Hacking WBFS Manager 3.0.1 x86 Fatal error

r3dcat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been using WBFS Manager 3.0.1 on WinXP SP3 for a while now with no problem but recently I have started getting a fatal error every time I try running 3.0.1 and I have no idea why ???

I have installed WBFS Manager 3.0 and that runs ok but I would prefer to run WBFS Manager 3.0.1 ... any ideas anyone ???

This is the error log below:

Fatal error occurred. Please send the following information to the application developer at [email protected] (You can copy this text by pressing Ctrl+C): Version 3.0.1.0, OS: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Message: 'Commands:UICommands.CreateChannel' value cannot be assigned to property 'Command' of object 'System.Windows.Controls.Button'. Configuration system failed to initialize Error at object 'CreateChannelButton' in markup file 'WBFSManager;component/ui/mainwindow.xaml'.
InnerException: Configuration system failed to initialize
Stack trace: at System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException.ThrowException(String message, Exception innerException, Int32 lineNumber, Int32 linePosition, Uri baseUri, XamlObjectIds currentXamlObjectIds, XamlObjectIds contextXamlObjectIds, Type objectType)
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException.ThrowException(ParserContext parserContext, Int32 lineNumber, Int32 linePosition, String message, Exception innerException)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ThrowExceptionWithLine(String message, Exception innerException)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.CreateInstanceFromType(Type type, Int16 typeId, Boolean throwOnFail)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.GetElementAndFlags(BamlElementStartRecord bamlElementStartRecord, Object& element, ReaderFlags& flags, Type& delayCreatedType, Int16& delayCreatedTypeId)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.BaseReadElementStartRecord(BamlElementSta
tRecord bamlElementRecord)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadElementStartRecord(BamlElementStartRe
ord bamlElementRecord)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadRecord(BamlRecord bamlRecord)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.Read(Boolean singleRecord)
at System.Windows.Markup.TreeBuilderBamlTranslator.ParseFragment()
at System.Windows.Markup.TreeBuilder.Parse()
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
at System.Windows.Application.b__0(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(
ryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(DispatcherPriority priority, Delegate method, Object arg)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run()
at WBFSManager.AppMain.Main()

Scuba156

Trophies
XP
Country
Same thing happens to me with 3.1, it use to work fine then one day it just started throwing a fatal error on boot. i reverted back to 3.0, but i have tried uninstalling, clearing the registry and reinstalling 3.1 but it just throws up the fatal error

r3dcat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have already tried re-installing latest .net framework as well as uninstalling and manually removed all registry reference before re-installing again ... neither has fixed the problem!

Daniel52926

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I found the solution by accident
You need to manually delete the folder %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\WBFSManager e.g. C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\WBFSManager
The AppData folder is hidden and you'll need to enable show hidden folders.
You may need to install/reinstall WBFSManager after deleting the folder
The problem came when my computer froze due to faulty HDD connection
Uninstalling the programme didn't fix it
I was going to delete everything, so I was backing up everything manually, copying files I will keep and deleting files I wasn't going to keep
I found the above mentioned folder and remembered something. A fix can be as simple as deleting a folder/file. The programme may create a new file immediately, or when installing the programme again.
I was using Windows 10 64-bit. I don't think the error is related to version or whether it's 64-bit

Last edited by Daniel52926,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I found the solution by accident
You need to manually delete the folder %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\WBFSManager e.g. C:\Users\(your user name)\AppData\Local\WBFSManager
The problem came when my computer froze due to faulty HDD connection
Uninstalling the programme didn't fix it
I was going to delete everything, so I was backing up everything manually, copying files I will keep and deleting files I wasn't going to keep
When I found the folder I had some deja vu. Sometimes it's as simple as deleting a folder/file so it creates a new one automatically, or when you reinstall a programme

Hello.:)

Please DO NOT longer use the WBFS Manager !! It has a serious Bug in the LIBWBFS,is also outdated and discontinued.
Please use the WiiBackup Manager instead.

http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/downloads.html

Enjoy your Wi and have Fun.
Thank you.:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...