Hacking WD My Book Essential 500Gb Setup Help Plz!!!

outcast22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot get WBFS Manager or USB Loader GX to format my MY Book Essential 500gb HDD. I used this to try to remove/disable WD Smartware. But when I try to format with WBFS Manager, I keep getting an "Error Occured" message. USB Loader doesnt even see that its connected. Running out of ideas. Anyone? Thanks in advance.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I doubt a security program it since you accessed it before.

Maybe it is damaged because of bad sectors and or other things.

Can your computer see it when it is plugged in? Can you remove the usb cord and use another? Did you get a security update that may block it?
Can you get a replacement just in case it is a bad sector or something worse?

outcast22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ddetkowski said:
google FAT32 GUI Formatter
Thanks. Think it worked:))

UPDATE: Good news got HDD to be noticed by WBFS Manager. Bad news USB Loader GX still does not see a connection to the external harddrive. Any more ideas plz.

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried a different usb loader? Most of all the issues with loaders I see pop up somewhere mention using GX.

outcast22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KiiNG said:
Have you tried a different usb loader? Most of all the issues with loaders I see pop up somewhere mention using GX.
Have Usb Loader and GX installed. Still get the same message.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
dude, keep the drive formatted as fat32 (after using the fat32 gui formatter), then use wiibackupmanager to transfer your games to your fat32 hard drive (stop trying to format it as wbfs, just keep using fat32).

I recommend using configurable usb-loader instead of usb-loader gx, make sure u are using wanin's cIOSs rev18 or higher to launch off of FAT32 (or hermes v4 and higher)

If you have more questions, before asking them try using ModMii's usb-loader setup feature/guide to help u out (see my signature), just select the recommended options (HDD formatted as 100% FAT32 and config files saved to USB)

outcast22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
dude, keep the drive formatted as fat32 (after using the fat32 gui formatter), then use wiibackupmanager to transfer your games to your fat32 hard drive (stop trying to format it as wbfs, just keep using fat32).

I recommend using configurable usb-loader instead of usb-loader gx, make sure u are using wanin's cIOSs rev18 or higher to launch off of FAT32 (or hermes v4 and higher)

If you have more questions, before asking them try using ModMii's usb-loader setup feature/guide to help u out (see my signature), just select the recommended options (HDD formatted as 100% FAT32 and config files saved to USB)
Used Modmii to hack this wii(Thanks by the way). Thats how I got the other usb loader.Will I lose anything with the hack going back to use usb-loader setup?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
no u will not lose anything ever by using modmii (the only exception is u will lose darkcorp when the ModMii Wizard updates your IOSs, but this can be disbaled in ModMii's options).

Run the usb-loader setup guide (which btw does not involve making any changes to your wii, all that was already done when you followed your ModMii Wizard Guide), select the recommended options (HDD formatted as 100% FAT32 and config files saved to USB) and follow the guide. If you have problems after that, you cost post it here or in the modmii thread.

Good luck!

outcast22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
no u will not lose anything ever by using modmii (the only exception is u will lose darkcorp when the ModMii Wizard updates your IOSs, but this can be disbaled in ModMii's options).

Run the usb-loader setup guide (which btw does not involve making any changes to your wii, all that was already done when you followed your ModMii Wizard Guide), select the recommended options (HDD formatted as 100% FAT32 and config files saved to USB) and follow the guide. If you have problems after that, you cost post it here or in the modmii thread.

Good luck!
Cool, got CFG loader to work! Problem now is I can't get a Channel Forwarder to work. None of them work. Keep getting a Ticket -2011 and a message that says I did not complete. Need a Channel cause kids don't need to be in HBC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay