohn

AlanJohn くたばれ

GBAtemp Patron
    AlanJohn is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2011
    Ukraine
    Canada,New Jersey
    Portal 3 Black Mesa? What? Black Mesa was nuked. That would be a stupid subtitle. I agree with Metroid 5 though.
    My dream games are:
    1. Half Life 3 (obviously)
    2. Mother 4: Porky's Revenge
    3. Bioshock: Gone Home 2
    4. Ghost Trick: Sausage Head Origins
    5. Chrono Trigger 2: The Real Sequel
    6. Rocksteady's Superman game

SSG Vegeta and Flame like this.
  19. Vorde

Vorde GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2015
    Canada
    If I'm being unrealistic, then I would say Super Smash Bros Melee HD for Switch. If I was being realistic, then I would say another 2D side scrolling Metroid game like Fusion and Zero Mission. Those games were fantastic, and I found that something was lost when they went to 3D imo.

Metoroid0 and SSG Vegeta like this.