WD Elements 1.5TB problems with isoloaders

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by badbulll, Dec 21, 2009.

Dec 21, 2009
  1. badbulll
    OP

Newcomer badbulll Newbie

Slovenia
    I deleted original 1.5TB NTFS partition and made 2 partitions:
    - first one is 10GB FAT32 formatted, for WAD files etc.
    - the second one is 1.4TB UNFORMATTED, I used WBFS manager 3.0 to format it in WBFS file system.
    I copied few games to WBFS partition to try it out. My Wii (softmod) recognises HDD without any problems, I use Wiiflow for running games. Wiiflow lists/shows all games perfectly, with covers and everything. The only problem is when runing those games! When I select any game, Wii reboots back to system menu. NeoGamma R8 beta 14 reports DVD Error when trying to run a game from USB device!??

When I use same combination of HDD prepare (formating, WBFS, copying games...) on my WD 1 TB Elements drive, everything works fine!!!

Now I know Wii has some problems with different HDDs but both drives are almost the same, both are WD Elements, same MFG, only size is different [​IMG] I would understand if Wii wouldnt recognise 1.5TB drive at all, but it does. Would it make any difference if I'd pre-format WBFS partition as FAT32, then format it to WBFS? Or is there any other trick to this?

2. Falco20019

Newcomer Falco20019 Advanced Member

Germany
    what cios rev do you use, try starting with usbloader gx

had the same problem with rev15 and wiiflow. rev14 works fine for me.

3. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    What cIOS do you have/use?

Also, a 1.4TB partition is a bit big for just games, no?
    Try smaller partitions and make sure they are primary (and make the WBFS one active)

4. badbulll
    OP

Newcomer badbulll Newbie

Slovenia
    I use CiOS 38 rev 14. I want to use 1.5TB hard drive because I want extra space for adding new games on Wii.
    Is it possible to make 2x 700GB partitions and use them both on Wiiflow???

The problem is not HDD not being recognised but not being able to run games!