Hacking WBFS Windows Gui

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried it and what I experienced was, that it doesn`t matter which button I push there appears a dos-window, which says "WBFS is either misspelled or could not be found"... Does anybody know what mistake I make... I just set the drive letter from my HDD, which I already formated via the Wii, and choose my .iso and then when I push "add iso" this window comes up...

Maximillion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FenrirWolf said:
Well, now that I've figured it out it seems to be running just fine. I copied my Twilight Princess dump from my WBFS partition to my computer and the command prompt window didn't go away and said the ISO was only 48% done until I closed the thing. But I launched the resulting ISO in Dolphin to test it and it seems to have worked, so I don't know what that was about.

well the actuall command prompt bit wasnt anything I made I just made the gui to run the commands, but i suppose it dint update itself and the windows dont close automaticly, cause i thought it was annoying if you dint read everything heh

Posts merged

@ Master mo

Just remove the space in the folder name and it should work correctly il fix it when I have time

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is the shit!!!! thanks Maximillion
grog.gif
even if i dump the game to my computer it way faster than doing it on the wii. to dump the game took me 5min. to transfer to wii hdd 2min. when i do it on the wii 20 to 30 min. so thanks Maximillion for this!!!
hrth.gif

download the file.
extract folder to c: (make sure you dont have any spaces on folder name)
run program.
drive letter: pick the drive letter for the hdd your going to put the game in.
iso: pick the iso you want.
then just hit add iso

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nice app. Too bad it's of no practical use to me.
I have an old computer. Just USB 1.1. So dumping to SD is terribly slow, it goes faster on Wii for me
tongue.gif

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is help for those that can't get it going

Thanks MAX for the gui.

http://www.yafaze.com/wii/Wii_PC_Tool.exe

Just click on the .exe and install to where it says.

It'll make a shortcut on your Desktop and then it'll work for anyone that had issues.

Cheers
Kongs

P.s Right click on the desktop shortcut, go properties and then change icon and change it to this (download first)

http://www.yafaze.com/wii/Wii.ico

Make a ISO folder in C: so C:\ISO and put your iso files in there.............100% works after this (no spaces in iso names) eg, Call Of Duty.iso needs to be Call_Of_Duty.iso

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,

I have extracted this to the c drive but when i run it and select "drive space info" i get a command line like "C:\WBFS is not reconized as an interalor external command.
Can someone please help me?
This happens on every icon i select.

Cheers

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
Bladexdsl said:
what if your games are on discs how do you get the iso off them? can this program rip them?

create an iso from the disc with imgburn

That won't work if he's talking about originals (unless he has one of those fancy drives that reads WODs). What you should do is dump your discs using the USB Loader in the Wii.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok if i have a 320gb hdd what partition size should i create on it to be able to transfer iso over?

Posts merged

FenrirWolf said:
kedest said:
Bladexdsl said:
what if your games are on discs how do you get the iso off them? can this program rip them?

create an iso from the disc with imgburn

That won't work if he's talking about originals (unless he has one of those fancy drives that reads WODs). What you should do is dump your discs using the USB Loader in the Wii.

dude i only have 1 original wii game...wii sports!
biggrin.gif

DrOMFG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im kinda confused about all new usb stuff being released these days. so this WBFS thing allows you to put iso files on ur USB/external hd thing. without having to put an original copy of the game in ur wii to copy it on the external hd?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
DrOMFG said:
Im kinda confused about all new usb stuff being released these days. so this WBFS thing allows you to put iso files on ur USB/external hd thing. without having to put an original copy of the game in ur wii to copy it on the external hd?

That's what it does indeed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare