RELEASE WebUI - A web Interface for Lan-Play

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by HotdogWithMustard, Jan 12, 2019.

Front-page RELEASE
    Hello everyone, I'm here to share a project that I've been working on for a while, WebUI, a web interface for Lan-Play.

Screenshot.

Features
    :
    • Ability to add custom servers.
    • Ability to change port. (Defaults to 80)
    • Easy to use.
    • Open source.
    • View and connect to servers across multiple devices. (A smart phone, for example.)
    Setup:
    1. Launch WebUI via the precompiled binary or through the AutoHotKey script.
    2. Select the Lan-Play client binary. (lan-play-win32.exe or lan-play-win64.exe)
    3. Select your network interface. (The one you use normally use with Lan-Play)
    You should now see a new tray icon, you can hover over it to see the current status, double click to launch the UI, and right click for additional options.

Additional Notes:

I'm unable to provide a download link due to new account restrictions.
    You can find the download in the GBAtemp download center under Tools & Utilities.

This project is a WIP, It's written in AutoHotKey and originally was never intended to be released.
    (Yes, I know the name kinda sucks, I'm bad with naming things.)

If you have any issues with it or have some suggestions, feel free to post them below and I'll respond whenever I can. Enjoy. :)

:arrow: Download WebUI

Discussion (12 replies)
  1. TR_mahmutpek

TR_mahmutpek medic

Jul 28, 2015
    Turkey
    Noice

2. CORE

CORE GBAtemp Regular

Jul 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Looks Good

3. a9lh-1user

a9lh-1user Newbie

HotdogWithMustard and lgnmcrules like this.
  4. Orangy57

Orangy57 bruh

Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    lan-play fr fell off once they got rid of the new york server tho

Every server i can connect to now has about 70ms or more ping, when that server had 18ms and tons of players

SaffronXL likes this.
  5. Gee19

Gee19 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2018
    Canada
    I should have a new york server up in the next few days. I'll try and grab a nice domain too.

Orangy57 likes this.
  6. Keylogger

Keylogger GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2006
    France
    Nice! Thanks
    Is it possible to add how many players there are for a specific game?

I mean there is 8 players in a room but how many are on Mario Kart, how many on smash bros,... etc...

7. HotdogWithMustard
    OP

HotdogWithMustard Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2019
    United States
    Unfortunately no, the servers only report the total online count and the server version. :(

Keylogger likes this.
  8. Xabring

Xabring GBAtemp Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    Mexico
    Somewhere, Earth.
    so you can use this one with, for example, two legit switches, playing smash bros on the "local" mode?
    or how do you use your switch?

9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Smash isn't supported by LAN play by itself. Smash uses local wireless, not LAN, to communicate locally so you would need the idn_mitm.kip enabled to suppress the local wireless signal and have it use LAN instead. This means both parties need CFW since you can't load that kip without it (SX OS comes with it built-in but you would need to pay for the license while the other CFW are completely free). Once everyone is using CFW and idn_mitm.kip, you can use the local wireless feature of Smash to play with anyone across the globe, after you configured the proper IP addresses and other settings required for LAN play.

Xabring likes this.
  10. Xabring

Xabring GBAtemp Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    Mexico
    Somewhere, Earth.
    Oh, I see, I must take that into acount, thanks for the info!

Draxzelex likes this.
  11. Limoon

Limoon Newbie

Newcomer
    Thursday
    Turkey
    im a lemon
    so you can use this to create private servers in a way?

12. HotdogWithMustard
    OP

HotdogWithMustard Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2019
    United States
    No, this is essentially a browser based GUI. If you want to host your own server you should check out the Lan-Play GitHub repo, it has instructions on how to do it in the README.

Limoon likes this.