OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi to all
I will appreciate your help.
I had loaded WBFS 3.0 and converted some of my ISO into the driver.
when i try to load the drive with USB loader GX-ULNR r366, the loader didn't recognize my partition. (I used 50gb Partition out of my 320GB HD, format under WBFS 3.0).
the loader see the 2 partitions (after click on format). and after I format the drive through the loader, I went again and converted games through the loader which take 5 times longer...
I went back to the PC, connected the HD, through USB, don't see the partition on "My Computer" and WBFS 3.0 DO NOT see the drive i format through the loader.

PLEASE HELP.

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your post is a little hard to understand. Could you try this: take a screenshot of the Disk Management view of the drive in Windows and post it here. That way it will be easier to see what partitions you created and which drive letters have been assigned to them (if any).

defanation

Trophies
XP
Country
I think I'm having the same general problem as he is, so I'll try to word it a little more simply.

If I format my hard drive on my Wii, add some ISOs, and move it to my computer, WBFS Manager does not recognize it.

If I format it on the PC, throw so ISOs on it, and take it to the Wii, USB Loader does not recognize the partition.

cogent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi.

I have got the same Problem.
So, i have make a litle "tool / help" for me based on wbfs by kwirk.
With this I can put it with the "Send to" Menü to the HDD.

example:

right click on the file an go to "send to" and click "Wii USB Datenträger"

This works on Windows XP (german). I have test it with this.
For other Operatin Systems from MS....... I dont know......

How to install:
Program directory --> C:\Programme\WBFS\ (for example, or put it somewere else, its the german directory name)
Send to directory--> C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\SendTo\ (make here a shortcut to the file that you put in your program directory. This ist the german directory, put it in yours. PUT HERE ONLY THE SHORTCUT to the file)

And yes, it is in german language. But this is not a Problem. You have Only to do the things from the example.
Or change the file name. The window that opens will close automatik after the progress.

I have post it at that page:

http://www.evo-x.de/wbb2/thread.php?thread...b8fc579317beba7

Maybe, someone can put it somewere else (rapid or so).
I am new at this forum and dont know how to upload it here.
My englisch is not the best, so i hope you understand everything.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
this is the correct way to make your hdd be recognized by WBFS manager on your PC :

1 : format your hdd in NTFS or FAT , on your PC , and let windows assign a letter to it.

2 : connect then your hdd to the wii and launch the loader.

3 : format in WBFS , on your wii.

4 : disconnect your hdd from the wii , and connect it to your PC , and be sure to plug it on the same usb port than the first time you formated it in NTFS (sometimes windows assign a different letter if you use a different usb port......)

5 : run WBFS manager , and you should be able to see your hdd (or at least the letter that was assigned to it by windows)

This way to do worked for me after 2 days of fighting with wbfs manager, loader and hdd ^^

cogent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think, hes problem ist that he dont get a drive letter.
This was hapend for me only with an IDE HDD in an external USB box.
After formating with loader on the Wii the Driver letter disapears.

Maybe the USB Controller in it was the problem?????
The partition must be a primary partition, not logical.
This can also solve the problem.

You can get the file now here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/237557035/USB_...tition.exe.html

Only 10 Downloads.

How to use:
1. Copy / download the file to the place where yo want it to store
2. make a shortcut to it in your "send to" directory
3. copy the iso by right click an chose "send to" "USB WBFS partition"

Tested with WinXP, work without a drive latter

very simple.
The window that pop up have german text. But you must not do anything.
Only wait to the end of the progress and the window close automatik.

Whats in the .exe:
1. wbfs.exe and .dll
2. a few batch commands
3. text files as help to make it work with "send to"

Are you sure your partition are primary and not logical?

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Format HDD in FAT32

IF YOU HAVE VISTA:
Use Partition Magic 8, or use GParted

If neither work for you (GParted ALWAYS works) PM me, I'll give you a link to another program I have that's very annoyingly hard to find normally...

Then format in WBFS (I used AlexDP's WBFS Manager 3.1)

After you finished formatting it in WBFS, throw some games onto it (Just 1 for starts) and it should work.

When installing on your Wii !!!!!
Make SURE you have Rev 10, if you don't have Rev 10, don't even bother trying, Rev 9 doesn't work for crap, went crazy trying to get it working, reformatted like 5 times, didn't work until I changed to rev 10!

defanation

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I'm not exactly sure what I did now, but I can't get WBFS Manager to format my drive properly now. I think I'll just give up on a PC connection with the drive for now; at least I can use the Wii to load games into it.

I'll try your program cogent, that seems like it might work. Bit frustrated today, though. heh

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What Operating System are you using?

If I'm using Vista x64 and I can go ahead and use it, then you shouldn't have any problems. You also might be downloading the x64 version when you need x32 or something, which also brings in a lot of problems and will not let it load properly.

It's very easy if you use it (the one by AlexDP), it's in the sticky "Ultimate USB Loader & Accessories", and it's GREAT! xD

If not, while you 'can' grab them from DVDs it's a pain to still have all those DVDs laying around the house, wasted! :0

defanation

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on XP. I'll probably try the other WBFS GUI you recommended from that thread, but I'm pretty happy with it at least half working now.

QUOTE said:
If not, while you 'can' grab them from DVDs it's a pain to still have all those DVDs laying around the house, wasted! :0

Well, since I was using backup loader, I have a pretty significant collection already on DVD. Just a few new ones I'd be able to add without burning first anyway.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Pyrofyr said:
Make SURE you have Rev 10, if you don't have Rev 10, don't even bother trying, Rev 9 doesn't work for crap, went crazy trying to get it working, reformatted like 5 times, didn't work until I changed to rev 10!

wrong.
i'm on rev9 and it works like a charm for me.

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
dudon said:
Hi to all
I will appreciate your help.
I had loaded WBFS 3.0 and converted some of my ISO into the driver.
when i try to load the drive with USB loader GX-ULNR r366, the loader didn't recognize my partition. (I used 50gb Partition out of my 320GB HD, format under WBFS 3.0).
the loader see the 2 partitions (after click on format). and after I format the drive through the loader, I went again and converted games through the loader which take 5 times longer...
I went back to the PC, connected the HD, through USB, don't see the partition on "My Computer" and WBFS 3.0 DO NOT see the drive i format through the loader.

PLEASE HELP.

i have the exact problem My Computer or WBFS manager doesn't recognise my Harddrive so i cant format through either

dudon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofr, thank you.
Thanks a lot for all for the replies, i thought i was one of few that has this problem.
I red it's not recommended to upgrade to rev 10 since games are freezing.. and wait till rev 11 released to fix those bugs of the freeze. I also spent hours back and force to reformat and throw 1 or 2 games under rev 9 withous solution. Will I be able load WBFS the ISO files and still see all the games on GX loader on the Wii?

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
Format HDD in FAT32

IF YOU HAVE VISTA:
Use Partition Magic 8, or use GParted

If neither work for you (GParted ALWAYS works) PM me, I'll give you a link to another program I have that's very annoyingly hard to find normally...

Then format in WBFS (I used AlexDP's WBFS Manager 3.1)

After you finished formatting it in WBFS, throw some games onto it (Just 1 for starts) and it should work.

Perfect advice. I followed the same info, which I had read from others a while back, and I've never had an issue. I formatted from NTFS to FAT32 using CompuApps SwissKnife V3 (free 3rd party program). Windows assigns it a drive letter, then WBFS manager recognizes that letter, and correctly formats it to WBFS. I've read countless times not to format using the Wii system. I recommend using WBFS manager to install all Wii games, but I read the original USB Loader 1.1 should be used for backing up your actual discs (other versions are slower and buggy). With so many custom loaders around, I won't even chance using them to format/add/remove games, since almost every revision produces unknown bugs. I have too many games to risk corruption.

moviecut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
as cogant said, i think it has something to do with the primary/ logical thing (must be primary to be recognized by your pc). i also had problems with logical partition. now it is regognized by pc and wii. but now i have found a tool for all of you who cant get it to work on pc. try this wbfs-tool:

http://duchaine.dyndns.org/index.php/wbfsgui.html

it shows you also the partitions, which have no drive letter. works perfect for me! i can copy all games that are already stored on the partition without driveletter. really great! + it doesnt need .NET or installation like wbfs manager. just unpack and you will be fine!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo