WBFS Manager 3.0

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by AlexDP, Apr 29, 2009.

Apr 29, 2009

WBFS Manager 3.0 by AlexDP at 1:04 PM (25,751 Views / 0 Likes) 92 replies

1. AlexDP
    OP

Member AlexDP GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    WBFS Manager 3.0 Released
    The final release of WBFS Manager is now available here at http://wbfsmanager.codeplex.com/Release/Pr...ReleaseId=26808. The source code is also now available at the same location (It would be much appreciated if any derivative work retained the donation links and references to the main download site on CodePlex). The released installer has two missing lines from the Italian translation and some missing text from the Chinese version that will be released in short order.

This will be the last major release of WBFS Manager, at least for the next few months. I will make any quick fixes that may be necessary but will be discontinuing active work on the project.

As such I’d like to thank everyone for the great support they showed and the positive feedback from most sceners. It was through your great support that this project was made possible and is now the fourth most downloaded project on CodePlex (in the past 7 days).

I'd like to thank everyone who helped in this project, the donors, the translators, the beta testers and of course the main reasons this was possible, Team Twiizers and Waninkoko. I'd also like to thank RedSquirrel who helped get things going for the Channel Creation feature.

Translators:

French, courtesy of TheCrach
    Italian and Perugino, courtesty of cerocca
    German, courtesy of BarbaxX
    Spanish, courtesy of dgtor
    Dutch, courtesy of villadelfia
    Chinese (Traditional), courtesy of IvanChen

Beta Testers:

TroyTheZombie, BIG MOE, the ripper, cwstjdenobs, lavamasta, Wiinie, buby78, zidane_genome, w10a6.

Changes (3.0):
    • Added Channel Creation support. (Disabled by default, to enable go to Options->Channel Creation and Enable. Follow the instructions provided below.)
    • Added the option to save different partitions of the Wii disc when adding the disc to the WBFS drive. (Options menu, Advanced tab, "Partiitons to Keep").
    • Added "Large Cover View"s, which are two side panels that display the cover for the currently selected item.
    • Added Automatically Check for Updates option (Requires Internet access, can be disabled).
    • Added the option to cancel batch operations (cancellation occurs as soon as the current item is finished).
    • Added drive status indicator under the left-hand list, blue shows amount of used space, green shows amount of used space after adding all entries from the "Games To Add" list.
    • Added Help menu option.
    • Added direct drive-to-drive copying for drive's with similar sector sizes. Drive-To-Drive copying will now first check if it's possible to do direct copying, if not it will revert to indirect copying.
    Fixes (3.0):
    • Now automatically requests to Run as Administrator.
    • Fixed the estimated size being wrong for some games.
    • Fixed an issue with CSV files being exported incorrectly sometimes.
    • Save expander states, so the user doesn't have to keep re-opening them each time.
    • Fixed Homebrew Channel creation. (Now using WiiCrazy's USB Loader DOL instead of Yal).
    • Fixed an issue with the "Estimated Total Size" not updating correctly when games were removed from the right-hand list.
    • Now checks the filesystem type of a drive before loading to make sure it's not NTFS, FAT or ext.
    • Fixed an issue with games with ":" or other special characters causing issues during batch extraction.
    • Fixed issue with game regions showing up incorrectly in initial 2.5 release.
    • Fixed issue with RAR files in subfolders not being detected during drag and drop operations.
    • Removed thousandth of a seconds from elapsed time in progress bar.
    • Fixed mislabled blocks status (was Blocks Used, should be Blocks Free).
    • Fixed some other minor issues.
    • Changed installer (now prompts for .NET 3.5 SP1 before installing, also gives options for installing langauges, etc).
    Channel Creation notes:

WARNING:
    Exercise caution when using any channel files from any source as they may result in a banner brick. It’s recommended that you have preloader or some other form of banner brick protection on your Wii before using custom Channels. It’s much safer to use Hombrew Channel entries (which have been fixed in this version). Only create System Menu channels if you know what your doing!

I will not be held responsible for any damage caused to your console as a result of channel creation (or any other use of this software).

Instructions
    • To enable channel creation, go to Edit->Options and click on the Channel Creation tab. Then specify the base WAD file that you want to use, the location of the common-key.bin file, as well as the loader that you want to use. Click OK to confirm the changes.
    • Once channel creation has been enabled, you can choose one or more entries on the Games To Add list then click "Create Channels" (or right click and choose "Create Channels").
    • If you choose multiple entries, you will be asked to choose a folder to save the WAD files in and a batch creation process will begin.
    • If you choose a single entry, you will be prompted for the 4 letter Channel ID you want to use and where you want to save the file.
    • Be careful with the Channel IDs you choose, if you have an existing channel with the same ID, it will be overwritten when you install the channel.
    • If you want, you can specify a USB loader DOL file other than the packaged presets. To do this, fill in the "USB Loader DOL File" setting with the DOL file you want to use, then type in the placeholder title ID in the "Title ID Placeholder" field, then click OK to confirm the changes.
    • A base WAD is not included with this application, you must supply your own. It is best to use a WAD file that belongs to a channel and one that is the same region as your console.
    • The common-key.bin file is not included with this application, you must supply the common-key.bin file.
    Requirements
    .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (the installer will prompt you to automatically download and install it if you don't already have it.)

Supported Operating Systems
    • Windows Vista (tested thoroughly. May need to "Run as Administrator" depending on user's settings and UAC settings).
    • Windows 7 (tested and working. May need to "Run as Administrator" depending on user's settings and UAC settings).
    • Windows XP (tested by a few other users, should work fine.)
    Screenshot
    [​IMG]

2. Scolor

Member Scolor GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    This is awesome!!

Thanks!! [​IMG]

3. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    The wait was worth it. Awesome app Alex.

4. Linuks

Member Linuks GBAtemp Regular

France
    I don't see any download link for 3.0, just for 2.5... [​IMG]

5. AlexDP
    OP

Italy
    Took a bit longer than I expected for it to show up on the download page, sorry. It should be available now.

6. quber

Newcomer quber Member

United States
    Thanks for this Alex, will be grabbing it as soon as I get home tonight

7. AlexDP
    OP

Italy
    I feel I should clarify that I won't be working on any other projects either for the time being, mostly because I need to focus on my own work now after about a month of this [​IMG] That and I never got a chance to play that last level in RE5 becuase of this [​IMG]
    Work on wbfs+ never really kicked off as the interest died down rather quickly, but if work on that starts again I will try to contribute.
    Thanks again everyone.

8. Linuks

Member Linuks GBAtemp Regular

France
    No problem [​IMG]
    Thanks for the release [​IMG]

9. Monkey D. Luffy

Newcomer Monkey D. Luffy Member

France
    Thank You

This is the best GUI Utility !

10. Nds Boy

Newcomer Nds Boy Member

United Kingdom
    Does this release transfer game in similar manner to Wanikoko 1.5? as in it transfers the channel as well as the virtual thing?

11. xem1x

Member xem1x GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thank you for this. Much appreciated.

12. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Looking great, I'll try it later!
    Thanks for all the hard work!

13. AlexDP
    OP

Italy
    Theres now an option that allows you to choose which channels to copy. Just go to the Advanced tab in the options menu and choose the option you want in the "Partitions to Keep" dropdown menu.

14. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada

RE5? 360 or PS3?

If its 360, feel free to add me. My name there is the same as here.

15. Tetsuo Shima

Member Tetsuo Shima GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    italians do it better! [​IMG]
    This is pure awesomeness, thanks for your hard work.

Grazie Alex, mi fai sentire orgoglioso di essere italiano (non capita spesso) [​IMG]

16. Jovis36

Newcomer Jovis36 Member

United States
    Thanks Alex for taking the time to make this..its awesome!

17. m-tek

Member m-tek GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    good job!!!

If only it had .ciso extraction....

18. Adr990

Member Adr990 To boldly go where no man has gone before!

Netherlands
    Code:
    ---------------------------
    Unexpected Error
    An unexpected channel creation error occurred. Please send the following information to the application developer at wbfsmanager@gmail.com (You can copy this text by pressing Ctrl+C or use the log file in the installation directory (must Run as Administrator in Vista+)): Version 3.0.0.0, OS: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Message: Poging tot het lezen of schrijven van beveiligd geheugen. Dit duidt er vaak op dat ander geheugen is beschadigd. 
    Stack trace:ÂÂÂÂbij ChannelCreationWrapper.ChannelCreationWrapper.ExtractOpeningBnr(StringBuilder isoFileName, StringBuilder pathToKey, StringBuilder targetFilename)

ÂÂ bij ChannelCreationWrapper.ChannelCreationWrapper.CreateChannel(String pathToIso, String pathToWad, String pathToBootDol, String dolOrigDiscId, String pathToCommonKey, String discId, String newChanId, String outputFolder, String outputWadFilename)

ÂÂ bij WBFSManager.MainWindow.CreateChannel(IList entriesToCreateFor, String outputPath, String channelId, BackgroundWorker worker)
    Details: C:\Documents and Settings\Gebruiker\Mijn documenten\base.wad C:\Program Files\WBFS\WBFS Manager 3.0\Channels\WiiCrazy15\USBL15USB.dol CRAPPY C:\Documents and Settings\Gebruiker\Mijn documenten\common-key.bin UZDE C:\Documents and Settings\Gebruiker\Mijn documenten\WBFSTemp\ChanTemp C:\Documents and Settings\Gebruiker\Bureaublad\ZeldaE3DemoChan.wad
    OKÂÂ 
    I got this error making a channel of Zelda E3 Demo game (Wii) [​IMG]

Playing the game trough USB Loader works...
    Making a channel of it giving me this error.

How to fix? [​IMG]

Also,
    Thanks for this awesome update! [​IMG]

19. wiiman123

Member wiiman123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand

20. ToneEQ

Member ToneEQ GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Nice app, have been looking forward to this update!

Thanks! [​IMG]

EDIT

I also updated the WBFS Manager List Wiki for you, hope that's OK. Your version has the most green Yes boxes on the page, congrats!