Ways of creating speedlines in photoshop...

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Harsky, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    So yeah... I'm trying to create a manga style style page in Photoshop but somehow I don't really feel the need to draw each invidual lines on a page. Is there such a thing as templates ready for download? What I'm looking for someting that looks like the black lines in this picture

[​IMG]

2. kingeightsix

kingeightsix GBAtemp Fan

Aug 20, 2006
    Canada
    Capital
    OOOH i remember you can actually make something like that with PS using polar coordinates & shit like that... i'm gon play with it and see if i can get that effect, again.

3. kingeightsix

kingeightsix GBAtemp Fan

Aug 20, 2006
    Canada
    Capital
    ok, i'm back... and i'm not quite empty handed but i'm not sure this is the effect you're looking for...

create a new layer and make some vertical lines (thick/thin... don't matter) with the rectangular marquee tool... fill that in... then go to filter > distort > polar coordinates..

play with it from there coz i'm too tired to figure it out right now lol

4. .TakaM

.TakaM .II

Oct 8, 2004
    New Zealand
    make a layer on top of your image and put some random black dots around the exterior of the image then:
    filters- blur- radial blur- switch it to zoom blur

edit-
    [​IMG]
    fastest poster in the west [​IMG]

5. Danieluz

Danieluz GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2006
    Takam that was some sweet way to do it, wouldn't thought of it, I would had draw some vertical lines and after I would use the free transform tool and change the perspective.
    Anyway Harsky, you definetly wanna stick to .takam method.

6. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    Yep, worked real well enough to do some pseudo manga type image. Thanks .TakaM.