Way to undo hacks?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Tybalt1212, May 9, 2011.

May 9, 2011

Way to undo hacks? by Tybalt1212 at 6:33 PM (720 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Tybalt1212
    OP

Newcomer Tybalt1212 Member

Canada
    What the title says, pretty much. Here's the whole story: I started downgrading from 6.20 and the Patapon 2 Exploit froze when I pressed R so I tried TN-D. That seemed to work, so I ran PSARDUMPER - a few errors occurred, but having seen plenty of error messages come up while hacking my Wii with no ill effects, I thought nothing of it and decided to procede. I got it to let me into the 5.03 update, but when I press X once inside, it tells me the battery level is low and I need to charge it, even though I have three bars. I've followed everything in the sticky guide to a T and tried every possible combination of re-running the various apps, turning it off/on, etc. and nothing will change it.

So, long story short, I'm giving up and I'd like to know if I can get rid of what I've already done. Would an OFW update remove it like with the Wii or would that brick it? Thanks in advance guys!

Best,

Tybalt

2. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    ... you followed the sticky? For what model?

I don't know WHAT the hell you did to get to that point... just use Hellcat's Pandora installer to install an OFW of 6.20, or just use the 6.20 update normally if that works.

It should clear any hacks and such.

Then may I suggest trying to run PRO-5? and then the PRO-5 perma patch? You shouldn't have any issues or confusion with that and it'll give you a fully hacked PSP in seconds.

3. indask8

Member indask8 New Member Forever

France
    What type of psp?

Also you can skip the battery check, just hold L trigger + triangle at same time while loading the updater .

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Yeah if you're confused, Hellcat's Recovery Flasher can fully-install an original un-modified firmware. Generally 5.03 is recommended because from there you have multiple paths so you can take your time and decide.

5. Tybalt1212
    OP

Newcomer Tybalt1212 Member

Canada
    Thanks guys! Hellcat's Recovery Flasher did the trick. I should be all ready now - SWIM's got a couple of ISOs downloading, so I'll report back with the results.

[​IMG]

EDIT: By the way, the PSP's a 1000. =)

UPDATE: SWIM's backups are showing up as Corrupted Data. Is there something else I'm supposed to do before being able to play backups? I even went and tried PRO-5 after. =(

FINAL UPDATE: All working! [​IMG] Thanks again, everyone!