WD My Book Essential 500Gb Setup Help Plz!!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by outcast22, Oct 5, 2010.

Oct 5, 2010
  1. outcast22
    OP

Newcomer outcast22 Advanced Member

United States
    I cannot get WBFS Manager or USB Loader GX to format my MY Book Essential 500gb HDD. I used this to try to remove/disable WD Smartware. But when I try to format with WBFS Manager, I keep getting an "Error Occured" message. USB Loader doesnt even see that its connected. Running out of ideas. Anyone? Thanks in advance.

2. Rasas

Banned Rasas Banned

United States
    Well I doubt a security program it since you accessed it before.

Maybe it is damaged because of bad sectors and or other things.

Can your computer see it when it is plugged in? Can you remove the usb cord and use another? Did you get a security update that may block it?
    Can you get a replacement just in case it is a bad sector or something worse?

3. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    google FAT32 GUI Formatter

4. outcast22
    OP

United States
    Thanks. Think it worked:))

UPDATE: Good news got HDD to be noticed by WBFS Manager. Bad news USB Loader GX still does not see a connection to the external harddrive. Any more ideas plz.

5. KiiNG

Member KiiNG GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Have you tried a different usb loader? Most of all the issues with loaders I see pop up somewhere mention using GX.

6. outcast22
    OP

United States
    Have Usb Loader and GX installed. Still get the same message.

7. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    dude, keep the drive formatted as fat32 (after using the fat32 gui formatter), then use wiibackupmanager to transfer your games to your fat32 hard drive (stop trying to format it as wbfs, just keep using fat32).

I recommend using configurable usb-loader instead of usb-loader gx, make sure u are using wanin's cIOSs rev18 or higher to launch off of FAT32 (or hermes v4 and higher)

If you have more questions, before asking them try using ModMii's usb-loader setup feature/guide to help u out (see my signature), just select the recommended options (HDD formatted as 100% FAT32 and config files saved to USB)

8. outcast22
    OP

United States
    Used Modmii to hack this wii(Thanks by the way). Thats how I got the other usb loader.Will I lose anything with the hack going back to use usb-loader setup?

9. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    no u will not lose anything ever by using modmii (the only exception is u will lose darkcorp when the ModMii Wizard updates your IOSs, but this can be disbaled in ModMii's options).

Run the usb-loader setup guide (which btw does not involve making any changes to your wii, all that was already done when you followed your ModMii Wizard Guide), select the recommended options (HDD formatted as 100% FAT32 and config files saved to USB) and follow the guide. If you have problems after that, you cost post it here or in the modmii thread.

Good luck!

10. outcast22
    OP

United States
    Cool, got CFG loader to work! Problem now is I can't get a Channel Forwarder to work. None of them work. Keep getting a Ticket -2011 and a message that says I did not complete. Need a Channel cause kids don't need to be in HBC.

11. cruznik71450

Member cruznik71450 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have the same one. You just have to plug it into a computer and unlock it. Then plug it into wii after.

12. outcast22
    OP

United States
    Think I'm passed that problem but how'd u unlock it?